Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

went to map the mysterious cape coral bridge blip. pulled into the parking lot at the foot of the bridge on the cc side, shuffled airplane mode and got lte signal. did a quick speed test. only like 5 down 2 up so pretty weak signal. took a right out of the parking lot and lost the signal. guess it must be coming from the other side of the bridge. didn't want to spend the 2 bucks to get back to map the bridge because i am a cheapskate lol

Just a signal from the SC/Gladiolus tower that is live. Slow speeds are expected. I work at the Pizza Hut on Del Prado and am always looking out for signal around the city. I am also constantly over at that part of the bridge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The CC signal is most likely coming from the site out toward FMB. There have been no new sites accepted in the area yet. Unless it is phantom testing.

The signal strengths coming from the CC side show it is definitely distant.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see that a little spot showed up on sensory in Estero.

that was probably me. I was in Estero at pelican landing on the 4th floor of a condo when I noticed my 4g light up. I ran sensory and ran couple speed test. Speeds were terrible and bounced up and down during the test

Went by that tower that I saw a crew working on yesterday, and didn't see anybody today. It was a bit windy today, so maybe that might be the reason there was no work being done today. I'll go by there on Monday with my camera and see if I can tell who on that tower is getting an upgrade.

Driving through Tampa and parts of the Florida west coast... Got some amazing LTE speeds around Zephyrhills and tampa areas. upwards of 30+mbps down and over 11mbps up... Got to my home of Cape Coral in the NW area off of Burnt Store.. and it's still service as usual. 0.30 down and 0.1 up... and at my house i can not receivce or make many calls with success without going outside. hopefully something positive is happening soon with the services here. i know i live a litte out there.. but i was in some farm country yesterday with sick lte speeds... keeping up the hope. lol

Driving through Tampa and parts of the Florida west coast... Got some amazing LTE speeds around Zephyrhills and tampa areas. upwards of 30+mbps down and over 11mbps up... Got to my home of Cape Coral in the NW area off of Burnt Store.. and it's still service as usual. 0.30 down and 0.1 up... and at my house i can not receivce or make many calls with success without going outside. hopefully something positive is happening soon with the services here. i know i live a litte out there.. but i was in some farm country yesterday with sick lte speeds... keeping up the hope. lol

agreed. data in cape coral is unusable. they need to turn on lte asap

Confirmed. Good job!

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

yes it is.

Excellent! Live just off Plantation, pretty much in between that tower and the one off of Daniels. Looking forward to mapping them when they go live. It has been a long time coming! Thanks for the photos!

what is seriously the delay in Sarasota/Bradenton?! Since October, when I came back to Sprint, I keep hearing "soon, soon" but soon never comes.

I'm not here to whine or complain, it's just frustrating at this point to see that Tampa is either about to launch, or already has, work is underway with several live sites down in Ft. Myers, including sites out in the middle of NOWHERE like Alva and LaBelle. It's really seems like almost every other city in the SW Florida market EXCEPT Sarasota/Bradenton is well underway and Sarasota is this big void in the middle of my market that for some reason is being neglected.

I'd be content to at the very least see some crews doing some work in my city, but here we are now, 4 days into March and still nothing.

:(

Hey everyone I got a blip (single bar) of LTE in downtown Fort Myers directly in front of the federal courthouse. It quickly switched back to 3G however I was definitely getting LTE for a hot second. I believe this is much too far from the tower at Gladioulus to be getting a stray signal so there must be another tower live somewhere in downtown Fort Myers.

what is seriously the delay in Sarasota/Bradenton?! Since October, when I came back to Sprint, I keep hearing "soon, soon" but soon never comes.

I'm not here to whine or complain, it's just frustrating at this point to see that Tampa is either about to launch, or already has, work is underway with several live sites down in Ft. Myers, including sites out in the middle of NOWHERE like Alva and LaBelle. It's really seems like almost every other city in the SW Florida market EXCEPT Sarasota/Bradenton is well underway and Sarasota is this big void in the middle of my market that for some reason is being neglected.

I'd be content to at the very least see some crews doing some work in my city, but here we are now, 4 days into March and still nothing.

:(

There is no plan to delay the Sarasota/Bradenton area. They work on each site when it is ready. They are working in the entire SW Florida market as each site is ready. They are not picking and choosing sites. It is what it is. And you will have it before more than 50% of Sprint customers. Including me.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I'd like to believe that backhaul has started. There's been plenty of people complaining about a Mexican guy answering the phone whenever they place a call.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to believe that backhaul has started. There's been plenty of people complaining about a Mexican guy answering the phone whenever they place a call.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

?