Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I got the same text last week.  Funny, the thing is, it seems like everywhere in Reading, PA got LTE, EXCEPT WHERE I WORK!!!!  UGH!!!!  This is so frustrating, why is there like a "dome" of non-LTE coverage and I'm right on the edge of it! grrr....

8F04AD43-B306-46DE-81B1-0BC2CBA9E9B5_zps

Edited by stleon1585

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any more updates on the Reading Area, namely 19602, south Reading? Still don't have LTE in my little corner of the city. Strange that they would light up LTE everywhere BUT downtown...

South Reading seems to be very hit and miss for me as well, but I have been seeing significant improvements elsewhere in the Reading area, particularly over the last 4 days. The signal is a bit weak but I am finally seeing LTE at my home in Laureldale and the difference in LTE speeds in Wyomissing is nothing short of a night and day difference. Previously I had been seeing speeds in the range of 3 - 4mbps down and 1 - 2 up. Now I'm consistently getting 20 down and 5 up with no timeouts. It is far and away the best data speeds I have ever gotten with Sprint.

South Reading seems to be very hit and miss for me as well, but I have been seeing significant improvements elsewhere in the Reading area, particularly over the last 4 days. The signal is a bit weak but I am finally seeing LTE at my home in Laureldale and the difference in LTE speeds in Wyomissing is nothing short of a night and day difference. Previously I had been seeing speeds in the range of 3 - 4mbps down and 1 - 2 up. Now I'm consistently getting 20 down and 5 up with no timeouts. It is far and away the best data speeds I have ever gotten with Sprint.

Cool! I'm glad you are getting great service now. It's about time. I've gotten decent speeds in Muhlenberg in the past couple weeks, but I'm hardly ever up that way. I live in W Reading and work in downtown, and there's absolutely no coverage there as far as 4G. Even the Sensorly map confirms this, it's like a little bubble that LTE can't touch! So frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So within the last week or so I have been picking up LTE inside my house, granted it's not the strongest or most reliable signal but I am getting it at times, generally in the 110-115dBm (on 1900 and come from a tower I suspect is several miles away as my closest towers are only 3G still) area but still usable at around 5-7Mbps. 1xRTT signal has improved as well compared to this time last year, I can make and receive calls and or texts without issue all without my airave which has been unplugged for a while now. NV 1.0 has made a huge difference, can't wait for 2.0 to start.

• Like 3

What until u get triband phone .

Holding out for the iPhone 6, they sure as hell better have a tri-band radio in it. LTE800 will do wonders for me here on the off chance that my internet goes down which is rare but it would be nice. :P

Anyone in the Philadelphia area have experience using a Sprint 4G phone at a higher altitude in Center City?  I work on the 29th floor of a building and have pretty terrible service for data and voice on my 4s.  I plan on upgrading, hopefully to the iphone 6 later in the year, but potentially to a 5c/5s and was wondering what your experience has been like with a 4G phone.