Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Hey guys I live in the south west area of Visalia. Any news or updates or expectancies of 4G lte? 3G speeds are really bad here.

Welcome to the club. I live in west Visalia right now, and the site off Akers by the Tulare-Akers Professional Building hasn't received its building permit yet, so it's gonna be a while. I do expect the site in back of KJUG should be broadcasting LTE soon, as well as the one off Acequia around the corner from Ben Maddox and Main. There should be LTE by the end of this month in Visalia. If not, then by the end of September. If AT&T is the backhaul provider, then it may take longer.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hey guys I live in the south west area of Visalia. Any news or updates or expectancies of 4G lte? 3G speeds are really bad here.

Whenever I visit my family in southwest Visalia, my reception and speeds are awful, too. I feel your pain.

Hmm I wonder who keeps deleting my posts

Let's face it. At this point you're trolling. Any posts of the same nature will be deleted (by a moderator, not Oedipus). 

Until you show actual proof, either with Sensorly, or with a screen shot of Google Maps showing your location, nobody cares who was "first."

• Like 4

If you didn't care if anyone believed you, then one would think you would leave it alone and not keep coming back to say you didn't care. Hence, the fact that you have been identified as a troll. If there was a legitimate LTE signal, it is not coming up now. But, we also can't be sure if the screenshot has been altered to say 4G instead of 3G. Also, if you had 4G pop up, are you sure it is LTE? It could be a wi-max signal. And are you actually on a Sprint carrier phone? There are a lot of factors here that are suspect. So, either a Sensorly mapping or screenshot of Signal Check Pro or a screenshot of your location on Google Maps with the 4G would clear this up. But when you say you don't care if no one believes you, then keep coming back to say you don't care if anyone believes you, people will start to think and believe the opposite.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Gs3 yo

Lte signal unless somehow it has wimax which is impossible for that side of town as the wimax tower is way on the other side

The image was not altered it was taken with the home+power method

No doubt what phone you have. The issue is, sure, you provided an image with 4G at the top. But, no proof of your location. You can tell us where you were all you want, but that doesn't prove anything. Sure, you don't care if we believe you, but stating that you don't care over and over, well, techiegirl stated it pretty well.

• Like 1

I live in Kerman, Ca which is 15 min west of Fresno.  We have one cell tower that is ALWAYS over capacity.  We had an additional iden tower also but then it was shut down with the rest of iden.  My question is with the lonely tower.  Once the NV is complete on that tower will it still be over capacity from the get go?  Or does the capacity load get better with the upgrade as well?  Oh and I can confirm that the site is eHRPD, but all the cabinets are the old antique ones. This site is in the Sebastian Corp yard on their antenna if that helps anyone. :)

• Like 1

I live in Kerman, Ca which is 15 min west of Fresno. We have one cell tower that is ALWAYS over capacity. We had an additional iden tower also but then it was shut down with the rest of iden. My question is with the lonely tower. Once the NV is complete on that tower will it still be over capacity from the get go? Or does the capacity load get better with the upgrade as well? Oh and I can confirm that the site is eHRPD, but all the cabinets are the old antique ones. This site is in the Sebastian Corp yard on their antenna if that helps anyone. :)

No, once Network Vision is done the site should be set up with extra carriers to maintain capacity without overburdening. It'll be nice if they convert the extra iDEN site to Network Vision, but we haven't heard if they will do that with more than 100 or so sites nationwide. All sites in the area have been broadcasting eHRPD since last year as that is just a software upgrade.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Kerman, Ca which is 15 min west of Fresno. We have one cell tower that is ALWAYS over capacity. We had an additional iden tower also but then it was shut down with the rest of iden. My question is with the lonely tower. Once the NV is complete on that tower will it still be over capacity from the get go? Or does the capacity load get better with the upgrade as well? Oh and I can confirm that the site is eHRPD, but all the cabinets are the old antique ones. This site is in the Sebastian Corp yard on their antenna if that helps anyone. :)

Agreed that single site is way too overburdened

Mendota and San Joaquin are in the same boat

Agreed that single site is way too overburdened

Mendota and San Joaquin are in the same boat

When on the phone with the rep and he says...."Woa that tower is overloaded bad!" You know it has to be bad.