Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

I just went over all the permits in bradenton, Sarasota and Englewood last week. All south Bradenton has open permits on all the towers. The contractor is not doing a good job though. They keep doing work on some stuff with out the proper permits. This in turn puts a hold on work and fines the contractor. Permits in Bradenton are over $400 and if they do work there not permitted for they charge them double each time.

Sarasota has permits on very few towers open. They started like a ball of fire then just quit. For the remaining towers there is nothing permitted that I can find.

The 90 days they are saying for south bradenton is a long shot when there is not even a permit open. There applied for but not approved.The tower behind my work is going to have the permit expire before they start.

Now for Englewood it is a different story. All towers have active permits and work is being done on all but one tower by wal mart. There is a tower close to san casa with active lte.

I think that the contractor has pissed off the county in south bradenton. His permits are a mess with fines and holds on them.

Anyway my opinion for south bradenton is close to the end of the year. At least at the rate there going now. I hope that I am wrong though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well all i know is they must have the same crew as the 1 who was on 4G lol this was the same way they trated 4g a few years ago. They worked out east and south but getting into south bradenton just never happened. Sprint should be on these guys because telling customers stories so they renew there contract is not right. I know a few people who have just set there phones on Forced roaming where all they do is roam just so they get the letter from sprint about roaming too much and sprint terminates there contract. That is how bad it has become here lol. That way they do not have to pay a ETF. I would never do that i would just call them up and tell them enough is ehough lol. Anyway i do hope they would check and see what they are doing in this area.

Well all i know is they must have the same crew as the 1 who was on 4G lol this was the same way they trated 4g a few years ago. They worked out east and south but getting into south bradenton just never happened. Sprint should be on these guys because telling customers stories so they renew there contract is not right. I know a few people who have just set there phones on Forced roaming where all they do is roam just so they get the letter from sprint about roaming too much and sprint terminates there contract. That is how bad it has become here lol. That way they do not have to pay a ETF. I would never do that i would just call them up and tell them enough is ehough lol. Anyway i do hope they would check and see what they are doing in this area.

Wimax is live and well in south Bradenton. Anyway I not here to complain about anything. I know sprint is working hard to get this done. Bradenton and Englewood have the same contractor working on Sprint and verizon. Maybe they are over loaded with work.

Some Contractors are really good, some not so good. The Contractor there is probably hit harder by wireless installer shortages. That's my guess.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Some Contractors are really good, some not so good. The Contractor there is probably hit harder by wireless installer shortages. That's my guess.

Well that could be the case. Some of these permits have been opened and issued in January and February. They have no work going on. The holds were released a few days ago on the tower on 21st in Bradenton. When I look at the permits they have the same main contractor, but subs are all different. So I take it there is only a few crews to work in this area.

The tower behind us at work is 1000ft from us. It becomes so saturated by 10am direct connect does not work. That is why sprint put in that ubee thing in our building. Without it we have no service.

All in all though service is improving around Bradenton. If they would get two more towers done in south Bradenton things would improve big time.

Any one in cape experiencing no service? I'm getting network not responding.

Where in the Cape are you having service problems? Is this problem voice and data, or just one of them?

Where in the Cape are you having service problems? Is this problem voice and data, or just one of them?

Its back now. It was data and voice. Was very strange. I'm near Santa Barbara and Trafalgar

I live at CC PKWY/Skyline and have no issues at all and havent had any at all EXCEPT for some LTE being very slow for a few minutes here and there and then completely losing it where I always have it but until official launch that is expected but hasnt happened for more than 4-5 minutes at a time. I have consistent LTE ALL over this side of town. From Sands all tge way down to Del Prado.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well i am sitting in my house in South Bradenton off 26th St and like 62nd ave and i have full bars of 4G i did reboot my phone to make sure and stuff is flying. Not sure if they are fully turned on for good or testing but it is fast and as said full bars in my house.

Not sure what tower i am pulling this from cause we have not seen work on the Fla Blvd tower and the one By BHS is too far away for me to pull full bars of 4g Lte

Well i am sitting in my house in South Bradenton off 26th St and like 62nd ave and i have full bars of 4G i did reboot my phone to make sure and stuff is flying. Not sure if they are fully turned on for good or testing but it is fast and as said full bars in my house.

