LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

A 5x5 LTE connection maxes out at 37Mbps. So there had to be a server error in your speedtest.

Robert

I figured and didn't believe it. It was still fun to look at. It was running in the 30s and then at the very end jumped up to 40.

• Like 1

A 5x5 LTE connection maxes out at 37Mbps. So there had to be a server error in your speedtest.

Robert

Robert, I am not able to see the differences here, but it seems that all the reports from texas have much higher rates than the ones in kansas or ATL... is there a reason for this, I know you have mentioned that it is very signal dependent, so maybe because texas is more flat and the other 2 areas have more hills? I am just trying to think of what deployment will be like once it hits pittsburgh...

Robert, I am not able to see the differences here, but it seems that all the reports from texas have much higher rates than the ones in kansas or ATL... is there a reason for this, I know you have mentioned that it is very signal dependent, so maybe because texas is more flat and the other 2 areas have more hills? I am just trying to think of what deployment will be like once it hits pittsburgh...

There is going to be a lot of variability at first. Sprint has had to rush to get things on this weekend. I think some of the speed differences could be backhaul issues. I think Sprint will be running down throughput issues with their backhaul vendors over the next few weeks. I too seem to be seeing market availabilities. We know it is not the LTE airlink that is causing any less than ideal speeds. I think it's going to take a little working out.

However, some of our fastest reported speeds have been around ATL. It's seems to be the Kansas market where I'm seeing 15Mbps max speeds, even with full signals.

Robert

Who knows what it could be, but remember when they turned on the tower up the road from my house a little over a month ago I was hitting over 30meg down for the most part all day long. Personally though, I don't think sprint will leave the pipes wide open as far as download speeds goes.

I'm still not able to use LTE when it pops up in my area. Been in the places on the southwest side of the KC metro that have been showing LTE, but still can only connect for about 30 seconds be it drops me off again, and when it is connected, no data moves through the signal. I hope this changes tomorrow when they officially launch.

Who knows what it could be, but remember when they turned on the tower up the road from my house a little over a month ago I was hitting over 30meg down for the most part all day long. Personally though, I don't think sprint will leave the pipes wide open as far as download speeds goes.

They may leave it alone for a minute....at least all of next week. High data speeds make for favorable news articles, hooking new subscribers, PR, and I dont see how it could hurt stocks.

• Like 1

I'm still not able to use LTE when it pops up in my area. Been in the places on the southwest side of the KC metro that have been showing LTE, but still can only connect for about 30 seconds be it drops me off again, and when it is connected, no data moves through the signal. I hope this changes tomorrow when they officially launch.

By chance, have you downloaded the latest ota?

The one that went out Wednesday? Yes. Unless there was another one.

Yes, thats the one. Just wondering.

prl 25005

Same PRL that I'm showing.

Please keep in mind that your prl has nothing to do with connecting to 4g lte. PRL stands for preferred roaming list, which does not apply here.

Please keep in mind that your prl has nothing to do with connecting to 4g lte. PRL stands for preferred roaming list, which does not apply here.

Oh, well that makes sense. Although updating it last night seemed to fix the problem I was having with 3G, it had kicked me back to EVDO and my speeds were abysmal. Updated that and all the sudden the signal was eHRPD again, and faster speeds. Perhaps just a coincidence.

There is going to be a lot of variability at first. Sprint has had to rush to get things on this weekend. I think some of the speed differences could be backhaul issues. I think Sprint will be running down throughput issues with their backhaul vendors over the next few weeks. I too seem to be seeing market availabilities. We know it is not the LTE airlink that is causing any less than ideal speeds. I think it's going to take a little working out.

However, some of our fastest reported speeds have been around ATL. It's seems to be the Kansas market where I'm seeing 15Mbps max speeds, even with full signals.

Robert

Quoted you to get your attention, anyway been streaming youtube on both my gnex and evo for the last hour and I haven't gotten any disconnects at all on the evo so far even though other people have been complaining about random disconnects. At this point I guess its damn near impossible to tell if it would be the phone or the network. I will continue testing to see if either disconnects.

• Like 1