Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Currently on T-Mobile, after a few weeks, I'm learning of some dead zones (mainly inside buildings), where Sprint still has a signal.  Honestly thinking about porting my number back to Sprint before my 45 days are up.  T-Mobile is vastly faster everywhere outside, but I spend most of my days inside, where Sprint shines (albeit mainly 3G connections).  I believe most of my issues on Sprint stemmed from my old HTC One M8 and now that I have a Nexus 5x, I bet my coverage/performance woes for the most part would be remedied. 

I honestly believe I value reliability (being able to text/call) over having 20-100mbps speeds in most areas.  Not sure, though.  The other thought I have is that my T-Mobile line will lose its discount if I ever left my employer, whereas my old Sprint line was grandfathered into the ED1500, which is still a hell of a deal, even without device subsidy.  Decisions...decisions...

One more thing I'd like to add is how bad T-Mobile's ability to use MMS is.  Maybe it's my area, but I'm often receiving/sending either too many pictures, group messages, or they send/receive over 30 hours later!  I never had that issue on Sprint!

• Like 1

Currently on T-Mobile, after a few weeks, I'm learning of some dead zones (mainly inside buildings), where Sprint still has a signal.  Honestly thinking about porting my number back to Sprint before my 45 days are up.  T-Mobile is vastly faster everywhere outside, but I spend most of my days inside, where Sprint shines (albeit mainly 3G connections).  I believe most of my issues on Sprint stemmed from my old HTC One M8 and now that I have a Nexus 5x, I bet my coverage/performance woes for the most part would be remedied. 

I honestly believe I value reliability (being able to text/call) over having 20-100mbps speeds in most areas.  Not sure, though.  The other thought I have is that my T-Mobile line will lose its discount if I ever left my employer, whereas my old Sprint line was grandfathered into the ED1500, which is still a hell of a deal, even without device subsidy.  Decisions...decisions...

One more thing I'd like to add is how bad T-Mobile's ability to use MMS is.  Maybe it's my area, but I'm often receiving/sending either too many pictures, group messages, or they send/receive over 30 hours later!  I never had that issue on Sprint!

This.. Period "I honestly believe I value reliability (being able to text/call) over having 20-100mbps speeds in most areas."

Honestly I had the same thing with T-Mobile fast outdoors, Indoor dwindled to edge.. Sprint was better as it'll hold on to B26 where I can get 3-5 Mbps which is very usable..

But hey, Think of it like T-Mobile's Band 4 (good for ourdoors). Sprint's Spark (Good for outdoors and some buildings).

It's a win-win with Sprint, Also T-Mobile's Band 12 is the same 5x5Mhz network as Sprints Band 26 (5x5)

• Like 1

This.. Period "I honestly believe I value reliability (being able to text/call) over having 20-100mbps speeds in most areas."

Honestly I had the same thing with T-Mobile fast outdoors, Indoor dwindled to edge.. Sprint was better as it'll hold on to B26 where I can get 3-5 Mbps which is very usable..

But hey, Think of it like T-Mobile's Band 4 (good for ourdoors). Sprint's Spark (Good for outdoors and some buildings).

It's a win-win with Sprint, Also T-Mobile's Band 12 is the same 5x5Mhz network as Sprints Band 26 (5x5)

Are you in a band 12 area? T-Mobile's band 12 is more reliable than Sprint band 26 period. I have yet to see Sprint band 26 best T-Mobile band 12 if they share a tower even if Sprint is on top and T-Mobile is on the 3 spot on a tower. They equal out it that situation but T-Mobile band 12 almost always has more capacity between 4-10mbps where it is uncommon to see Sprint band 26 above 4 in daylight hours unless your in a rural setting. This is obviously because band 41 is not here yet though and T-Mobile has 20x20 all over the place. T-Mobile cranks up band 12 to ridiculous levels and Sprint does not. I rarely lose LTE on Sprint though where as on T-mobile, while way more improved does not cut it in rural territory with those last lingering edge sites sending me to 2g or no signal. I will say it hangs on to band 12 for dear life and band 12 goes further than hspa+ and Edge where Sprint's 1*800 and evdo bests band 26 by a little. Sprints rural coverage has exceeded my expectations though. It might be the Note 5 just being the rf monster that it is or Sprints network has gotten that much more reliable but I'm always on b26. Fix that city capacity and I will never leave Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you in a band 12 area? T-Mobile's band 12 is more reliable than Sprint band 26 period. I have yet to see Sprint band 26 best T-Mobile band 12 if they share a tower even if Sprint is on top and T-Mobile is on the 3 spot on a tower. They equal out it that situation but T-Mobile band 12 almost always has more capacity between 4-10mbps where it is uncommon to see Sprint band 26 above 4 in daylight hours unless your in a rural setting. This is obviously because band 41 is not here yet though and T-Mobile has 20x20 all over the place. T-Mobile cranks up band 12 to ridiculous levels and Sprint does not. I rarely lose LTE on Sprint though where as on T-mobile, while way more improved does not cut it in rural territory with those last lingering edge sites sending me to 2g or no signal. I will say it hangs on to band 12 for dear life and band 12 goes further than hspa+ and Edge where Sprint's 1*800 and evdo bests band 26 by a little. Sprints rural coverage has exceeded my expectations though. It might be the Note 5 just being the rf monster that it is or Sprints network has gotten that much more reliable but I'm always on b26. Fix that city capacity and I will never leave Sprint.

I live in a squatter owned region, I love T-Mobile too but right now the service blows in my area. I'm sure band 12 is performing better than sprints band 26 is because of the deprioritization and throttling. But yeah tmobile cranks b12 up. Sprint should get better as cell density increases and more heavy users are deprioritized, right now nobody is unless you're on the 70$ plan or upgraded recently.

