Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Florida markets aways get special treatment except for 800 smr of course.

Don't be gushy just do it lol. This issue with CFSB is probably going to be solved very quickly. In your particular case, we live in Florida where the issue appears to be extremely limited.

Besides you could always return it in 14 days if it was too much of a problem.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to connect to LTE along the Bartram Park-Avenues-I-295 beltway area of Jax with their tri-band of choice phone? So far, the only two places I've seen LTE have been along Old St Augustine Rd by Tijuana Flats and around the Avenues Mall. It's been 5 days since I've last been up to Jax, but just curious. LTE in St Augustine has been pretty consistent. So far I have only dropped it for a few moments on a rural route along Sr16, in Vilano Beach past the castle and inside a school where I usually roam anyway.

Has anyone been able to connect to LTE along the Bartram Park-Avenues-I-295 beltway area of Jax with their tri-band of choice phone? So far, the only two places I've seen LTE have been along Old St Augustine Rd by Tijuana Flats and around the Avenues Mall. It's been 5 days since I've last been up to Jax, but just curious. LTE in St Augustine has been pretty consistent. So far I have only dropped it for a few moments on a rural route along Sr16, in Vilano Beach past the castle and inside a school where I usually roam anyway.

What about around old downtown St Augustine?

oh yea he also told me he has live 1x800 on over 30 sites in jacksonville so i would start looking

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

If they are anything like ours they are all blocked meaning no customer device, no matter what PRL you have, etc, you will not connect to them at all.  There are few sites around here with 1x800 transmitting that worked for a month then they blocked them.  I see them on the spectrum analyzer.  Trust me, I've tried tons of things from offset channels, wildcard SIDs, etc, nothing will work.

What about around old downtown St Augustine?

I will have to try going downtown. I usually avoid it because traffic and parking are a nightmare. Unfortunately, the main tower that serves downtown is 3G only and my Evo used to roam a lot there. But, driving down San Marco to the Vilano Bridge (which is right by downtown) still saw LTE with a decent signal, so I bet I could still pick up some LTE around St George Street.

• Like 1

If they are anything like ours they are all blocked meaning no customer device, no matter what PRL you have, etc, you will not connect to them at all.  There are few sites around here with 1x800 transmitting that worked for a month then they blocked them.  I see them on the spectrum analyzer.  Trust me, I've tried tons of things from offset channels, wildcard SIDs, etc, nothing will work.

The guy never said anything about it being available to use. He just said they was online. I guess either ericsson or sprint is waiting and will likely just turn on a lot of towers at once. At least I hope this is the plan and its not some serious matter

The guy never said anything about it being available to use. He just said they was online. I guess either ericsson or sprint is waiting and will likely just turn on a lot of towers at once. At least I hope this is the plan and its not some serious matter

Well here's to hoping they just light up soon.  I've just been itching for some 800mhz smr.  You need it the most in Ocala though.  Whenever I am home I often find myself on the edge of a good signal.  I don't want to roam anymore! lol

Honestly in Ocala I never have much of calling problems. Just data. There are times especially in buildings that I roam. Blitchton road is the main culprit even though Winn dixie, publix, dollar general, dollar tree, family dollar, and Walgreens are less than a mile away from a active 3G/LTE upgraded tower. I get 1 bar or no bars of 1x and no 3G or LTE inside all of them. The worse part is I start to roam on metro pcs which makes me embarrassed to be on Sprint.

The big question I would have had is why do you spread out the site visits to activate the 4 different technologies? 1x, evdo, lte, and 1x800.

There's one spot on the way to class along i95 that is so slow. It's going north up to the Old St Augustine exit. 3G signal is decent but speeds are bad. Pandora stops streaming here too. Hopefully LTE 800 will fix this.

Something I've noticed with the "seamless handoff" is that the device will hand off to 3G from 4G without much interruption but 4G will not come back or the device will not scan for it unless there is no active data connection. This means if I'm streaming Pandora in the car with 4G and it drops to 3G anytime during my trip it will not reconnect to 4G unless I stop the stream for it to scan.

Anyone know of a setting to enable to allow the device to scan for 4G even if there is an active channel on EvDo/eHRPD?

Sent from my LG-LS980

The big question I would have had is why do you spread out the site visits to activate the 4 different technologies? 1x, evdo, lte, and 1x800.

They don't according to him at least on some sites. He said sites get the 3g/LTE 1900 first and they do it together. It only takes 1-3 hours to test 1x800 and lte 800 is ready to go and is a flip switch on sprints part. So thats two visits some towers get more. I asked him that question.

They don't according to him at least on some sites. He said sites get the 3g/LTE 1900 first and they do it together. It only takes 1-3 hours to test 1x800 and lte 800 is ready to go and is a flip switch on sprints part. So thats two visits some towers get more. I asked him that question.

Seen lots of sites where Ericsson has done it at all different times. Strange...

For instance...looking at some data I have from a source.  Just a few examples:

One site, 2/14/2013 1x is cut over, 5/31/2013 they cut over EVDO, 7/7/2013 LTE was fired up, then 9/15/2013 1x800 was done.  To do 800LTE that will be a fifth visit.

