LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

Is it just me or does the second screenshot say GSM?

Some consider LTE a GSM technology.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Glad I wasn't the only one :)

I surely don't wanna be the s4gru liar' date=' haha[/quote']

I have been called that before. The S4GRU liar. :P

Screenshot_2012_07_14_19_04_13.png

Got some more from Houston. Most of these were taken while driving 45 MPH. Pings are a little slow because I was using the Austin server which usually gives me the best results.

Wow great speeds over and over. Did you have great signal during them??

I'm not getting the LTE signal at my house, but I was able to get one in downtown Fort Worth and close to Harris Hospital. This test speed was right behind the Trimble Tech HS baseball field.

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

For everyone who is starting to connect to the LTE, are you having a lot of dropbacks to 3G? I will notice it will lock the 4G but in about 2-3 minutes it drops back to 3G. I am using a Galaxy Nexus LTE and just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing similar. I am hopeful that this is just a matter of tower tuning and not an issue with this phone.

I was getting LTE signal intermittently last night. It would stay one a few minutes and then drop back to 3g.

This speed test was from inside my office on the Eastern edge of Downtown Fort Worth.

2012-07-14_01-30-42-2.jpg

hey Mr Rob...

how do i get access to your sponsor coverage maps?

I upgraded your account instantly. You can just now click on any Sponsor forum in the S4GRU Club section on the Forums page. The maps are located there.

Some people have to sign out and back in after getting upgraded depending on your browser and its settings.

Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

I know this is off topic' date=' but I did try to become a sponsor, but I guess something was wrong with the system. If I remember correctly it is PayPal, right?[/quote']

Sponsorship is never off topic. ;)

Did you click our PayPal sponsor link at the upper right hand corner of The Forums page?

Sponsorship is never off topic. ;)

Did you click our PayPal sponsor link at the upper right hand corner of The Forums page?

Yeah, I did. I think it's just my card.

Out of curiosity is it possible to force a phone to scan and connect to a 4G signal only?

I access the ##3283# menu on my EVO 4G LTE and see a few options like "LTE ONLY" or "CDMA LTE only".

Possible?

Edit:Just became a sponsor! Thanks for all you do. Great group of people here!

• Like 1

LTE Is based on GSM therefore it is a GSM technology.

Read up: http://en.wikipedia....ecommunication)

No, LTE really has very little in common with GSM, even less so than W-CDMA has in common with GSM. W-CDMA and LTE are just the airlink technologies to which most/all GSM carriers have decided to evolve, but that does not mean that LTE is GSM. Similarly, other carriers, such as Sprint, also may evolve to LTE. But that does not make them GSM carriers.

AJ

• Like 1

No' date=' LTE really has very little in common with GSM, even less so than W-CDMA has in common with GSM. W-CDMA and LTE are just the airlink technologies to which most/all GSM carriers have decided to evolve, but that does not mean that LTE is GSM. Similarly, other carriers, such as Sprint, also may evolve to LTE. But that does not make them GSM carriers.

AJ[/quote']

That's why I was careful to say 'some consider.' I know how you feel about LTE/GSM. :)

No, LTE really has very little in common with GSM, even less so than W-CDMA has in common with GSM. W-CDMA and LTE are just the airlink technologies to which most/all GSM carriers have decided to evolve, but that does not mean that LTE is GSM. Similarly, other carriers, such as Sprint, also may evolve to LTE. But that does not make them GSM carriers.

AJ

LTE isn't GSM. It is developed by the same group so it's bound to have similarities. I guess it would be more proper to say it's a 3GPP Technology.

So I keep hearing everyone say they are getting 4G Lte.

my question is I live near the Willowbrook/FM1960 area in Houston Texas are there any towers around me 4G LTE compatible as I am not getting anything and barely ever get 3G internet and when I do it's 50kbps or less upload and download is this normal at 5 bars? I been lurking as a guest since May when I bought the phone only had courage to register and ask now.

also explaining the above about the tower having 5 bars and then no bars sometimes at 50kbps or less(even outside) i live 2 blocks from the nearest tower so at 5 bars i am guessing that is it. is there any chance this tower is defective or something?

Thank you S4GRU Admins/Mods/Users ^^

So now that LTE is live, lets see if all those websites that dinged the EVO4GLTE for not having LTE go back and revise their reviews!

I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

LTE isnt live for me. Still on 3G. I would turn the phone on and it would say 4G for a couple seconds and then go straight to 3G. Tried toggling CDMA/LTE...no dice. Tried toggling airplane mode...no dice. I live less than a mile from where I pulled 29 megs down. Maybe they are still rolling it out...anyone else still on 3G?

LTE isnt live for me. Still on 3G. I would turn the phone on and it would say 4G for a couple seconds and then go straight to 3G. Tried toggling CDMA/LTE...no dice. Tried toggling airplane mode...no dice. I live less than a mile from where I pulled 29 megs down. Maybe they are still rolling it out...anyone else still on 3G?

No lte for me either in San Antonio. Coverage map shows my neighborhood covered but I'm not getting anything.

No lte for me either in San Antonio. Coverage map shows my neighborhood covered but I'm not getting anything.

That map does not reflect the true LTE footprint in San Antonio at this time. I do believe that is what it will be when NV is complete. There is Lte In San Antonio. I have picked it up in many areas of the city and it is blazing fast.

That map does not reflect the true LTE footprint in San Antonio at this time. I do believe that is what it will be when NV is complete. There is Lte In San Antonio. I have picked it up in many areas of the city and it is blazing fast.

I wondered if that was the case. I've only picked it up in one place early this morning while at work near San Pedro and Basse and Friday at the quarry by 281 and Jones Maltsburger.