Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Whoa, it's back!

The speed was so quick that it seemed to *slam* into a cap at 300KB/s, is this the theoretical limit for whatever technology we are currently using?

EVDO rev a has a theoretical cap of around 3.2Mbps so those speeds are about the best you will ever see, I've hit 2.7Mbps a few times but average is about 2.5Mbps for me.

And a random thought, all this rain lately has surely hindered the upgrades on the towers in the area, this rain needs to go away.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is what they should do for marketing Sprint after NV is complete ... take identical phones and show side by side how Sprint will always win :-)

Definitely, I wish their commercials got a bit more aggressive.

This is faster than any of my friends' Verizon phones have EVER been. It's hard getting people to believe you that sprint's network will actually be of a better quality than Verizon in a year's time. (In most areas)

Edited by burnout8488

This is what they should do for marketing Sprint after NV is complete ... take identical phones and show side by side how Sprint will always win :-)

Definitely, I wish their commercials got a bit more aggressive.

This is faster than any of my friends' Verizon phones have EVER been. It's hard getting people to believe you that sprint's network will actually be of a better quality than Verizon in a year's time. (In most areas)

Yeah I consistently beat people I know on speed tests who use Verizon on EVDO, even beat them on LTE here and there as well.

I really think once all the 800 sites come on their coverage will be better than Verizon's.  I'm on vacation in West Virginia and have NO service, and a few times I have caught 1 bar or so on my phone - and according to Signal Check it's said 1xRTT 800.  No need to roam on VZW when our coverage is better!

It's just too bad this can't happen NOW.  But, maybe the timing is better - give people more time to get more fed up with VZW and any one else as their LTE networks get bogged down and then come over to Sprint.

Yup! I'm sure a lot of people are LEAVING sprint right now too, so it sort of benefits us both ways. Less customers to bog down the towers, but better quality towers to lure in new business.

I feel bad for the uneducated that are dropping Sprint without knowing what's really about to happen! :)

• Like 1

In Reading near Lancaster Ave & 422.... Can't even get a 3g connection to hold to do a speed test. It just blinks the icon a few times and stalls out. Sprint has some real crap areas that are supposed to get LTE soon, but I don't know how if we can't even get 3g.

I decommissioned the Nextel site at 52nd and Ludlow (on top of the PNC Bank) two weeks ago and as it sits now any Nextel shelter that has NOT been re purposed for NV is now abandoned (quite a few was forced to stay active because the power for the Zayo access point was fed from the shelter but all those have now been switched over to the Sprint PPCs). The bad side is that ever since then the site has been acting up badly (weak signal, connected EvDO but no internet access, even ROAMING AT 52nd and WALNUT) and its not just Sprint as both Clearwire and MetroPCS has data coming from the Zayo AP and they have been having intermittent issues.  

• Like 1

So I go to my local watering hole tonight and LTE pops up, getting a solid 5 bars inside now whereas before I was lucky to get one on 3G the LTE signal is anywhere from 2-3 bars and 14Mbps down on two bars not bad.

So I go to my local watering hole tonight and LTE pops up, getting a solid 5 bars inside now whereas before I was lucky to get one on 3G the LTE signal is anywhere from 2-3 bars and 14Mbps down on two bars not bad.

Awesome!!  Where's that at?

I decommissioned the Nextel site at 52nd and Ludlow (on top of the PNC Bank) two weeks ago and as it sits now any Nextel shelter that has NOT been re purposed for NV is now abandoned (quite a few was forced to stay active because the power for the Zayo access point was fed from the shelter but all those have now been switched over to the Sprint PPCs). The bad side is that ever since then the site has been acting up badly (weak signal, connected EvDO but no internet access, even ROAMING AT 52nd and WALNUT) and its not just Sprint as both Clearwire and MetroPCS has data coming from the Zayo AP and they have been having intermittent issues.  

What is Zayo?  Haven't seen that term before..

Awesome!! Where's that at?
Andorra I've benched 17Mbps so far but I noticed even with 2-3 bars it randomly drops connection and goes back to 3G and then the 3G connection kinda goes wonky and I have to toggle airplane to get anything to load. But progress is progress I guess, not seeing LTE inside the bar however just outside.

I'm in the western Philly burbs and lately my data is constantly stalling out. The little green arrow lights intermittently, but that's it. Have to power cycle the phone to get it going again. Toggling data or airplane does nothing. Happens on 3g and 4g.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anyones 3g go out in allentown my phone won't get off of 1x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

...LTE must be coming! ;-)

I hope it comes soon.  I was on vacation in West Virginia in the Shentel market and there is glorious 4G in little towns in the mountains in the middle of nowhere.  It was great!

I know they updated my tower 2 weeks ago and I had great 3g speeds and about an hour ago my 3g went out I did everything even called sprint but they don't even have a clue of what I'm talkin about and that was tech support lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hope that is a good sign for you, meanwhile I can't wait for LTE to expand in more areas I travel locally, it's still very spotty for me, granted the 3G speeds in most areas are over 2Mbps but some areas I get sub 1Mbps. But things always seem to be getting better, I was able to stream pandora in hq the other night at a party and used over 500mb and I never seen it buffer, on 3G so much improved.

Edited by BlueAngel

Ask and you shall receive I guess, Sprint seems to have upgraded another tower around me where I spend most of my time cause I work very close to the tower but considering I turn LTE off when at work to conserve battery life because it's pointless to leave it on when there is no signal from that tower. So anyway I get home from work and have to run out for a few minutes and what do I see popup right where I work a nice strong LTE signal with the speeds to match, granted the ping times are unusually high at around 80-100ms we're talking 15-25Mbps granted I live in a very hilly area and have a lot of trees and woods so signal gets lost quickly. Now I just need a stringer signal by my house. :)

Edited by BlueAngel

Ask and you shall receive I guess, Sprint seems to have upgraded another tower around me where I spend most of my time cause I work very close to the tower but considering I turn LTE off when at work to conserve battery life because it's pointless to leave it on when there is no signal from that tower. So anyway I get home from work and have to run out for a few minutes and what do I see popup right where I work a nice strong LTE signal with the speeds to match, granted the ping times are unusually high at around 80-100ms we're talking 15-25Mbps granted I live in a very hilly area and have a lot of trees and woods so signal gets lost quickly. Now I just need a stringer signal by my house. :)

And may I ask where that is?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2