Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

Has anyone noticed an increase of dropped called since the deployment? Not an excessive amount but periodically. I wasn't sure if it was due to tower maintenance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed an increase of dropped called since the deployment? Not an excessive amount but periodically. I wasn't sure if it was due to tower maintenance.

could be also are you going to or from 800 mhz

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

could be also are you going to or from 800 mhz

Not sure. How do I check next time, Signal check pro?

You could use signal check or look at the engineering screens directly. You would have to know what frequnecy you were connected to before and after the call though to be sure its the 800 to 1900 handoff. How long has the dropped calls been happening?

Mars also released LTE today. Speeds there are excellent! I had the signal almost all the way to route 8! Someone should map all this new 4g..

I just drove from 19 out 228 to saxenberg got some lte on rt 8 too mapping all the way

When I drove into my neighborhood (Adams ridge), I realized that there was no 4g once you passed up the Walgreens. I asked sprint why this was and they said that one of the towers was having issues. Wouldn't you know it, the faulty tower was the one that gave me 4g coverage from my house. So with that said, I no longer have a 4g connection from my house, which is a shame, especially because literally 1/4 mile from my house there is 3 bars of solid LTE. Sprint said it could even be a couple months before it is fixed. If I want even 1 puny bar of 4g from my house, I have to sit in my driveway with my phone over my head, and I will hold that connection for a mere 5 seconds before I switch back to 3G; and that's if I'm lucky. Even though I'm psyched that cranberry/ mars finally got 4g, it really sucks that I have to wait even longer for something that most people in my area already have. But, what can I do but be patient and wait.. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone else had this problem as well or if it was just me.

It's a common occurrence to see a slight increase in dropped call issues while tower upgrades are going on. It may continue until the majority of cell sites have completed upgrades in your area, or you have a solid blanket of 1x800. 

When I drove into my neighborhood (Adams ridge), I realized that there was no 4g once you passed up the Walgreens. I asked sprint why this was and they said that one of the towers was having issues. Wouldn't you know it, the faulty tower was the one that gave me 4g coverage from my house. So with that said, I no longer have a 4g connection from my house, which is a shame, especially because literally 1/4 mile from my house there is 3 bars of solid LTE. Sprint said it could even be a couple months before it is fixed. If I want even 1 puny bar of 4g from my house, I have to sit in my driveway with my phone over my head, and I will hold that connection for a mere 5 seconds before I switch back to 3G; and that's if I'm lucky. Even though I'm psyched that cranberry/ mars finally got 4g, it really sucks that I have to wait even longer for something that most people in my area already have. But, what can I do but be patient and wait.. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone else had this problem as well or if it was just me.

Consider yourself lucky to have LTE in the area at all. Since your market is not yet launched, LTE is typically spotty. I think you will see your LTE come back sooner than later. There's no real reason that it would take a couple of months with all the crews and equipment in the area. 

• Like 1

ok now I am just going to say this but at ypur hoise you have wifi or you can leech just for tye time being we got 4g when we shop and hang out so its good and it wont take long to fix the tower

ok now I am just going to say this but at ypur hoise you have wifi or you can leech just for tye time being we got 4g when we shop and hang out so its good and it wont take long to fix the tower

wifi at my house is slower than 3G, so I kinda rely on fast data connection for internet on my phone.

Can someone with signal check tell me in cranberry the lte is reported as empty pr is it the rom im onSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Different roms display different information. Do you have a screenshot to show what your seeing? I should be in cranberry on monday to see what mine shows.

I heard samsung phones had issues there should be a number after the carrier like (310120). Sometimes the number would not be right for some reason. You may want to post in the signal check thread the developer would see it and help more.

I heard samsung phones had issues there should be a number after the carrier like (310120). Sometimes the number would not be right for some reason. You may want to post in the signal check thread the developer would see it and help more.

that is what is going on then it just sucks I think my points in sensoly are being dumped too much of what I mapped is not showing up on the map

what app is that?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

its not an app, it's on sprint's website, it tells you what towers are getting upgrades or have been upgraded within the last 6 months.. Pretty useful

Just wanted to mention that signal check was updated and he fixed the unknown carrier for LTE. As far as sensorly goes this was the post I was referring to when I said it might show on website if not on the app. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4145-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/?p=221865

As long as your phone says it is a sprint phone sensorly doesn't care if its roaming. They only care if it's use able at least for CDMA. At least it looks like some people have done a good deal of mapping up 19 and a little on 228.