Not sure what tower i am pulling this from cause we have not seen work on the Fla Blvd tower and the one By BHS is too far away for me to pull full bars of 4g Lte

Speedtest from your house while on lte? Bars and lte signal strength are not related. I get lte at work but that tower is a long ways away. I get "full bars" too, but that is because I am connected to the tower behind me for 1x.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Site on 21st east in south Bradenton has crews working today. There switching everything out. That is the site with the messed up permits that were on hold for three months. All holds released.

Well i have been doing speed tests and i wonder if they are done with the tower on 34th and 57th near MCC i get speeds all over the place here at my house. But i know it is a lot better than before. I can get better speed now than wifi in my house. And yes i have full bars cause of my Airwave. I did call sprint and ask them if the Airwave supports lte and they said yes but this is why i have full bars. Glad to have it hope it gets faster.

I did call sprint and ask them if the Airwave supports lte and they said yes but this is why i have full bars. Glad to have it hope it gets faster.

Sprint misinformed you. The airave 2.5 does not support LTE.

Sprint misinformed you. The airave 2.5 does not support LTE.

Then how am i sitting in front of the new 1 i got not long ago and sitting in front of it and getting super fast speed it shows 4g when it never showed 4g till this week and again i am pulling speeds. I even did sensory with it and speed tested so you tell me????

I called sprint again and yes they claim it does not support lte but i unplugged my airwave and i still have 3 bars of 4g and my spped is even slower in data so you tell me lol.

Then how am i sitting in front of the new 1 i got not long ago and sitting in front of it and getting super fast speed it shows 4g when it never showed 4g till this week and again i am pulling speeds. I even did sensory with it and speed tested so you tell me????

I called sprint again and yes they claim it does not support lte but i unplugged my airwave and i still have 3 bars of 4g and my spped is even slower in data so you tell me lol.

Without getting into alot here all i can tell you is the airave does not help your LTE speeds. You are a sponsor. Look at the tower that has LTE closet to you. Download Signal check app and you will find that you are connected to the airave and the live LTE tower. Bars have nothing to do with LTE signal.

A.J. or Robert help me out here. You know more of how this works than I do.

Well yeah i am not worried about bars but the fact that i turn my Airwave off and get the same speed for now is fine with me. Also i do not think they are done with that site yet but we shall see

just judging from coverage where there was none before, looks like two new towers have been fired up; in Sarasota by the Bee Ridge I-75 exit, and in Bradenton the tower on the west side of SCF campus.

If you turn off your Airave and still get LTE, obviously your Airave was not the source of your LTE.

• Like 1

just judging from coverage where there was none before, looks like two new towers have been fired up; in Sarasota by the Bee Ridge I-75 exit, and in Bradenton the tower on the west side of SCF campus.

You getting good lte by beeridge an 75? I went by there at 5am and it was not live.

There still over here working on the tower on 21st. Lost wimax on Wednesday. I don't know what that has to do with NV. They have all the panels sitting out there for the tower. Why would wimax go down though. Thought it was separate.

• Like 1

You getting good lte by beeridge an 75? I went by there at 5am and it was not live.

I live on bee ridge and 75. The coverage has always been good. Almost 2 down on 3g at anytime

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Still waiting for them to do some work on the FL Blvd 14th street tower here in Bradenton. I just had my internet upped to 60mb so really in my house i do not need lte anymore but it is nice to go outside and get good speed. I hope they keep it up around here.

There still over here working on the tower on 21st. Lost wimax on Wednesday. I don't know what that has to do with NV. They have all the panels sitting out there for the tower. Why would wimax go down though. Thought it was separate.

if I'm not mistaken WiMAX sites are being decommissioned as they are upgraded to LTE which is probably why you lost WiMAX. where exactly is this tower?

if I'm not mistaken WiMAX sites are being decommissioned as they are upgraded to LTE which is probably why you lost WiMAX. where exactly is this tower?

WiMax is not being decommissioned until 2015. It is not impacted by Network Vision and LTE deployment.