Another... 7/3 LTE was kicked on, 7/17 1x was fired up, 8/26 1x 800, then finally rolled back and did EVDO on 9/16. 

I could go on and on and on looking at this list.  Leaves you scratching your head.

For instance...looking at some data I have from a source.  Just a few examples:

One site, 2/14/2013 1x is cut over, 5/31/2013 they cut over EVDO, 7/7/2013 LTE was fired up, then 9/15/2013 1x800 was done.  To do 800LTE that will be a fifth visit.

Another... 7/3 LTE was kicked on, 7/17 1x was fired up, 8/26 1x 800, then finally rolled back and did EVDO on 9/16. 

I could go on and on and on looking at this list.  Leaves you scratching your head.

Can't imagine Sprint is simply sitting back tolerating this, but then again who knows. 

Can't imagine Sprint is simply sitting back tolerating this, but then again who knows.

I don't think they are tolerating it because they've got NSN doing the band 41 rollout. Ericsson's involvement only includes repairs but the Samsung and Alcatel lucent are both still being used for B41 rollout. I'd imagine Sprint not giving as high of a payout since Ericsson is slacking in many occasions.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

I don't think they are tolerating it because they've not NSN doing the band 41 rollout. Ericsson's involvement only includes repairs but the Samsung and Alcatel lucent are both still being used for B41 rollout. I'd imagine Sprint not giving as high of a payout since Ericsson is slacking in many occasions.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The guy probably didnt know everything he was talking about. I don't trust Ericsson on this rollout at all

The guy probably didnt know everything he was talking about. I don't trust Ericsson on this rollout at all

Ericsson looked nice on paper at the beginning but now they're the furthest behind of the three. Glad Sprint is giving them the boot. There's a site near me that was supposed to be completed with nv upgrades 9 months ago and it hasn't been started on yet!

Sent from my LG-LS980

Ericsson looked nice on paper at the beginning but now they're the furthest behind of the three. Glad Sprint is giving them the boot. There's a site near me that was supposed to be completed with nv upgrades 9 months ago and it hasn't been started on yet!

Sent from my LG-LS980

I started finding upgraded sites and posting pics a year ago. I never thought I would still be looking at legacy on 3 out of the 5 sites I pass on my 20 minute commute to work.

I too felt the same way when things first started until I started seeing all the top quality Samsung equipment and installs. They have done an excellent job hands down on things.

• Like 1

I can beat that. My home site was suppose to have 3G and LTE online by 12/04/2012. Safe to say they failed. I can also confirm that it is not a landlord, permitting, or backhaul issue. Backhaul for sprint was installed 5 months back from cox. Landord which i personally talked to because she was at the tower when i was making my rounds said that sprint shot her a email about it back in jan and she has not hear from them since.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I work on UNF campus and my phone has been hanging onto 1x a whole lot more so than 3G. In the building I'm in, used to be at least one or two bars of 3G. Now it roams sometimes, or 1x when I'm closer to windows it'll get 3G.

And now this morning, I'm 1/4 mile from my Spribt tower and when I woke up I had LTE...after my morning poop...it's on 3G...then all the signal disappears, comes back all bars as Extended 3G and then it'll show as Sprint. Then 1x will show for a good bit...and the process starts all over again.

There's one spot on the way to class along i95 that is so slow. It's going north up to the Old St Augustine exit. 3G signal is decent but speeds are bad. Pandora stops streaming here too. Hopefully LTE 800 will fix this. Something I've noticed with the "seamless handoff" is that the device will hand off to 3G from 4G without much interruption but 4G will not come back or the device will not scan for it unless there is no active data connection. This means if I'm streaming Pandora in the car with 4G and it drops to 3G anytime during my trip it will not reconnect to 4G unless I stop the stream for it to scan. Anyone know of a setting to enable to allow the device to scan for 4G even if there is an active channel on EvDo/eHRPD?Sent from my LG-LS980

My G2 hands off between 3G and 4G while I am streaming Spotify. As you said, it doesn't skip a beat between handoffs. I have even toggled airplane mode without any skipping to force it to reconnect to 4G. I do agree that it tends to take too long before it rescans and realizes that 4G is available. I've looked around and cannot find any option in the engineering screens to change the scan interval.

My G2 ia a mixed bag when it comes to regaining a lte signal. I have aeen it reconnect to lte 2 mins after losing it and then sometimes it takes 6 or even 7 mins.

My G2 hands off between 3G and 4G while I am streaming Spotify. As you said, it doesn't skip a beat between handoffs. I have even toggled airplane mode without any skipping to force it to reconnect to 4G. I do agree that it tends to take too long before it rescans and realizes that 4G is available. I've looked around and cannot find any option in the engineering screens to change the scan interval.

So the most used tower in Ocala went live with 4G but there are major problems. First it definitely has that triband issue where i cant connect to it. Also my galaxy note 2 gets a really good signal but its unusable around 0.07 down and 0.15 up. There is still people at the tower now so hopefully they are aware of this issue. I will definitely be heading there to tell them about it sometime in the next hour or so