T-Mobile is 20x20Mhz in my area, but recently it got so congested that I can only get between 1-4Mbps now on band 4. This is due to the cell density here in my area it isn't as great, Verizon is really dense here but god dam the price for them is insane.

If Sprint were to convert 70% of cell sites on WiMAX here it should be the same level as Verizon at least in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live in a squatter owned region, I love T-Mobile too but right now the service blows in my area. I'm sure band 12 is performing better than sprints band 26 is because of the deprioritization and throttling. But yeah tmobile cranks b12 up. Sprint should get better as cell density increases and more heavy users are deprioritized, right now nobody is unless you're on the 70$ plan or upgraded recently.

T-Mobile is 20x20Mhz in my area, but recently it got so congested that I can only get between 1-4Mbps now on band 4. This is due to the cell density here in my area it isn't as great, Verizon is really dense here but god dam the price for them is insane.

If Sprint were to convert 70% of cell sites on WiMAX here it should be the same level as Verizon at least in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In city limits T-Mobile and Sprint are more dense than Verizon without question here but rural Verizon rules with a iron fist. In a lot of cities Sprint can't do deprioritization because they don't have the capacity to do it. In my case if Sprint was to have everyone on band 25, band 26 would be great and band 25 would be unusable. They are both at capacity now so that only works in areas with second band 25 carriers and band 41 areas.

In a lot of cities Sprint can't do deprioritization because they don't have the capacity to do it.

What on earth does this mean? Places struggling with capacity need deprioritization management even more.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

What on earth does this mean? Places struggling with capacity need deprioritization management even more.

Say you are in a area where Sprint only has band 25 and band 26 and both are already crawling to 1mbps or worse then you shift everyone to band 25 which completely kills the carrier while band 26 improves. Someone farther from the tower would get a okay experience and someone closer in a denser area would be s.o.l. If I am wrong please correct me.

Say you are in a area where Sprint only has band 25 and band 26 and both are already crawling to 1mbps or worse then you shift everyone to band 25 which completely kills the carrier while band 26 improves. Someone farther from the tower would get a okay experience and someone closer in a denser area would be s.o.l. If I am wrong please correct me.

That's not deprioritization. Deprioritization essentially slows down heavy users at busy sites. Opening up more capacity for everyone else.

• Like 2

Load balancing attempts to keep a similar performance delta across all bands. If both are overburdened the only solution is to add more spectrum for LTE or increase cell density.
  • Like 1

That's not deprioritization. Deprioritization essentially slows down heavy users at busy sites. Opening up more capacity for everyone else.

Corrected. Yeah we have at least a few people I know around using 40 or more a month with hacked hotspot access. They deserve it. But I thought this doesn't apply to current users, only new subs? It stops more damage from being done but doesn't stop current users from continued abuse.

Corrected. Yeah we have at least a few people I know around using 40 or more a month with hacked hotspot access. They deserve it. But I thought this doesn't apply to current users, only new subs? It stops more damage from being done but doesn't stop current users from continued abuse.

Until they get a new phone. Even off contract.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

So if I switch phones but its already listed as a phone that I have used before, does it take effect then?

Actually, not sure. Haha

Only if you activate a phone that's never been active on that line before I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Looks like Jacksonville and Tampa are getting Google Fiber! The moment they arrive in my area, I'm cancelling Comcast!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I have cox. 100mbps for $70 a month. Not bad but I wish I could get Google fiber.

• Like 1

Looks like Jacksonville and Tampa are getting Google Fiber! The moment they arrive in my area, I'm cancelling Comcast!

http://techrampage.com/google/google-fiber-coming-to-oklahoma-city-jacksonville-and-tampa-1319

Sent from my Nexus 5X

If Google fiber makes it to my neighborhood Comcast would be gone in an instant. I don't care what I have to pay to get out of my 2 yr agreement that has 6 months left I'll pay it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

If Google fiber makes it to my neighborhood Comcast would be gone in an instant. I don't care what I have to pay to get out of my 2 yr agreement that has 6 months left I'll pay it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

What'll happen is Comcast's theoretical need for a 300GB data cap will be gone, and they will improve speeds up to 1Gb/s to existing customers for free.  But, not until Google Fiber is available at your door.  I cannot stand the monopolistic environment cable companies seem to plant themselves into.  At this point, I'm with you.  Even if Google Fiber is more expensive than my Comcast internet bill for the same offerings, I'll still pony up the extra $10/20 just so Comcast doesn't get it.

• Like 1

What'll happen is Comcast's theoretical need for a 300GB data cap will be gone, and they will improve speeds up to 1Gb/s to existing customers for free. But, not until Google Fiber is available at your door. I cannot stand the monopolistic environment cable companies seem to plant themselves into. At this point, I'm with you. Even if Google Fiber is more expensive than my Comcast internet bill for the same offerings, I'll still pony up the extra $10/20 just so Comcast doesn't get it.

Wow, Cox has a 700gb cap on 100mbps and on the 200mbps plan its 2tb.

What'll happen is Comcast's theoretical need for a 300GB data cap will be gone, and they will improve speeds up to 1Gb/s to existing customers for free. But, not until Google Fiber is available at your door. I cannot stand the monopolistic environment cable companies seem to plant themselves into. At this point, I'm with you. Even if Google Fiber is more expensive than my Comcast internet bill for the same offerings, I'll still pony up the extra $10/20 just so Comcast doesn't get it.

Yes I'm done with giving Comcast my money. The only reason I still have Comcast is because they have the best internet in town. So I keep them and just bundle internet and TV. I've been thinking about dropping their TV service and just keep the internet. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm under contract and also the satellite companies want to put me on auto Bill to get all the new customer perks and that's out. I will not auto Bill anything after what I went through with boost Mobile on my sons line.

Sent from my Nexus 6