Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

that is what is going on then it just sucks I think my points in sensoly are being dumped too much of what I mapped is not showing up on the mapSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I just mapped a very little bit and it updated are you still having trouble? Also are you able to hold on to lte the tower must be kicking me off. Speed test showed 3g was twice as fast as 4g. (.9mbps vs 1.7mpbs) I was on commonwealth dr it would only hold on til -91db. 3g is fine at 1.7mbps I just wanted to map more.

I just mapped a very little bit and it updated are you still having trouble? Also are you able to hold on to lte the tower must be kicking me off. Speed test showed 3g was twice as fast as 4g. (.9mbps vs 1.7mpbs) I was on commonwealth dr it would only hold on til -91db. 3g is fine at 1.7mbps I just wanted to map more.

haveing no problem at all with holding on to lte just my point wont show up on the map I checked my build prop out and it is set to sprint so idk

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

haveing no problem at all with holding on to lte just my point wont show up on the map I checked my build prop out and it is set to sprint so idkSent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

what version of sensorly are you using? Did you try both the new and old? I mentioned it in the sensorly thread a mod said he had no issues. If the old version works maybe its a device specific issue they don't know about. I assume that you tried to uninstall/reinstall. I feel bad I like to see places turn purple. Lol

haveing no problem at all with holding on to lte just my point wont show up on the map I checked my build prop out and it is set to sprint so idk

What ROM are you running? There have been a few instances of a ROM changing the network name, and then Sensorly doesn't know what to do with the data. 

Tower at my house has been fixed. I am now getting 4 bars once again, but speeds are not quite as fast as they were before. (Only around 11-13mbps compared to 20+)

still a good start and as fast as my home internet

Speeds at my house are extremely variable.. One minute speeds will be at only 5mbps. The next minute they'll be at 18mbps or even higher. Very inconsistent

It just sounds like a neighbor or 2 was watching a video then they weren't. It's a shared resource that maxes out at 37 mbps. That's why at 2 am it will be blazing fast no one else is up and using it. It should only average 8mbps good enough to stream an HD Netflix movie. 2600mhz is where we will see the speed but it will be a while before that happens.

• 3 weeks later...

They need to get off there rears with some of these upgrades. The tower in evans city off 528 is supposed to be upgrades to LTE on the 27th. They need to move it because coverage in this area has been horrible for 6 months

Welcome. This is your first post, and S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.

AJ

Not trying to post sprint complaints. However the tower that covers my area used to produce fast 3G speeds as early as June this summer. Now in the same spot I am luck to get 2 bars of 1x. Only thing I get from Sprint is the tower is being upgraded. Seems odd it should be this bad during this

I think anyone outside of downtown will be out of luck on upgrades until they get 3g acceptances done. You may have fiber optic cable run to the tower but no one will be available to hook it up. The new phones are having issues with getting LTE right next to towers without the new nv 3g being turned on.

Interesting...    LTE is running great in Cranberry and the Mars area..  I remember at least in the Cranberry Area months before LTE lit up...  even though speeds were horrible, the 3G was still up and running...  I am not sure why Evans City has been so bad during there tower upgrade..  It almost seems like the turned the entire tower off the last several months.  I would be shocked to see everything fixed by Wednesday as they are saying

Does anyone know when lte is supposed to be expanded downtown?

I think you might see some over the course of the winter months when it is not safe to be up on towers since most in the city are building mounted

• 2 weeks later...

So I spoke to a Sprint Engineer about the upgrades in this area as I have a business line and after finding the right person they were great.  They sent me a Airave for free to solve the issues at my house..  So in short the 800mhz upgrades on the towers covering Evans City and the rest of Butler(except downtown) are not done yet.  They should be by the end of January..  They are expecting the area to be upgraded to LTE by the end of march.  possibly sooner once they get the backhaul to the towers   He also said there are directional coverage issues with the Evans City Tower that will go away once they install the 800mhz cluster equipment.

• 1 month later...

Question of the day:

Something to get excited for or just some clever Sprint advertising. I live near Carnegie Mellon and I haven't seen any sign of LTE nor 1x800.

What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Yup, got same message earlier today.

Also, seems now to prefer 1x 800 (SID 22427) now over 1x1900 (SID 4171) after PRL and profile updating. Before would always be on 1900, besides for short period of time during scanning. Still same PRL number as before however, so maybe this is because of tower upgrades (or profile update?).

Edited by hhm0