Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Anyone's network going crazy my tower keeps going out going back on going back out I'm in alentown just off lehigh street

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mine hasn't ... but I'm 25 miles away from you in New Tripoli...

I got one of the new Mifi hotspots today and it wouldn't activate.  Sprint claims it's defective and they are sending me a new one.  Except now it's on back order for 10-15 business days.  FML.

It looks like Sprint is preparing to launch Philadelphia officially next week on the 30th.

Keep in mind this doesn't mean that the network is finished, just that LTE coverage has reached the 40% POPs mark that Sprint is apparently using to launch markets. 

Sprint should be launching when at least 50% of the towers are broadcasting LTE at bare minimum. And the Philly area only has 23% and coverage is very spotty and non-existent in many areas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

The "official" Sprint coverage maps are showing LTE in the Philly area. I would assume an official launch is soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

OMG just looked they updated them recently apparently, the coverage is FAR from that wow!

The "official" Sprint coverage maps are showing LTE in the Philly area. I would assume an official launch is soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, look a couple posts up. 

And then at this.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4302-sprint-to-launch-lte-in-new-york-philadelphia-portland-and-other-cities-on-july-30/

It's interesting how they show LTE on those maps - not sure of the coverage in Philly, but they don't show any in the Lehigh Valley, and there are several sites with LTE.  And they show none of them!

It's because it's outside of the Philadelphia metro. It considered a different "market" that will be launched at a different time. 

It's interesting how they show LTE on those maps - not sure of the coverage in Philly, but they don't show any in the Lehigh Valley, and there are several sites with LTE. And they show none of them!

As I said last night those maps are highly inaccurate, it shows I am covered everywhere in my neighborhood and surrounding areas but I'm lucky to get a signal in a few places and even then it's not a strong signal.

Edited by BlueAngel

I'm in an orange area right now where I would normally be on 4-5 bars of LTE but now no LTE the maps are lies. I feel like they have a child playing with a light switch right now, LTE is on then off it just keeps repeating.

• Like 1

At the bar right now and I wasn't getting LTE then around 11:45 it just popped on, strange stuff. I even toggled airplane mode several times as I am within a mile from my work where I always get LTE.

Nice called sprint today they said lrss than 90 days well be lte ready

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2 

I think they lie and don't really know anything...ha.  I bet we'll have a lot more LTE in the LV in just a few weeks, if they keep up with the current rate.

Nice called sprint today they said lrss than 90 days well be lte readySent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think they lie and don't really know anything...ha.  I bet we'll have a lot more LTE in the LV in just a few weeks, if they keep up with the current rate.

Actually, when you get that kind of answer, you actually have someone looking at the NV schedule. Unfortunately, there's only a few classifications on the schedule. Usually they just happen upon a site that has upgrades scheduled within the next:

Less than 180 days

Less than 90 days

Less than 30 days

It's not always clear if that means 3G, 800, or LTE.

• Like 2