Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

New downtown tower now puts my work desk 5 feet outside 4g area :(

North Versailles has lte and downtown, southside, and North Shore do not...that hurts my head to think about.

North Shore and South side are scheduled for next 90 days supposedly though. I saw that like 30 days ago. Hopefully it's not falling behind more.

It looks like southside is getting pushed back. Now scheduled for the next 6 myths. Sprint guy at store has nifty program that shows updates scheduled for next 90 days. Thing is, I stopped by, looked at it again and it looks like it's been pushed back. :/ dammit Pittsburgh Market with your hills and valleys...

It looks like southside is getting pushed back. Now scheduled for the next 6 myths. Sprint guy at store has nifty program that shows updates scheduled for next 90 days. Thing is, I stopped by, looked at it again and it looks like it's been pushed back. :/ dammit Pittsburgh Market with your hills and valleys...

that sucks I am surprised how much 800 mhz I am seeing with the new prl from the sponsors section it makes a nice difference

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

it seems like there hasn't been any new spots on the map (except for beaver) in probably 2 months, what gives?
  • Like 1

I just noticed 4 new address near cranberry for 800 and 1 down in dunbar this week. So some work must be going on. Maybe sprint needs to push the fiber subcontractors a little bit more. Can't blame the fiber guys to much they probably have to lay a couple extra miles of cable per tower because of the hills. And locals are probably in the way to land owners and politicians like to have their say on every little thing.

I just noticed 4 new address near cranberry for 800 and 1 down in dunbar this week. So some work must be going on. Maybe sprint needs to push the fiber subcontractors a little bit more. Can't blame the fiber guys to much they probably have to lay a couple extra miles of cable per tower because of the hills. And locals are probably in the way to land owners and politicians like to have their say on every little thing.

I have been getting 800 around cranberry so back hall my be the hold up

I Can confirm down in Fairchance 800 has showed up on all 3 of my phones.  Gs3  Optimus G and Photon.  This happened within the last month or so.  All I can say is part of my house that never got service before has 3 to 4 bars now and 3g internet speed of about 2Mbps and very clear call quality.

800mhz in mars hope this means just a holdup on the newer fiber lines I was not getting it last week i will try to get to the tower and take a look http://db.tt/XfDKwYbD

Screenshots_2013-09-09-15-55-08.png

when you say "1x800", what exactly does the mean? Is it a type of 4g or what? Edited by Jakob

Just wanted to say that I live in Connellsville, While I was in Greensburg there is 4G running 8 to 11mbps down 5 to 6mbps up (depending on if I used sensorly or opensignal) around the Walmart I am on Boost Mobile and just picked up the LG Optimus F7 very pleased with the phone (retiring HTC evo Design)

My question(s) is when they do offially fire up the LTE in Pittsburgh area about how far south do you think they will run it right away? opinions? I also understand that the PRL would be different from my old evo Design to this device but my question is with the older device I was always on EVDO and this one shows up as eHRPD so my question is what is the difference if any beteween the two.

Edited by y2jmp76

I just downloaded the signalcheck app I picked up LTE right off rte 51 in the Colona Train Yard did a speed test with Sensorly and got 7Mbps down and 3Mbps up my current job would be good for mapping purposes cause I drive railroaders to various locations from Newell Pa to Aliquippa and New Castle.... if only I didn't hit that 2.5gb cap Boost Mobile puts on me stupid 3G

Just a warning about sensorly mapping if I remember correct from the sensorly thread. That boost mobile phones won't map on sprint network. I believe it had to due with the phone reporting it is connected to a boost network. Easy to test go to a place not mapped yet should take about 10 minutes to update the map. Zoom in and out to try to get to an uncached map zoom. Also don't forget you can turn on upload only over WiFi to save your data.

did the lil experiment and it shows up on the sensorly map had to test it with Sprint 3G cause I am away from the 4G maybe it works as Sprint now cause I am on the eHRPD and 1xRTT (the signalcheck app says Sprint network).... so let the mapping begin

Picked up 4g at the primanti's in cranberry for about a minute, then lost the signal and never picked it up again. Speedtest was not working when I picked up the signal and couldn't get a speed.. But nevertheless, I picked up 4g for the first time in a while and that gives me hope for Cranberry getting 4g soon

Picked up 4g at the primanti's in cranberry for about a minute, then lost the signal and never picked it up again. Speedtest was not working when I picked up the signal and couldn't get a speed.. But nevertheless, I picked up 4g for the first time in a while and that gives me hope for Cranberry getting 4g soon

I think when cranberry gets 4 g its going to be all at once manny of the towers are upgraded a friend at consolidated told me the hold up is running fiber optic to the tower and I believe it as I am getting 800 mhz in the area

I think when cranberry gets 4 g its going to be all at once manny of the towers are upgraded a friend at consolidated told me the hold up is running fiber optic to the tower and I believe it as I am getting 800 mhz in the area

did he give you an estimation on when that would be done?