LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

Still nothing for me either....epic fail sprint.....

How is it an "epic fail" when 1) Sprint has not officially launched the Houston market and 2) the failure could be your handset not picking up live LTE?

As a word of advice, keep the dramatic antics to a minimum. Negative criticism is welcome, but it needs to be constructive.

AJ

• Like 3

Still nothing for me either....epic fail sprint.....

There are way to many variables as to why you aren't getting an lte signal. Even though sprint is flipping the switch, the majority of sites are still in the process of being complete. First round markets won't be fully complete until the end of the year.

There are way to many variables as to why you aren't getting an lte signal. Even though sprint is flipping the switch, the majority of sites are still in the process of being complete. First round markets won't be fully complete until the end of the year.

True, true

Its very frustrating is all.....sorry guys, bad day here, not trying to be an ass...

I know it can be frustrating but guess what, you can come here and get just about any answer you want and get up to date information. Just imagine if this site wasn't available and you had to call sprint to get answers, now imagine how frustrated you would have been then?

• Like 1

I know it can be frustrating but guess what, you can come here and get just about any answer you want and get up to date information. Just imagine if this site wasn't available and you had to call sprint to get answers, now imagine how frustrated you would have been then?

Thanks bro, and your right...I'll give it a coupe days and see what happens.

• Like 1

I think Sprint did not say clearly that they are launching in those market, but it did not say how many % completed in those city.

Sprint should also warn customers that if you cant get LTE speed, it will be 3G and not 4G on this type of device.

Thanks bro, and your right...I'll give it a coupe days and see what happens.

I think the target percent complete for the LTE launch is 40%, so it will take some time before an entire city is complete. The NV\LTE running list thread has some information on percent complete. I'm not sure how recently it was updated though.

Just drove through Alvin, TX with great 4G signal until I reached Bypass 35@FM528, and I dropped to 3G as I headed to Friendswood. At the Friendswood city limit, I lost service altogether and started roaming until I got about half a mile from FM528@FM518 where I re-aquired 4G. Once I turned down FM518 I dropped to 3G at the Friendswood/League City line. I maintained 3G all the way down FM518, then down I-45 south to FM646 all through the Victory Lakes area. I then drove down FM517 back to alvin and stayed 3G until I hit Bypass 35 where I reaquired 4G. I was cycling to Airplane mode and back along the way when it was safe to do so to make sure the 4G aquisition attempt was being made. It seems interesting to me that they chose to complete an area such as Alvin with 25k people vs. an area like League City which resides along an interstate corridor and has a population of 80-100k. Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased that I have 4G, just curious of Sprint's strategy.

Just drove through Alvin, TX with great 4G signal until I reached Bypass 35@FM528, and I dropped to 3G as I headed to Friendswood. At the Friendswood city limit, I lost service altogether and started roaming until I got about half a mile from FM528@FM518 where I re-aquired 4G. Once I turned down FM518 I dropped to 3G at the Friendswood/League City line. I maintained 3G all the way down FM518, then down I-45 south to FM646 all through the Victory Lakes area. I then drove down FM517 back to alvin and stayed 3G until I hit Bypass 35 where I reaquired 4G. I was cycling to Airplane mode and back along the way when it was safe to do so to make sure the 4G aquisition attempt was being made. It seems interesting to me that they chose to complete an area such as Alvin with 25k people vs. an area like League City which resides along an interstate corridor and has a population of 80-100k. Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased that I have 4G, just curious of Sprint's strategy.

When you pass by Manvel, you see any LTE?

I didn't get any in Waco which was odd got signal in Plano

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Their strategy probably has more to do with how they can complete zoning and permits, as well as where is easiest to get backhaul to first. They didn't really look at the populations and try to cover the denser areas first because they are planning to cover every tower. If they could get the fiber connected to the 4G core easier from that area first, that is the towers they completed first. Remember that they were under time pressure to have the first few markets covered by 'mid-year' and so they probably launched the ones they could complete fastest.

Thats just my guess.

Their strategy probably has more to do with how they can complete zoning and permits, as well as where is easiest to get backhaul to first.

I doubt that zoning and permits have much to do with this, since the NV sites in almost all cases are using the legacy towers.

I doubt that zoning and permits have much to do with this, since the NV sites in almost all cases are using the legacy towers.

You still need to pull a permit to do any work on the site. Some jurisdictions are needlessly difficult to navigate, which, in my opinion, is there way of having contractors make mistakes in the permitting process or start work ahead of getting the proper permit so they can collect fees. There was a simpsons episode once where they were making a movie in Springfield and all the townspeople were raising the costs on everything so they could make money off all the "rich Hollywood folk." That is how the City Hall seems to run in some podunk towns.

P.S. I used to work for a construction management company, so I am not just pulling these opinions out of my butt. The city I live in is very easy to pull permits and get inspections. I am a resident though, and the city doesn't expect me to be able or willing to pay penalties without a big fight.

Well, still nothing in Houston....dangit lol. Called sprint, the rep didn't even know Houston was an active market lmao

Wow...that's odd....you sure you have everything configured correctly on the phone?

Wow...that's odd....you sure you have everything configured correctly on the phone?

I'm pretty sure...sprint did a data refresh and it connected and dropped again.....sprint reps are no help. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure...sprint did a data refresh and it connected and dropped again.....sprint reps are no help. Any suggestions?

Patients, its only been one day and things won't be perfect right off the bat. Also please remember that coverage is not 100% at this time, the signal is probably dropping because you might be just out of range of that particular tower.

• Like 3

Patients, its only been one day and things won't be perfect right off the bat. Also please remember that coverage is not 100% at this time, the signal is probably dropping because you might be just out of range of that particular tower.

I'm trying...I really am....

What did it switch from?

I'm not sure, as I just began to use Netmonitor and that was the first reading I got. The tower readings seem to show EvDo rev.A (Sprint) when they're not showing eHRPD, if that helps.