Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

I thought the max for our 3G was 2.7Mbps, that's nuts! Was it a spike or sustained at 3?

it was a fluke, the second highest speed I got was 2.66 and I got that like 3 times maybe Edited by Jakob

Some New LTE goodness in the Irwin area not far from the turnpike a good couple miles along rte 30 I used sensorly and will upload when I get to some wifi.... speed, speed is what you need

Edited by y2jmp76
  • Like 1

5 new 1x800 towers in Washington, pa. 2 reached close to Houston, pa before I lost them. Also I believe I connected to 1x800 on the tower in Brownsville the bsl line in signalcheck would not update. If the Brownsville tower is up that would mean all non-gmo sites have 1x800 near me.

Screenshot_2013-10-02-10-12-01.png

Screenshot_2013-10-02-10-05-07.png

Screenshot_2013-10-02-10-03-57.png

Screenshot_2013-10-02-10-03-27.png

Screenshot_2013-10-02-10-01-57.png

Screenshot_2013-10-02-09-44-35.png

I am disappointed that the Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List hasn't been undated since August 23rd. I know Robert is busy with his relocation, but can't someone cover for him? I think it is important this is updated so we know what to expect.

I am disappointed that the Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List hasn't been undated since August 23rd. I know Robert is busy with his relocation, but can't someone cover for him? I think it is important this is updated so we know what to expect.

Short answer, no.  The deployment maps are still being updated regularly.  You need to become a sponsor to view them.

AJ

This is the lowest priority of everything we do. However, Ian is running the numbers now to update the Running List. If I get the numbers before tonight, I may be able to update it before I go to bed. If I get it after I go to bed tonight it will likely be next week some time as I will not have any time to work on it over the weekend.

Robert

Thank you, guys for listening! I understand this is not a high priority. I and I'm sure most of the readers do appreciate it, as it is both interesting and useful to us. Thanks again!

Jeff

I thought the max for our 3G was 2.7Mbps, that's nuts! Was it a spike or sustained at 3?

The max theoretical speed for a CDMA EVDO '3G' throughput of data is 3.1Mb/s... Now this is with the sun shining, birds singing and a smile from the big man upstairs... you would have to be VERY close to the tower, upgraded equipment and backhaul, and no one else on the network at that moment. 

That being said, I have been hitting 2.5Mb/s with increasing regularity as Cranberry Twp. Pa gets closer to LTE deployment.  

And I will be driving to butler tonight to see family... and detour to do a little mapping with sensorly... my girlfriend might kill me but who cares, we got to test the new LTE!  (and she's warming to the fact that she will be able pintrest at lightning speed, lol) 

The max theoretical speed for a CDMA EVDO '3G' throughput of data is 3.1Mb/s... Now this is with the sun shining, birds singing and a smile from the big man upstairs... you would have to be VERY close to the tower, upgraded equipment and backhaul, and no one else on the network at that moment.

That being said, I have been hitting 2.5Mb/s with increasing regularity as Cranberry Twp. Pa gets closer to LTE deployment.

And I will be driving to butler tonight to see family... and detour to do a little mapping with sensorly... my girlfriend might kill me but who cares, we got to test the new LTE! (and she's warming to the fact that she will be able pintrest at lightning speed, lol)

I have seen good speeds in cranberry as well the one thing I have noticed is that cdma 800 is up and running I think this meens the towers are upgraded and are just waiting for the finishing touches for lte

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

5 new 1x800 towers in Washington, pa. 2 reached close to Houston, pa before I lost them. Also I believe I connected to 1x800 on the tower in Brownsville the bsl line in signalcheck would not update. If the Brownsville tower is up that would mean all non-gmo sites have 1x800 near me.

So that is just the 1x on 800mhz? I assume the LTE is still on 1900?

If the 800 is operable that means its been NV'd right? Does that also mean the 800 LTE is installed but hasn't been activated yet? Sorry for the newb questions

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

So that is just the 1x on 800mhz? I assume the LTE is still on 1900?

If the 800 is operable that means its been NV'd right? Does that also mean the 800 LTE is installed but hasn't been activated yet? Sorry for the newb questions

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

yes when evdo 800 is active the towe has been upgraded and just some small stuff left befor 1900 lte is on as far as 800lte is a minor upgrade to the tower

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2