Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

It's cool seeing the speedtests being posted however in my own personal experience I've yet to break 4Mbps. Not really a big deal since even with 1 bar of LTE it's been a fairly reliable connection all throughout town and will only get better the more towers go live.

Quick question.... What is a "legacy" tower? They keep calling Kerman's lonely tower this.  I have photo evidence that NV panels have been installed and that the cabinets were also being worked on.  What can this mean or is this just CS lingo to get you off the phone?

Quick question.... What is a "legacy" tower? They keep calling Kerman's lonely tower this.  I have photo evidence that NV panels have been installed and that the cabinets were also being worked on.  What can this mean or is this just CS lingo to get you off the phone?

Legacy = non upgraded old equipment. 

• Like 1

Legacy = non upgraded old equipment. 

But how can this be true when in fact is has been hardware upgraded (at least in the air)? Maybe it is all or nothing? So like the cabinet work wasn't all done but the tower panels are finished and this is still "legacy"? 

But how can this be true when in fact is has been hardware upgraded (at least in the air)? Maybe it is all or nothing? So like the cabinet work wasn't all done but the tower panels are finished and this is still "legacy"?

A tower may have been physically upgraded but not active. In that case the legacy equipment is still running and thus the site is considered a legacy site. The moment the new equipment is turned on and the old equipment turned of is when the site is officially considered network vision upgraded and not legacy.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Just to lighten it up a bit. This is how I have felt as NV has been deployed.

If I am breaking forum rules, I apologize in advance.  But at least watch it first before deleting the post.   :lol:

• Like 2

Just to lighten it up a bit. This is how I have felt as NV has been deployed.

If I am breaking forum rules, I apologize in advance. But at least watch it first before deleting the post. :lol:

Brian Regan is the official comic of S4GRU. Posting Brian Regan videos is never against the rules. "Go, switch flipper!!!"

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I'm kinda fearful that Clovis wont 3G launch until Fresno is closer to 3G launch. Then again, Sacramento hasn't launched but the surrounding communities have.

Just freaking do it already. Knock down the Rodeo site if you have to.

I'm kinda fearful that Clovis wont 3G launch until Fresno is closer to 3G launch. Then again, Sacramento hasn't launched but the surrounding communities have.

Just freaking do it already. Knock down the Rodeo site if you have to.

...or put it on the adjacent, superior tower.

Poor Fresno.  I wonder if the city is just that difficult?  Fresno didn't get any reliable 4G wimax but it was promised.  And now is being left out of the LTE until last.  It has to be frustrating to know that Mendota received LTE before Fresno.  But I digress.  There is a lot of progress now vs. being left in wonderville.