Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

As far as LTE rollout? Chicago is furthest along with the rollout, I forget the percentages, but most of the market has had either a 3G or 4G upgrade, with a good chunk of the region now broadcasting 800 SMR as well.

Dont forget about adding an asterisk around "furthest along with rollout" to clarify that the downtown and Loop area is considerably less further along than other urban or suburban areas of Chicago. Again, this is where I believe the misleading stigma comes from.

Dont forget about adding an asterisk around "furthest along with rollout" to clarify that the downtown and Loop area is considerably less further along than other urban or suburban areas of Chicago. Again, this is where I believe the misleading stigma comes from.

True, they are not as far along as other parts of Chicago, but compared to other markets, even the Loop is doing pretty good. But I see your point. It shouldn't be this way too much longer. Chicago ought to be wrapping up in the next few months.

Lots of LTE to be had up where I live in lakeview, but yea, the loop is like stepping into the bad old days! As I mentioned in a previous post, some LTE sites just north of the loop are very slow too, when the engineering screen indicates strong signal. Hopefully Sprint will keep chugging along...and who knows, maybe they will light up the whole loop on the same day (I'm staying positive.) And yes, I know some people are saying that they have great LTE underwater, upside down, and ten sub basements down in the loop, but I can corroborate the experiences of most everybody else on here. I have become an expert wifi hopper while down here at school!

Well all I'm saying is when I can be on state st underground and I can keep my LTE that's hella impressive. Like I said I play ingress every week downtown was even down there just today.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I just drove from Schaumburg to LaGrange' date=' and no LTE the entire way, even though I had full LTE bars.[/quote']

So you were connected to LTE but didnt receive any data..?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Same here, no LTE in Chicago proper. Woke up this morning with LTE only showing the upload bar, everything times out and fails when connected to LTE, from Lincoln Park all the way to the Loop. Phone only sends/receives data when forced into CDMA 3G.

Is anyone else having problems with LTE connections this morning? Specifically being connected to LTE but no data coming through...

Yeah its working now but yeah LTE wasn't working this morning up until 11

hello,

any 4G LTE towers near north 1st street and Bethany rd in Dekalb ? I saw one near RT 64 and Peace rd , but I'm not sure if its owned by sprint.

you are right. I went again and I saw 2 towers near Peace rd and RT64 (Elburn Cooperative near Motel rd ) and one across the street from the Sycamore united Methodist church.

anyways.so far no G4 LTE in Dekalb.

$150 a month for 2 phone is way too much for a 3G speed .plus they have the guts to send me a text to verify my employee discount.

The DeKalb area sites are complete with NV upgrades. They are just waiting on their microwave backhaul links to be established. I'm surprised its not done yet.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

From what my friend tells me, DeKalb seems to be waiting on one, possibly two, sites. The tower that feeds the other microwave backhauls north of the hospital into Sycamore is waiting on its backhaul upgrade. Those towers to the north are in a holding pattern until that happens. The towers south of town I think are waiting for ATT to finish their fiber backhaul at the one tower that feeds the remaindee of the backhaul for the area. However....the ATT guys have been working on that line since before christmas...soo......

• Like 1

The DeKalb area sites are complete with NV upgrades. They are just waiting on their microwave backhaul links to be established. I'm surprised its not done yet.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just curious how you know that backhaul is what is missing here?? My closest site has had the "3G" NV update since at least September, but has made no sponsor-map-detectable progress since then. Since I am obviously the most important customer out of all of Sprint's 57,000,000, I cannot understand why the site isn't totally surrounded with Samsung contractors working furiously to get me up to LTE, or even 1X 800 (both of which are so very near). So again, I am curious regarding how to find out what might be missing.

FWIW, you should probably know that 2 Sycamore, IL, sites (near the Dekalb sites that you mentioned) are also near "Heron Creek Estates". It's a shame that those pesky mapmakers just don't know how to spell!!!

Just curious how you know that backhaul is what is missing here?? My closest site has had the "3G" NV update since at least September, but has made no sponsor-map-detectable progress since then. Since I am obviously the most important customer out of all of Sprint's 57,000,000, I cannot understand why the site isn't totally surrounded with Samsung contractors working furiously to get me up to LTE, or even 1X 800 (both of which are so very near). So again, I am curious regarding how to find out what might be missing.

FWIW, you should probably know that 2 Sycamore, IL, sites (near the Dekalb sites that you mentioned) are also near "Heron Creek Estates". It's a shame that those pesky mapmakers just don't know how to spell!!!

NV equipment has been in place in the DeKalb/Sycamore area since April of 2012. It is strictly a backhaul issue. A lot of the towers have microwave dishes for the upcoming backhaul installed and those were just installed 2 weeks ago. Its gonna take a little more time, but its very close.

These are my updated speeds in the Austin area.

Whats the closest intersection to where you took these tests?