burnout8488

Calling Plus (VoLTE "Lite")

Someone here can probably explain this, but what exactly is preventing Sprint from doing full on VoLTE? Lack of macro density? Lack of coverage? Something in the core of their network? I remember years ago their excuse was lack of fallback to CDMA, but what's causing it today? Why can't they do a full scale VoLTE launch like Verizon did? Or at least a market-by-market launch like AT&T, where they know they have the LTE reliability and capacity?

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

It'll probably arrive in the Oreo update.

Requirement for the HTC U11 is to dunk the phone in milk first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jakeuten said:

Someone here can probably explain this, but what exactly is preventing Sprint from doing full on VoLTE? Lack of macro density? Lack of coverage? Something in the core of their network? I remember years ago their excuse was lack of fallback to CDMA, but what's causing it today? Why can't they do a full scale VoLTE launch like Verizon did? Or at least a market-by-market launch like AT&T, where they know they have the LTE reliability and capacity?

It's a mix, but I think their biggest concern is taking a hit on their voice reliability scores. That said, I agree they should just open up VoLTE as a 'beta' program which is what they are sort of doing now with Calling Plus. I believe the full VoLTE IMS is already stood up and functioning with some iPhones and Calling Plus. Either way, we are getting closer!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grapkoski said:

It's a mix, but I think their biggest concern is taking a hit on their voice reliability scores. That said, I agree they should just open up VoLTE as a 'beta' program which is what they are sort of doing now with Calling Plus. I believe the full VoLTE IMS is already stood up and functioning with some iPhones and Calling Plus. Either way, we are getting closer!

We are not asking for it to be defaulting setting so should not be a concern of quality issues. The sooner it can get into beta, more data they can look at and see where are the weak spots they need to improve. 

What can we expect in terms of LTE carrier handoff?  With Sprint's current and future implementation, will LTE handoff's between networks be possible?

The latest update to my Note 8 has this feature. I have it turned on.
How does this work? Like today I was on a phone call and tried accessing my email but wouldn't work. Said something like no data connection.
In the Calling Plus setting I also see WiFi calling and LTE calling(beta). Do those need to be enabled as well?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LTE calling would need to be enabled.

34 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

The latest update to my Note 8 has this feature. I have it turned on.
How does this work? Like today I was on a phone call and tried accessing my email but wouldn't work. Said something like no data connection.
In the Calling Plus setting I also see WiFi calling and LTE calling(beta). Do those need to be enabled as well?

Must be set to on if you want talk & data b9f2460e664a1c4133e698709ee516d4.jpg

Been using this for the past couple days and the calls are very clear. But there are some hiccups at times. Like this morning I was talking to someone and they told me that I sounded like a robot or it breaks up at times. 

On 12/1/2017 at 1:10 PM, red_dog007 said:

What can we expect in terms of LTE carrier handoff?  With Sprint's current and future implementation, will LTE handoff's between networks be possible?

I know you were referring to Sprint but Verizon VoLTE is able to handoff to their LTEiRA partners and vise versa so it's definitely possible. On my Tmobile phone it will not handoff from a VoLTE call on US Cell to Tmobile. It won't go from a wifi call to VoLTE either on USC. 

• Thanks 1

I had to turn LTE calling off as several people have told me that my voice is breaking up.

Galaxy S7 with latest update 5BQL1 and still no calling plus..  :(