Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Sounds like there is an issue with the site. I would call and open a ticket with Sprint about that.

Well LTE has been on and off over the last month, and just two days ago it was turned back on so I am sure they're aware of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with Sprint today. Have been experiencing dropped calls, been roaming while at home, and having no service. Got told that they started working on the tower near my house on 8/27 and will be completed 9/3. This is for the Allentown Area. I wanna do a drive by of the tower to see if they have done any work. Also got told I'll be compensated. What kind of compensation???

Edited by Cnickisher

This is strange so for the last few days LTE at work is off during the morning but pops back on in the afternoon, testing perhaps?

I do notice now the 3G speeds went way up averaging over 2Mbps now and the signal is a lot better so I guess it's still being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

I know someone switching from AT&T to Sprint next November, since Network Vision should be complete, how will Sprints coverage compare to AT&T? Specifically in the Philadelphia Metro Area.

Anyone know officially when LTE 4G is supposed to be launched fully in Allentown? There are certain spots that I get 4G but its only real quick and it's constantly switching from 3G to 4G

Probably not soon. There will be an additional site that goes live every week or two. I wouldn't expect a Lehigh Valley launch until late Fall.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Probably not soon. There will be an additional site that goes live every week or two. I wouldn't expect a Lehigh Valley launch until late Fall.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I consider "late fall" fairly soon in the scheme of things!  The problem with the sites that have been launched in the Lehigh Valley is that they are very scattered, so you only get small little blips here and there.  There seems to be a pretty solid network, though, forming in the Wescosville area near Route 222/78 and south and west.

Fun story to tell about today, two days ago my iPhone 5 charger broke so I finally got around to getting another cable. Went to the T-Mobile store on my walk home from work and decided to try out the phones while I was messing around and they have big posters advertising LTE this and LTE that but none of the phones had LTE in the store but I had 3 bars inside. :lol:

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quakertown has LTE. I'm not sure how long this had been, but of course it drops to 3G one block from my house. This was rte309 from the BonTon to Frank's Beer Stein.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-5615-13792004362709_thumb.jpg

Edited by jerry42570

• 3 weeks later...

Are 1xRTT towers ever going to get at least 3g? Anything above I-78 west of Allentown (Jim Thorpe, Hazleton, Pottsville) is horribly slow, and always has been. Not sure what market they are, but just curious if it'll be 1980's speed data forever.

Are 1xRTT towers ever going to get at least 3g? Anything above I-78 west of Allentown (Jim Thorpe, Hazleton, Pottsville) is horribly slow, and always has been. Not sure what market they are, but just curious if it'll be 1980's speed data forever.

Every tower will have 3G and all 3 bands of LTE when all is said and done.

Every tower will have 3G and all 3 bands of LTE when all is said and done.

Not every tower will get all 3 bands of LTE.  The 800 LTE only about 80% of sites will get this band.  This is because the frequency travels longer and can penetrate indoors better that there isn't a need for it on every site.  I also think most of the sites not receiving it are in the IBEZ area.  The TD-LTE should be getting deployed nationwide next year on almost every tower though. There are also about 100 sites for various reasons not being upgraded.  So ALMOST every tower in the nation will get LTE 1900 (PCS) and 2600 (TD-LTE) but only about 80% will get 800 (SMR).

All towers even legacy towers should have 3g already.  You must be in a fringe area or roaming or something.  Don't get me wrong I'm not saying legacy 3g is great and you can still get 1980's speeds or worse with legacy 3g sites but every sprint tower supports 3g.

I've been coming up here for years and always get 1x in all 3 of those towns mentioned, plus every town on the way to and from.... On a new HTC One now and same thing... It's not the boonies either, pretty populated towns.