Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Nowhere I go that isn't lit up, only a handful of sites left for them. What my problem is around here is the PCS LTE doesn't reach far enough, each site is like an LTE island that only reaches for about a mile. I wish they'd get LTE 800 up and running around here sooner then later, I'm having too many thoughts about cheating! Haha.

Actually what I was really referring to was driving out west to Southwest Colorado. No LTE anywhere near that area.

There are still a few 3G/800 sites on the Indiana Toll Road corridor in both Gary and LaPorte, thats what I was asking.  Still a few in the loop and a few outlying suburbs so I know there are holes out there.  I guess in the city its less of an issue with the density of adjacent towers.  Maybe to find B26 in NW Indiana you can find a Sprint person with an iPhone 5s or find a Sprint store with the 5s on display and pop in and test for it once in a while.

I'm noticing a ton of LTE holes this past week. Places where that never was the case. When band 26 is readying for launch, do they aim the 25 antennae down more because they no longer need as much reach?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm noticing a ton of LTE holes this past week. Places where that never was the case. When band 26 is readying for launch, do they aim the 25 antennae down more because they no longer need as much reach?

When I said holes above I was referring to NV Sites complete that still show 3G/800, I actually haven't noticed any dead B25 data in areas that I traverse like you have.

The south burbs are far from completely covered, and it seems to have gotten worse. That's why I was wondering about a down tilt adjustment

There are still a few 3G/800 sites on the Indiana Toll Road corridor in both Gary and LaPorte, thats what I was asking. Still a few in the loop and a few outlying suburbs so I know there are holes out there. I guess in the city its less of an issue with the density of adjacent towers. Maybe to find B26 in NW Indiana you can find a Sprint person with an iPhone 5s or find a Sprint store with the 5s on display and pop in and test for it once in a while.

I'm in highland, Munster, griffith, Schererville and all of the sites are band 25 live and I still have a lot of coverage gaps. I have a 5S and definitely no band 26 here. NWI could actually benefit greatly from band 26 since the cell spacing is only optimal for voice on PCS. EVDO and LTE suffer in a handful of places.

I'm in highland, Munster, griffith, Schererville and all of the sites are band 25 live and I still have a lot of coverage gaps. I have a 5S and definitely no band 26 here. NWI could actually benefit greatly from band 26 since the cell spacing is only optimal for voice on PCS. EVDO and LTE suffer in a handful of places.

Yeah I hear ya, knowing what we know now about just how signal strength dependent LTE performance is, the properties & coverage characteristics of the 1900Mhz (data) signal, and the fact that our first couple years of LTE were going to be all B25, I may have even gone in a different direction a couple years ago. 

Yeah I hear ya, knowing what we know now about just how signal strength dependent LTE performance is, the properties & coverage characteristics of the 1900Mhz (data) signal, and the fact that our first couple years of LTE were going to be all B25, I may have even gone in a different direction a couple years ago. 

I wish I hadn't been so hasty to switch carriers back in 2012, funny thing is Sprint had me covered in LTE before my previous carrier, but my previous carrier had just really gotten the ball rolling at the time... 

In the end if I had never switched to Sprint I'd have never learned so much from this forum and about cellular networks in general. 

If there's any band 26 lit up in NWI I'll probably be the first to report!

The south burbs are far from completely covered, and it seems to have gotten worse. That's why I was wondering about a down tilt adjustment

Are you in the Frankfort/Romeoville area? If so, I'm responsible for a tower adjustment, sorry if you're impacted.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Are you in the Frankfort/Romeoville area? If so, I'm responsible for a tower adjustment, sorry if you're impacted.

Mostly Palos/Orland/Tinley area. Didn't go south to Frankfort. What do you mean "you're responsible?" Are you a technician? We sure have some questions if you are.

Mostly Palos/Orland/Tinley area. Didn't go south to Frankfort. What do you mean "you're responsible?" Are you a technician? We sure have some questions if you are.

He probably reported some service issues to Sprint and they told him they would send a technician to the tower or something.

Any b26 action in the NW burbs? I know there is a cluster launched in the Algonquin area but has anyone seen additional coverage areas with B26? Specifically along NW Highway from Palatine to CL or in the Lincolnshire area?

Any b26 action in the NW burbs? I know there is a cluster launched in the Algonquin area but has anyone seen additional coverage areas with B26? Specifically along NW Highway from Palatine to CL or in the Lincolnshire area?

We have to keep our band 26 discussions in our new Chicago premier thread.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5831-Chicago-NV-2.0-Progress-/-Permits-/-etc

He probably reported some service issues to Sprint and they told him they would send a technician to the tower or something.

Actually I'm a National Sales Manager for Sprint and had RF from Ericsson go out to the area and they did some slight adjustments.

• Like 2

Actually I'm a National Sales Manager for Sprint and had RF from Ericsson go out to the area and they did some slight adjustments.

Well can you point Sprint's attention in the direction of the towers around US Cellular Field on the South Side.  I was at the Sox game last nite.  Prolly only 15K there.  Service was awful again, no data throughput and all timeouts while on LTE.  Im starting to get used to unusable LTE at events, games, and concerts around here.  Sigh. For what its worth when I switched to CDMA only the data connection was at least useable.

Well can you point Sprint's attention in the direction of the towers around US Cellular Field on the South Side. I was at the Sox game last nite. Prolly only 15K there. Service was awful again, no data throughput and all timeouts while on LTE. Im starting to get used to unusable LTE at events, games, and concerts around here. Sigh. For what its worth when I switched to CDMA only the data connection was at least useable.

I drove by the stadium around the 8th inning and ran a speed test. Pulled 41mbps right next to the stadium :) I did it because I wanted to test capacity during a game. I wasn't disappointed.

• Like 3

I drove by the stadium around the 8th inning and ran a speed test. Pulled 41mbps right next to the stadium :) I did it because I wanted to test capacity during a game. I wasn't disappointed.

That's great.  Some people just don't know how to use the network properly to get those speeds.  :tu:

It's not that, some people don't have a triband device.

Having a the triband device is a way to use the network properly. 

We said the same thing, if you don't have a triband device stop complaining.   :D  

Shouldn't things just magically work? Without playing around with settings, going out and buying a new triband phone etc. I like to know HOW things work but I don't like to have to think about how to get them to work temporarily, only if the solution is permanent. I've said this before and I'm saying it again I wish Sprint would pull magic out of their asses and make everything "just work" overnight.

I've seen alot of progress but am ready for a miracle around here and everywhere.

Testing capacity during a Sox game can be done at any time. There the same number of people there whether there is a game or not.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Very funny.  Maybe you just didn't notice every night this year has been dark green tshirt giveaway night. 

• Like 2

Very funny. Maybe you just didn't notice every night this year has been dark green tshirt giveaway night.

That right there is funny. And I'm a mega Sox fan.

Sent from my Nexus 5