Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Sensorly shows the center of the recorded LTE in the same spot as the tower.

Well, that Sensorly hotspot is certainly evidence of an LTE tower. It may not be conclusive evidence that it is your particular tower, especially if there are any other possible Sprint towers in range, but it is evidence that poses the hypothesis to prove or disprove. (I wish you had mentioned that Sensorly fact before. The Speedtest results by themselves don't show tower location.) And it really does help to see the Sponsor maps because they show where the Sprint sites are.

The best way to know for sure is to go close to the tower site and log the RSRP signal strength all around it using the LTE Engineering screen on your phone, seeking strong signals for all sectors. You also can log the values for each sector's Serving Cell ID. Then you can replicate the test from your original position to see if the ID matches.

4G LTE LIT UP on 12/3/12 at 8:48PM ON THE SOUTHSIDE IN JACKSONVILLE FL!

We had it for about 10-15 minutes. Got 6.5mb down, 1mb up, and 65 ms ping. And then it was gone! Not great numbers, but it is a start. Hopefully it will light up again very soon and stay on.

4G LTE LIT UP on 12/3/12 at 8:48PM ON THE SOUTHSIDE IN JACKSONVILLE FL!

We had it for about 10-15 minutes. Got 6.5mb down, 1mb up, and 65 ms ping. And then it was gone! Not great numbers, but it is a start. Hopefully it will light up again very soon and stay on.

Check out the Sensorly maps. It's been live since last Thursday. :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Off of wells road in op

What ever company supplies the backhaul in clay county is on their A game. Seems like more sites are going to be live in clay county then any where else in the jax market.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Looks like another tower came up north of the BayMeadows. Not entirely sure if it's a new tower, but according to Sensorly, the signal in that spot (west on Butler Blvd) is strong. Anyone in that area soon?

I won't be back in that area until Wednesday of next week.

I won't be back in that area until Wednesday of next week.

I'm never that far north, most nothern area I visit is Bay Meadows. It's not too far away from there, though. If I have time tomorrow, I'll drive by there on the way home from class, but with it being my last day of class, I think it'll be a very long night.

Picked up faint 4g on blanding this morning in orange park..... didn't have time to chase it down.... did catch the eye of a policeman and had a little tag along for a bit...

Where on blanding so I can map it this afternoon

I went to that area today and I didn't get a signal on my EVO 4G LTE.tana4e5u.jpg

Or maybe the site was blocking. Are all these entries different sites or just one site on my LTE record?

blairmore and blanding area near western world

I went through that area again today being that I take blanding home. I didn't get a connection again but I am using an evo. So whatever device you are using is very good at picking up LTE signal. Also looks like someone already mapped the signal in that location.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I went through that area again today being that I take blanding home. I didn't get a connection again but I am using an evo. So whatever device you are using is very good at picking up LTE signal. Also looks like someone already mapped the signal in that location.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Actually went thru there today also and didn't even think about it... I was running sensorly the first time I went thru and then the following day, the second time I was talking on the phone and registered 19 points.... I actually bit the bullet and got one of these really tiny Galaxy Notes... I got the otter box defender for it... all I can say is its a monster :D

Actually went thru there today also and didn't even think about it... I was running sensorly the first time I went thru and then the following day, the second time I was talking on the phone and registered 19 points.... I actually bit the bullet and got one of these really tiny Galaxy Notes... I got the otter box defender for it... all I can say is its a monster :D

Dang dude I know that phone has to be huge. I actually though about buying one but I have to pay full price because I just bought the EVO LTE in May. The last phone I bought at full price was the EVO 3d that I regret buying. It was a good phone just not with the $500 I paid for it. I'll probably just stick it out with the EVO LTE hopefully HTC hurries and release a fix to the connectivity problems and by the time I'm due for an upgrade in Jan 2014 sprint will be pretty much done with the first part of network Vision and will be pushing LTE 800 really hard.

The Ocala tower has the network vision panels installed since last week but how long does it take before they actually turn The radios on? I came out last Sunday and they had rigging coming down the top of the tower I came back today which is Saturday and all the rigging is removed so I'm assuming they're done with the actual top of the tower work???

• Like 1

The Ocala tower has the network vision panels installed since last week but how long does it take before they actually turn The radios on? I came out last Sunday and they had rigging coming down the top of the tower I came back today which is Saturday and all the rigging is removed so I'm assuming they're done with the actual top of the tower work???

It took about a month after nv panels were installed on the BayMeadows tower. I think the most time consuming part of the upgrade is installing the new cabinets.

From what I have seen the manufacturer says power has to be turned on to the panels and radios within 24 hours of their packing materials being opened.... not sure how long till it actually goes "active" but there is power

Panel, cabinets, and power I think is easy and all within the control of the contractors. Most of them are GCs so they can do electric, slabs, and tower work. The thing outside of their control is the backhaul. Likely that is what you are waiting for.

Panel, cabinets, and power I think is easy and all within the control of the contractors. Most of them are GCs so they can do electric, slabs, and tower work. The thing outside of their control is the backhaul. Likely that is what you are waiting for.

I thought backhaul is the first thing they work on when a site upgrade starts. My tower is getting backhaul installed now, and i haven't seen anything else finished yet.

• Like 1