Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Yep but still nowhere near me. :(

Closer than before...If there was no civilization between you and the nearest 800 site you could probably connect to it! I wouldn't be surprised if they bring another couple of dozen sites online again within a week.

Closer than before...If there was no civilization between you and the nearest 800 site you could probably connect to it! I wouldn't be surprised if they bring another couple of dozen sites online again within a week.

Yeah it's itching closer but the thing that scares me is a few towers around me still are only 3G accepted though the majority are 3G/4G accepted but I guess we shall see. In my particular area with all of the hills and tree's 800 is badly needed in some parts, it's not terrible but it will make a huge difference.

I'm in between 2 towers at my in-law's house. One has 1x800, the other, which is a little closer, has 1xRTT. I wish it had 800 because the signal is weak here and it might make it just a little better. Maybe next time I visit it'll be upgraded. The tower I'm referring to is just east of the blue route and in between Swarthmore and Woodlyn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Anyone have any info for the downtown Reading, PA area? I my office is at 625 Cherry St, Reading, PA 19602. If I walk a half a block east of my office and perform a network update, I can get 2 bars of LTE, anywhere from 2-3 Mbps down. Inside my office (south side of the building, near a window), I get 1x coverage with about 0.05 Mbps download speeds.  Does anyone have any info for my place of work? I know Reading is slowly upgrading, and I've gotten LTE elsewhere, but I really need it at work!

Thanks for your help.

Scot

Hello,

Anyone have any info for the downtown Reading, PA area? I my office is at 625 Cherry St, Reading, PA 19602. If I walk a half a block east of my office and perform a network update, I can get 2 bars of LTE, anywhere from 2-3 Mbps down. Inside my office (south side of the building, near a window), I get 1x coverage with about 0.05 Mbps download speeds. Does anyone have any info for my place of work? I know Reading is slowly upgrading, and I've gotten LTE elsewhere, but I really need it at work!

Thanks for your help.

Scot

There is no more information that is available other than to say the Reading area is under deployment and all sites will be converted in the area. It will improve your 1x signal and each site will get LTE. 3G data services will also improve at each site once LTE goes live.

The sites around Reading will get upgraded one at a time over the next 6-8 months or so.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

There is no more information that is available other than to say the Reading area is under deployment and all sites will be converted in the area. It will improve your 1x signal and each site will get LTE. 3G data services will also improve at each site once LTE goes live.

The sites around Reading will get upgraded one at a time over the next 6-8 months or so.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

How about Allentown/the Lehigh Valley proper?  Do you think that Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton will be launched separately from Reading?

How about Allentown/the Lehigh Valley proper?  Do you think that Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton will be launched separately from Reading?

Yes.  The Lehigh Valley seems a little farther along.  Otherwise I would say the same thing about your market.

Robert

When do you think the LV might launch?  LTE in lots of places, but very few of them are north of Route 22.

I don't have any inside info on that.  But I would guess in early Spring.

Robert

When is allentown going to be done they said october of last yearSent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I no longer live in Allentown but visit every few months. I've noticed the towers in the city seem to be the ones not getting the LTE updates. I'm wondering if it's a permit issue since towers outside the city limits have been getting upgraded.

There's a "yellow" site that I still can't seem to get LTE from after months of being displayed like that... Can that sometimes happen?

Yes, it does sometimes happen. I don't know why it does, but I have seen it firsthand on one site and others have reported it on occasion. From reading reports from others and my personal observations most sites are live within a week (before or after) being accepted though.

Route 863 and Red Rd in Weisenberg Township, Lehigh County in the New Smithville area

I noticed that "anomaly" on the map. If you look at network.sprint.com it isn't listed as having 2 data speed upgrades which pretty much every  other LTE site is at the very least. I think this may have been incorrectly updated in Robert's maps.

I noticed that "anomaly" on the map. If you look at network.sprint.com it isn't listed as having 2 data speed upgrades which pretty much every  other LTE site is at the very least. I think this may have been incorrectly updated in Robert's maps.

I just checked the database, and it is marked 3G/4G.  In searching through the docs and import files, they only show that this site was 3G accepted back in late October.  I don't know where the error occurred in the update process.  But I've fixed it now.

Robert

• Like 1

I just checked the database, and it is marked 3G/4G.  In searching through the docs and import files, they only show that this site was 3G accepted back in late October.  I don't know where the error occurred in the update process.  But I've fixed it now.

Robert

Thanks!  Made me think something was wrong with my phone... then I was thinking, maybe it was some freak site that had 800 or 2.5 LTE ready, but never took my Mifi out there to check...