Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

There's been hardly any updates in Philly Metro the last several weeks.  I wonder why work is slowing down?

Yeah I hear you, there are still a lot of towers here that have not been upgraded.

By my count (10/8 - 11/7) the Philly Metro area has had 26 3G and 44 4G upgrades in the last month.

Yeah I know that I am talking about my specific area lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I know that feeling. I keep wishing that just one of the 4G updates in DE where downstate...

I know that feeling. I keep wishing that just one of the 4G updates in DE where downstate...

I have LTE pretty much everywhere I go however there are some dead areas because those towers were not uograded. Most haven't even received upgraded 3G.

I have LTE pretty much everywhere I go however there are some dead areas because those towers were not uograded. Most haven't even received upgraded 3G.

Are they on difficult to upgrade sites?

A few are on apartment complexes on the roof and I know the nearest one near my house is on top of a hospital.

I suppose that is better than high voltage transmission lines. I think the most difficult thing with building sites is running the new backhaul inside the building. I don't think they can want it slapped on the outside wall like they do with a tower.

I suppose that is better than high voltage transmission lines. I think the most difficult thing with building sites is running the new backhaul inside the building. I don't think they can want it slapped on the outside wall like they do with a tower.

Yeah I'm sure that is the reason.

By my count (10/8 - 11/7) the Philly Metro area has had 26 3G and 44 4G upgrades in the last month.

True, but other places (I think in Michigan somewhere) had like 58 updates just in one reporting period (about 5 days).

There are only a few places up here in the Lehigh Valley that have LTE.  A nice swath in the West Allentown/Kuhnsville/Fogelsville/Trexlertown area, and then a few spots along Route 22.  But that's about it.  There's one site that's been 3G/4G accepted near my house (Route 863 in Kempton) that I can't get any LTE from no matter how many directions I approach it or how many times I airplane-mode and power cycle.

Anyone here get a Nexus 5 or LG G2? I'm curious if the CSFB problem is affecting our area.

I haven't been up to Philly since I got my Nexus 5, but I haven't had any issues on 4G sites in Delaware or Maryland with it.

I just received my Nexus 5 on Thursday. I do alot of traveling for my job within PA, DE, and NJ. I'll report my findings within a few days for all those who are curious about the performance of the N5.

The nexus 5 is a beast. I've traveled all through the Philadelphia Metro, central and southern NJ and northern DE. area and this thing holds LTE like no other. My only gripe, and it is a small one, is the rescan timer for lte is a bit long. It would not dissuade me from keeping this phone. I did notice a bit of wonkyness in Montgomery county with the data connection. But all in all I had no problems with LTE or 3g.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know whats been activated in ardmore pa in terms of 800

Nothing is showing yet on the NV complete maps in that area and no one here has reported anything specific.

I hope this is good news however for the rest of us in the Philly area, sure would be great to have great coverage wherever I go because right now I struggle in some places I frequent due to old buildings that block signals. Its gotten a bit better with the NV but this will hopefully make it better. :)

• Like 1

anyone know whats been activated in ardmore pa in terms of 800

Nothing is showing yet on the NV complete maps in that area and no one here has reported anything specific.

ok thank you for the info

I suspect the 800 you are asking about is not the 4G LTE service?

If however it is the LTE service, coverage in Ardmore started in late October of this year.

• Like 1

I suspect the 800 you are asking about is not the 4G LTE service?

If however it is the LTE service, coverage in Ardmore started in late October of this year.

yes because I do have a triband hotspot and would be interested if it is turned on because I m visiting there next week for 6 days and coverage where I live is still horrible