LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

I'm glad to see LTE live in parts of Atlanta now. Hurry up Sprint, lol. Finish NV so I can have a taste of the power of LTE. Hopefully the next time I'm in LA there will be more active LTE sites now!

DFW. All up and down Davis Blvd and up and down N Tarrant Pkwy. 4G!!

I'll be out and about today. Will post more.

I'm seeing a few sites from the map that are not live yet.

• Like 2

What about the profile?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Update profile basically refreshes your device's info on sprints servers.

Who knows what it could be, but remember when they turned on the tower up the road from my house a little over a month ago I was hitting over 30meg down for the most part all day long. Personally though, I don't think sprint will leave the pipes wide open as far as download speeds goes.

They may leave it alone for a minute....at least all of next week. High data speeds make for favorable news articles, hooking new subscribers, PR, and I dont see how it could hurt stocks.

I have to agree with 'themuffinman' on this one, as much as the high speeds would bring some positive PR for sprint, as soon as they drop from that high, people will say that the network is over burdened and write it off. Robert is correct that it is probably backhaul/signal/equipment that all need to be optimized, and the system needs to be running to test these things. So, while capping downloads at 10-15Mb/s will make us hardcore tech people upset, the general populations will just see it as a consistent service (which will be great for almost any user) and they will probably be happier than allowing some to reach higher speeds and then see a slowdown...

Also remember that we know that there are less than 50% of towers are even active right now, so as more people switch to an LTE phone, there will be more towers for them to connect to and therefore shouldn't overcrowd the network for a while. But unless sprint is willing to take the risk of bad PR in the near future, they might opt to lower expectations and be able to over deliver on them.

No permanent 4G just yet but I did notice during a call I still had a 3G connection and was able to surf. That was always a no no.

The GSIII supports SVDO so you will always have 3G when you are on a call when you are in a 3G service area.

• Like 1

The Viper, the EVO LTE and the GSIII all support it. Can't remember if the GNex does or not.

The gnex doesn't support 3g and voice at the same time.

Screenshot_2012_07_14_19_04_13.png

Got some more from Houston. Most of these were taken while driving 45 MPH. Pings are a little slow because I was using the Austin server which usually gives me the best results.

Screenshot_2012_07_14_19_04_13.png

Got some more from Houston. Most of these were taken while driving 45 MPH. Pings are a little slow because I was using the Austin server which usually gives me the best results.

Good thing you aren't on Verizon, your data allotment would be used up after all those speed tests. LOL

• Like 8