Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Speaking of October, the permit for the Clovis rodeo grounds site has been issued for about that long. Have they done anything to the site yet? Nooooooo, of course not. Why would you bother working on the site that would be right in the middle of a nice 3G cluster launch? I'm wondering if it will be one of those "accepted" sites like the one south of Fowler, the one off akers/198 in Visalia, and the one west of Farmersville; 3G accepted, but no new panels. What sucks about the rodeo site is that I would have to go into full blown lurk mode in order to get a peek at the base station.

Given that there's a middle school and a neighborhood playground right beneath the site and the police station just down the street, I would probably end up being noticeably absent from S4GRU for a period of time to be determined by a judge.

That site is impossible to see. I went to the park and climbed onto the play structure, but couldnt see over the walls. On the main road the entrance is clearly fenced in with numerous "no trespassing signs" so the "I took a wrong turn" excuse wont cut it.

And on top of it, google maps shows an opaque fence around the base anyway.

As of yesterday, I've lost LTE connectivity in Tulare. Anyone else having the same problem?

I wasn't having any issues last night when I went through on my way back up from Bakersfield.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Hmm... I suppose I ought to call Sprint.

I would, just in case.

Edit: However, it not being a launched market, you may not get super far yet.

Picked up LTE in Bakersfield on White Lane and Ashe. Also, picked up LTE on the 99 about 1 or 2 miles north of the Kimberlina Rd exit and went away just north of the Merced exit.

• Like 1

Wow! :blink:  I just looked at Sensorly and it looks like Bakersfield is starting to fill in quite nicely! Very impressed at how fast they are working on integration down there. All of Bakersfield is now 3G accepted, so all that's left is backhaul and LTE integration teams, and the whole city will finally be covered. I just hope they keep the LTE integration pace up. :unsure:

• Like 2

Wow! :blink:  I just looked at Sensorly and it looks like Bakersfield is starting to fill in quite nicely! Very impressed at how fast they are working on integration down there. All of Bakersfield is now 3G accepted, so all that's left is backhaul and LTE integration teams, and the whole city will finally be covered. I just hope they keep the LTE integration pace up. :unsure:

I know I have been mapping every time I go out just to make sure to get 4G mapped

I just came across a thread on the sprint forums that had an "official" response saying that Fresno gets LTE within 90 days.  It throws some caveats on that and I have heard this before so I remain skeptical.

That all being said, here is the thread so that you can go read it and formulate your own opinion...

community.sprint.com/baw/thread/142598

I cant seem to cut and paste the quotes, links or the thread so you will have to improvise, haha.

Sensorly looks like *1* site is currently live. 

I totally agree...just got back into Bakersfield from Salinas this afternoon and all of a sudden I picked up LTE along 7th Standard Rd, Coffee Rd and Olive Ave.   I just installed Sensorly and did some mapping.

• Like 2

I'm so happy to see LTE filling in nicely in the LCV. I'll be going thru Tehachapi by this weekend, so hopefully they will have LTE going up there too. If anyone can check there before I go thru, let me know. Thanks!

• Like 1

Here is a freebie map of just the sites accepted in Bakersfield the last 24 hours.  All this and more is available to Sponsors, including maps of every Sprint site in the country, and daily new accepted complete sites!

For more information about how to become an S4GRU Sponsor and get access to all this great stuff, visit this link:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 5

post-23247-0-55917700-1393467966_thumb.png

Getting those speeds on the 99 north of Bakersfield around the Famoso exit. I would like to see Bakersfield get a little better. Happy to see LTE though.

Edited by Will
  • Like 3