Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Im worried about stuff like this constantly happening since a majority of backhaul is microwave.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

I'm hurt, very hurt.

The DeKalb area sites are complete with NV upgrades. They are just waiting on their microwave backhaul links to be established. I'm surprised its not done yet.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the microwave dishes have been in place since December, possibly November. The ones closer to Sycamore have been only a couple weeks.

Frontier (ILEC) has been installing fiber to AT&T sites. Sprint shares on one of them. I haven't had the time to do as much driving as I'd like. Windstream has been Verizon's favorite in the area. I haven't figured out what the bulk of Sprint fiber sites are.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

you are right. I went again and I saw 2 towers near Peace rd and RT64 (Elburn Cooperative near Motel rd ) and one across the street from the Sycamore united Methodist church.

The Sprint one is behind Ski's.

On another note, the ULS tells you a lot.

• Like 1

Updated NV Sites Complete map for Feb 7th shows no new upgraded towers in or around the loop. Sad face.

NV Sites complete map updated on Feb 12th again show no new completed sites in Chicago Loop, River North, Lincoln Park, or Lakeview/Wrigleyville. Arrrrggghhhhh

NV Sites complete map updated on Feb 12th again show no new completed sites in Chicago Loop, River North, Lincoln Park, or Lakeview/Wrigleyville. Arrrrggghhhhh

There were a lot of markets not reported in the last update. I think there was an issue with their reporting system last week. This week may be much larger than normal.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

There were a lot of markets not reported in the last update. I think there was an issue with their reporting system last week. This week may be much larger than normal.

Hope you are right.

Oh, there is despair in Chicagoland. No new posts. No new upgrades. No new LTE. No new nothin'! [Well, okay, there's a lot of new 800 Mhz, but that's just not as exciting as all that shiny new LTE in the rest of the world.] Everyone knows that Chicagoland is the absolute center of the known Universe, yet here we sit pining away for at least the tiniest bit of newness. "Ah", you say, "but Chicago already has SO MUCH LTE, why would you need more?!" Because we are Rahm's anointed ones, that's why!!!! Having had so much newness in the past, we have become addicted to newness, and need our NV newness fix!!! Oh, woe is us (are us?)!!! Has the State Pension Fund slithered its filthy hands into Sprint's NV funding and stolen even our hope? Has Mike Madigan sold all the cell sites to his crooked cronies? Has the ghost of Everett Dirksen talked so much that he melted all the new backhaul??

Please, Dan Hesse, hear our pleas and rescue us from incompletion. Or at least give Robert some acceptances to post.

Amen.

• Like 1

Feb 19th NV Sites Complete update again shows no new sites in the Loop, South Loop, West Loop River North, Streeterville, Lincoln Park, or Lakeview. Can anyone comment on the recent month or more of no activity in remaining NV sites of Chicago neighborhoods.

Its pretty frustrating to know there are 22 towers in the loop where we all work with no NV and to know there are towers on Clark/Addison and School/Ashland where many of us live that have received no NV where towers just down the street received their upgrades several months ago.

Feb 19th NV Sites Complete update again shows no new sites in the Loop, South Loop, West Loop River North, Streeterville, Lincoln Park, or Lakeview. Can anyone comment on the recent month or more of no activity in remaining NV sites of Chicago neighborhoods.

Its pretty frustrating to know there are 22 towers in the loop where we all work with no NV and to know there are towers on Clark/Addison and School/Ashland where many of us live that have received no NV where towers just down the street received their upgrades several months ago.

These comments are becoming ad nauseum. Please do not post the same thing week after week. It will come, and we know you're waiting. Complaining to us again and again is getting annoying. It will be done when it is done and there is nothing we can do about it.

Samsung is the most aggressive OEM of them all. They want to be done with Chicago. If they are not complete, it is because they can't. It's not as if they do not like you or your neighborhoods.

• Like 5

Check my posts to see what I've discovered in the DeKalb area. Note: The good stuff is likely in the sponsor section. ;-)

Can you estimate how much money you've wasted mapping DeKalb/Sycamore with 3G on sensorly....?

• Like 1

...youngest child heading off to Univ. of Chicago (zip code 60637) in September '13; we've been with Sprint for 10+ years and are currently out-of-contract...hope all is well in Sprint LTE-Land!

By then chicago will be done and 800 will be all over chicago. So voice will be great, network vision will be finished and they will be starting to put lte on 800. So I don't think u will be disappointed, I know sprint hasn't had a good reputation. I haven't had much of issue, besides when they started the upgrade in chicago. Honestly u can't beat the price for it being unlimited.
  • Like 1

By then chicago will be done and 800 will be all over chicago. So voice will be great, network vision will be finished and they will be starting to put lte on 800. So I don't think u will be disappointed, I know sprint hasn't had a good reputation. I haven't had much of issue, besides when they started the upgrade in chicago. Honestly u can't beat the price for it being unlimited.

Is there even another option for unlimited 4G LTE that's un-throttled. I think Sprint owns the market there and maintains that as there competitive advantage. I would venture a guess that most Sprint users are still sprint users b/c that, at least users on this board.

northwest Indiana

New lte service at 109 and Randolph. This covers crown point, Winfield , and I believe the first time porter county gets a taste of lte. excited to see they are moving south and east.

• Like 1

Have you Chicago folks noticed a difference with the 800 1x network on in-building coverage? Is it as big a difference as Sprint was touting it to be?

Huge. My work building is a lead box....but when its connected to the 800 tower I typically have full or near full bars. Same thing at my apartment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Have you Chicago folks noticed a difference with the 800 1x network on in-building coverage? Is it as big a difference as Sprint was touting it to be?

Yeah sure do I even get lte coverage in my basement which only my vzw friends had signal.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2