Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Might be easier to just go to the Sprint store and hound them to replace your phone.

Well, there's the issue that I'm on SWAC and I've had the phone since July. I can't imagine they'll let the phone linger in the state it's in for much longer but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'm wondering if I can set up a tasker profile on my phone that cycles airplane mode every few minutes while the screen is off. Does anyone have a better idea? It's the only way I can connect to 4G half the time on my Evo.

I did some testing near a LTE tower by me and although the phone will hit on the tower for 3g/voice from quite a distance aways, it won't grab LTE until I'm literally 1,000 feet from the tower.

This EVO LTE screams disaster, when is Sprint going to be offering full buy backs, issuing replacements that work, or allowing customers to upgrade early. This is a PR disaster in the making.

I also just donated and dont see how to access the sponsor forums.

Sign out and back in. Your account was upgraded immediately after donation. You no longer need a password to access Sponsor forums.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I was downtown Chicago yesterday for work, but couldn't get much of anything around there. I was near Riverside Plaza and even though I saw some spots on Sensorly, I couldn't get LTE to pick up anything. I did map a few things on the way back home on the train though.

And Robert, mad props for putting the total sites in the Sponsor Forum. Is there anyway you might be able to highlight what's changed since the last week? That's the first thing I look at when I come into the office Monday morning :/

Was driving in McHenry County this afternoon and saw a crew working on the NV level of Xxxxxxxxx at IL-120 and Thompson Rd., just south of Wonder Lake. Two guys at the top of the tower and about three on the ground. Whoever pointed out that the NV panels are as big as a person was right. It will be interesting to see how soon the LTE lights up on that tower. I was on the way back from picking up my shiny new $99 S3 from Best Buy, and saw only a tiny flash of LTE anywhere on my route from McHenry to Woodstock to LITH to Crystal Lake (I took the long way home), that being just north of the LITH airport and for only a few yards. Tried to map on Sensorly, but had just loaded it on the new phone, and don't think it worked, although the little purple patch on Rakow Rd looked slightly bigger when I checked tonight (at least in my imagination). Strangely, earlier I gave Wimax one last speed test before they shut down my old Evo, and got over 10 mbits down at Rt 14 and IL 176 in C L, faster Wimax than I had ever before seen in C L in 1 1/2 years.

Later: Both Sensorly and Speed Test say that I am getting ehrpd at home in Crystal Lake, but the data rates are only about half what I was getting on evdo-a on my old phone. I will compare side by side with my daughter's old evo tomorrow.

Trucks and trailers were at a tower I drive by every day for about 3 weeks. I've seen them up on the tower a couple times, but looks like they must be done since they were gone this morning. I noticed yesterday that eHRPD was gone, but it's back this morning. Not getting any LTE off of it though. I'll have to drive around and see if I can catch them at another tower.

Tower on the corner of 64 and County Farm in West Chicago was giving 4G this morning!!!! Weeeee!!

That makes it a full 3 weeks from when I saw guys on the tower until 4G was active.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using JB 4.1.1

Wow getting 29 download, around 5 upload from my wife's iphone sitting inside our living room in the Garfield ridge neighborhood. Wish I knew how to post photo since it says I used 366 of my global upload, have no idea what that means.

Hi there, I've been a lurker for a few months now and I decided to sign up. I just donated to the website as it has been a great resource regarding LTE. As for me I get perfect signal by my job in Bolingbrook. All of I-55 going North from my job is pretty much LTE. But what's weird is coming from I-55 going South I don't get the signal in the same stretch. It's not a big deal but yesterday I filled some of the Sensorly maps on Cicero ave going North. It's close to my home now. :)

• Like 1

There seems to be a huge area lacking LTE in the south suburbs. Almost untouched and barely a spot of purple in sensorly. I know it's crowd sourced so it could be complete coincidence but I also only notice 2 completed nv towers in a large area. I wonder why it's neglected this far. The area in referring to is bordered by I-55 to the north, I-355 to the west, I-80 to the south and i-294 to the east with the epicenter being Orland park/Palos park. Any ideas?

Since signing on with sprint 3 weeks ago I'm seeing my LTE coverage increase a good bit. Had it for the first time in the city just south of China town at 33rd and halsted. There is a live sight there close by. I was able to hold onto LTE almost continuously from the Chicago skyway toll booth and the rest of my 20 mile commute home.

Being with sprint is already starting to pay off!!

I just wonder what sprints gonna do about their 3G speeds in chicago. I can get 10 down 4 up on LTE but only 100 kbps down and 0 up on 3G sitting in the very same spot.

The maps that sponsors get access to. I just donated to the site.

Robert is usually pretty quick about updating your account, but when i checked a couple of minutes ago you don't seem to have been upgraded yet. He will probably send you a message one he does it. Once he does, you will see a whole new section of forums where the maps will be easy to find. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1