Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

I was in West Olathe by K10 and K7. Seems like my B25 data is more stable that it has been in the last few days versus the last few weeks were my signal was up but my connectivity was unstable.

Last time I was out that way, LTE was fantastic. Average speeds outdoors was pretty close to 20Mbps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not that the official announcement means everything, but it's good timing nonetheless. I ordered a tri-band hot spot and it should be delivered today. I can't wait to see what B41 coverage is like around my area.

Just received this text in Raytown.

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

I reply "S" here at S4GRU...so that these dozens of needless reports of this damn text message will please stop!

AJ

• Like 2

Did a PRL update. I now have 1 x800 in Olathe. I have a note 3 so no triband Lte. Any speed tests on 800LTE

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

No 800 LTE available to the public yet that I'm aware of. Regardless, speeds will be basically that of 1900 LTE, since it's configured the same. Max speeds at 37.5Mbps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im in a lot of places. ;)

we'll see for lte 800

have you looked at the areas I listed on sensorly?

according to sprint they dont have towers within a couple miles of either of those spots.

A few thoughts...

We know where the sites are located.  We also know which sites have been Network Vision upgraded.  We have maps.  And as others have suggested, your questions would be much more easily answered if you would become a sponsor and view those maps.

Next, the two Wichita intersections you mention are inside Sprint coverage footprint.  Signal strength may not be the strongest at those locations, but bar none, they are covered.  Sprint cannot, will not have sites at all major intersections.  Signal strength will vary.  And as an aside, if you are talking LTE coverage, the site at McConnell AFB has not been upgraded, so that potentially addresses one of your areas of supposed "lack of coverage."

Finally, what is your point regarding Sensorly?  It is not a de facto coverage map.  Rather, it presents a crowd sourced coverage approximation.  But that does not come without caveats.  If no one has mapped a location, that does not necessarily mean coverage is absent.  If someone has mapped a location before Network Vision upgrades had been completed, that does not necessarily mean coverage is absent.  If someone has mapped a location with a poor RF handset, that does not necessarily mean coverage is absent.

AJ

I dont think there is any reason to act so arrogant. the idea that its a handset problem for 13th and webb not showing coverage is a joke.

you refer to your maps. I'll report real world coverage.

if you consider areas where it's .02 mbps speeds as covered then we shouldnt even talk.

rock rd and webb are mapped weekly if not daily.

to bag on sensorly for being crow sourced when thats basically what your maps and info are is pretty lame.

I dont think there is any reason to act so arrogant. the idea that its a handset problem for 13th and webb not showing coverage is a joke.

you refer to your maps. I'll report real world coverage.

if you consider areas where it's .02 mbps speeds as covered then we shouldnt even talk.

rock rd and webb are mapped weekly if not daily.

to bag on sensorly for being crow sourced when thats basically what your maps and info are is pretty lame.

Respectfully, watch your tone.  You have already been disciplined for breaking the rules once before.  You are skating on thin ice again.

You can refuse to acknowledge the mapped information available at S4GRU, but that is your loss.  And it questions why you are asking questions here.

You first asked about coverage at two locations.  However, you are now referencing data speeds.  That is moving the goalposts.  Coverage and data speeds are largely separate issues.

As for Sensorly, you seem to lack understanding of what it actually is.  For example, go check out the VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile coverage maps on Sensorly.  You will find countless places that have never been mapped but have native coverage.  You cannot accurately use Sensorly as a reference for where coverage is absent.

Additionally, how do you know that Rock Rd and Webb Rd are "mapped weekly if not daily"?  Is it you?  If not, what is your proof?  If it is you, then your handset could be the problem.

AJ

• Like 1

1st I have not been disciplined for anything. Not that has anything to do with this. I'm skating on thin ice because ur rude? Thats rich man. I love ur logic.

i have been talking abt lte the entire time if that wasnt clear.

So you look at an area like Wichita which has been widely mapped and you see a major area that has high traffic with an apparent hole in LTE And ur first response is to try to discredit me. To say I must not know how sensorly works or act like I'm the only person here using sensorly. While possible that is unlikely. Ask yourself what's the most likely reason there is no LTE coverage in the areas? The answer is not because of phone problems.

Its obvious you have no idea what's happening on Webb and obviously since the McConnell tower hasn't been upgraded Thats why there is no LTE coverage on south rock. I'll research that McConnell tower more.

1st I have not been disciplined for anything. Not that has anything to do with this. I'm skating on thin ice because ur rude? Thats rich man. I love ur logic.

Short memory you do have. You were warned for abusive behavior in the Nebraska thread. Your ice is very thin. In fact, I predict it breaks very soon.

So you look at an area like Wichita which has been widely mapped and you see a major area that has high traffic with an apparent hole in LTE And ur first response is to try to discredit me. To say I must not know how sensorly works or act like I'm the only person here using sensorly. While possible that is unlikely. Ask yourself what's the most likely reason there is no LTE coverage in the areas? The answer is not because of phone problems.

What I see is no evidence that anyone has attempted to map that area. And you can provide no evidence that it has been mapped "weekly if not daily." Are you mapping it? If so, what device? You specify your location as "south" and your device as "flip" so it's not glaringly obvious that you would be out there checking the LTE signal strength. I would go map it for you, if you'd like to contribute gas money. I'm sure I would find LTE signal there.

As David, who is another moderator, pointed out, you were disciplined for your behavior in the Nebraska market thread. Your "stick up your azz" statement in that thread was out of line, and you received warning points for that transgression.

Now, in this thread, I have not been rude to you. I have been direct with you. That you may not like what I am saying does not make me rude.

i have been talking abt lte the entire time if that wasnt clear.

View this snapshot of an AT&T LTE Sensorly map. Wow, look at all of those holes. By your logic, AT&T must have very limited LTE coverage in Wichita. But that is incorrect, and it illustrates a limitation of Sensorly's crowdsourcing method.

350qjc1.png

AJ

• Like 2