LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

Thanks for the info Robert and I certainly didn't mean to come off that Sprint LTE was going to quickly fill up and become unusable. I was just curious how relevant these speeds posted now are to the fact that it is a pretty empty network. It sounds like that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Let me ask my question in another way and I'm just curious to hear your thoughts. Do you think the speeds people receive in 2-3 years from LTE after the network is more developed and more crowded would be similar (or better) than what they are going to receive now? I realize that there will be optimization along the way but also the network will get more crowded.

Just so you know' date=' I'm one of those in the opinion of if you can get a steady 5mbps up and down you really don't need anything more.[/quote']

Max speeds and areas of low population density will be faster as more spectrum is refarmed for LTE and LTE advanced is rolled out, but I am confident that Sprint will continue to quote the same average speeds that they currently quote.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Max speeds and areas of low population density will be faster as more spectrum is refarmed for LTE and LTE advanced is rolled out,...

One thing I have never quite understood about the first phase of the Network Vision project is this: Since there will be both LTE base stations and EVDO/eHRPD base stations on the same towers using the 1900 band, will they be able to share the same frequency channels, or does the LTE expansion actually need different spectrum within that band than the legacy EVDO base stations use today?

Nothing here in Atlanta market yet. I tried after rebooting and with wi-fi on and off. Just 3G.

I still have not found any LTE in ATL.

Do not get any LTE phone until you have it on your city. You are better orf with 4G than 3G speed.

different spectrum for CDMA 1xA and EVDO. Sprint still has been using in most (all?) areas the G block of PCS (from FCC compensation to Nextel) to deploy LTE 5x5 while using their older more established PCS spectrum for 1xA and EVDO

• Like 1

still getting LTE and signal/speeds seems to be better than just a couple of hours ago...

(Houston, TX - SW side near West Oaks Mall)

302b5hg.jpg

5xq62q.jpg

2nm3ouc.jpg

FWIW, don't take Netmonitor's site map too literally. The screenshot above shows you connected to an LTE sector base station, BSID 833 (00833 on the map). But that mapped location, derived from the base station's broadcast coordinates, is not the actual tower site. (Tower site maps are available to sponsors.)

This seems to be another example of tower base stations that squawk coordinates offset from the tower location. So now we know that this phenomenon persists after the NV rollout. Some sites broadcast actual tower coordinates for all sectors; but others will broadcast offset coordinates, typically in a triad pattern around the tower.

I still have not found any LTE in ATL.

Do not get any LTE phone until you have it on your city. You are better orf with 4G than 3G speed.

I'd take a HTC EVO LTE or GS3 any day, even without the LTE network. The phones work fine without it.

• Like 1

I'd take a HTC EVO LTE or GS3 any day, even without the LTE network. The phones work fine without it.

I cant even do Skype right now on the 3G speed. Yah I can do Wifi but I am not at home.

My webpage keep hanging. My IM+ keep crashing and lost my chat each time my 3G got lost. I am getting constant disconnect on 3G.

Why is 3G performing so poorly?

I cant even do Skype right now on the 3G speed. Yah I can do Wifi but I am not at home.

My webpage keep hanging. My IM+ keep crashing and lost my chat each time my 3G got lost. I am getting constant disconnect on 3G.

Why is 3G performing so poorly?

I wouldn't try Skype on an enhanced 3G, just not a good experience. That being said, sounds like you're in a coverage hole?

4G LTE is live in Houston in the midst of the torrential downpour. Here's a screenshot

I'm in Houston as well and have not had an LTE connection yet, if it is live now.I keep losing 3g every few min or so, don't know if its trying to connect to it.

LTE is alive in Alvin,TX at Krogers grocery store. For anyone out of the area, Alvin is 30 miles south of Houston and about 30 miles north of Galveston. I was seeing a peak of 13 meg down.

Edited by jwilds

LTE is alive in Alvin,TX at Krogers grocery store. For anyone out of the area, Alvin is 30 miles south of Houston and about 30 miles north of Galveston. I was seeing a peak of 13 meg down.

I been there. Is it near the interstate?

My parent live in Manvel, west of it.

LTE is alive in Alvin,TX at Krogers grocery store.

Is it on sale? I try to stock up on LTE when it is $.79/lb.

AJ

• Like 8

I wouldn't try Skype on an enhanced 3G, just not a good experience. That being said, sounds like you're in a coverage hole?

I wouldn't say that. I've used Skype plenty on EvDO (Verizon and Sprint) and it works just fine. Though Viber seems to be easier on a phone's CPU so I'll tend to use that instead when the other party has it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that. I've used Skype plenty on EvDO (Verizon and Sprint) and it works just fine. Though Viber seems to be easier on a phone's CPU so I'll tend to use that instead when the other party has it.

Hmm really? I've always had a so-so experience on 3G, and prefer WIFI or 4G where available.

Sprint must be continuing to work on the network, This morning, when I toggled my airplane mode, I connected LTE to the two nearest towers, but it quickly went to eHRPD and have not been able to connect LTE since. This was at 151st and Nall in OP.

I've been seeing this too. All day yesterday and when I tried this morning, I'll get LTE for about 20 or 30 seconds then it'll drop back to 3G. And when I'm connected, its next to unusable, can't even run speed tests. Get a network communication error, on different servers and speed test apps.

Also, I've noticed 3G speeds all over the area took a dive yesterday. Couldn't even get over 100kbps all of yesterday. could barely use my nice shiny EVO LTE. Very frustrating. They've come back a bit today, but nowhere near what I've been uses to for the last couple years.

Can you check your LTE signal strength? You will need to go into Settings > About Device > Status to be certain you are getting the signal strength for LTE. If you try an app' date=' they will likely give you the 1x strength.

Robert[/quote']

Still on 3G here in Dallas

post-2889-0-23581000-1342202205_thumb.png