Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

If I could figure out how to log in with my Twitter account to Tapatalk, I'd post pictures of speed test screenshots I took on my phone at Dan Schantz Greenhouse on Lehigh St. in Allentown today.  Everytime I enter my Twitter log in name and password, it rejects it.

Good speeds I live on emmaus ave near premo pizza and I get great speeds now they upgraded the tower by home depot that's the tower I useSent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed much improved backhaul around the LV. Great to finally see.

I thought they upgraded the tower near my house, on Route 309 in New Tripoli, but sometimes I still get speeds in the 0.4-0.5 down range.  Shouldn't they be higher than that?  Right now, at 1:42 am, I just tested 0.99 Mbps.

Edit: Just had a burst to 1.19 Mbps down.  Still seems like NV speeds should be higher?  Are these perhaps still a T1 backhaul?

I thought they upgraded the tower near my house, on Route 309 in New Tripoli, but sometimes I still get speeds in the 0.4-0.5 down range.  Shouldn't they be higher than that?  Right now, at 1:42 am, I just tested 0.99 Mbps.

Edit: Just had a burst to 1.19 Mbps down.  Still seems like NV speeds should be higher?  Are these perhaps still a T1 backhaul?

Depends on the load on the tower. But for that time I see 2mbps pretty regularly on new backhaul. Until LTE is lit up we can't know for sure what backhaul is in place. Realistically though, compared to some of the speeds I used to see around the LV, 400k a sec is wonderful!

Anyone see the new rate plans launching tomorrow?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

New rate plans? Please tell me they have something with fewer minutes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I just need them to upgrade the towers in wyncote.

You need to be a Sponsor in order to see the maps that provide information in greater detail, but take a look at the Sensorly maps...there is definitely LTE available in & around Wyncote.

Very nice. I remember not being able to run Speedtests pretty much anywhere in Allentown.

I was just in Center City Allentown, along Tilghman Street, and then went into Whitehall to get a free Slurpee at 7-11 (!!) on Mickley Rd...sometimes couldn't do a speed test, then got one of 0.07 Mbps down.  Grrreat!  Come on, already!

I was just in Center City Allentown, along Tilghman Street, and then went into Whitehall to get a free Slurpee at 7-11 (!!) on Mickley Rd...sometimes couldn't do a speed test, then got one of 0.07 Mbps down.  Grrreat!  Come on, already!

Yea, there are definitely still towers on legacy backhaul. It's good to see progress, though, regardless.

Yea, there are definitely still towers on legacy backhaul. It's good to see progress, though, regardless.

Yeah, I thought mine had been upgraded, but I was out driving and went past 2 towers right next to mine.  They pulled down 1.5 Mbps on average.  So that told me that my average 600-700 kbps are still legacy backhaul.  I guess I'm confused about what "3G accepted" means.

Yeah, I thought mine had been upgraded, but I was out driving and went past 2 towers right next to mine.  They pulled down 1.5 Mbps on average.  So that told me that my average 600-700 kbps are still legacy backhaul.  I guess I'm confused about what "3G accepted" means.

3G accepted = physical work completed and contractor can get paid.

Does not mean upgraded backhaul is there nor if the 3G side of things are live or not. 

Had a fun experiment at work today with a coworker, we both have iPhone 5's with identical signal inside the building so I had him install the speedtest app and we chose the same server and ran 3 test's and chose the best.

Me:

2j10bck.jpg

Him:

33e2z3r.png

Looks like Verizon is pretty slow compared to Sprint around here as their network is overcrowded but my Sprint tower just had LTE turned on two days ago. :P

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

Had a fun experiment at work today with a coworker, we both have iPhone 5's with identical signal inside the building so I had him install the speedtest app and we chose the same server and ran 3 test's and chose the best.

Me:

Him:

Looks like Verizon is pretty slow compared to Sprint around here as their network is overcrowded but my Sprint tower just had LTE turned on two days ago. :P

What was his reaction?!

I took these pics today from the tower nearest my house, near Route 309 & Mountain Rd in New Tripoli.  They're not the greatest, but I was wondering if anyone could identify what they are.  (NV, backhaul, etc.)

IMAG03361.jpg

IMAG03371.jpg

IMAG03381.jpg

I was "afraid" to get any closer...something about huge electrical equipment kind of freaks me out!

Well this sucks, apparently they turned off LTE on the tower by my work, I should have known better because the pings were abnormally high so I'm guessing they are working on it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk