leozno1

HTC U11

So is the sku of the HTC u11 the same for the Sprint/unlocked variants? Is it simply a firmware limit not hardware? I want the solar red for a line on my account. But unsure if it will be compatible with out flashing it first. Best case scenario.

So is the sku of the HTC u11 the same for the Sprint/unlocked variants? Is it simply a firmware limit not hardware? I want the solar red for a line on my account. But unsure if it will be compatible with out flashing it first. Best case scenario.

The hardware is the same but the sprint model has different software.  The only issue I see is that the unlocked version may not work on sprints network because the esn/imei isn't in their database and will not activate.  So flashing the sprint official software probably won't make any difference.  

• Like 1

The hardware is the same but the sprint model has different software.  The only issue I see is that the unlocked version may not work on sprints network because the esn/imei isn't in their database and will not activate.  So flashing the sprint official software probably won't make any difference.  

What I wanna know is what benefit was there for Sprint being the Exclusive carrier partner for the U11 if we end up getting screwed out of all the best colorways for the phone?? Can't get Solar Red or Amazing Silver. 

What I wanna know is what benefit was there for Sprint being the Exclusive carrier partner for the U11 if we end up getting screwed out of all the best colorways for the phone?? Can't get Solar Red or Amazing Silver. 

Well for one, you could potentially get a much better deal going through sprint.  Also, if there is any issues with your device you could probably get a much faster turnaround time dealing with sprint compared to other third party retailers or even with htc.

Well for one, you could potentially get a much better deal going through sprint.  Also, if there is any issues with your device you could probably get a much faster turnaround time dealing with sprint compared to other third party retailers or even with htc.

Under certain circumstances you can get a better deal. But new customers have to pay $29/month for the U11 or $696 full price, which is actually more than what it costs to get it directly from HTC. I guess there is some work done behind the scenes to make this Sprint's first Gigabit LTE device and add HPUE support, so maybe it's not just a regular ol HTC U11 from HTC.com. 

That's the only reason I can come up with for why they seem to take longer to add a color to Sprint's lineup.

Ordering from sprint gives you 2 color options but a higher price. From HTC you get 1 color option (if you choose the sprint option) and a lower price. It's weird.

maybe it's not just a regular ol HTC U11 from HTC.com

But it is just a regular ol HTC U11 from HTC.com. Unlike Sprint's HTC 10, U11 has the same MID for both Sprint and US Unlocked.

But it is just a regular ol HTC U11 from HTC.com. Unlike Sprint's HTC 10, U11 has the same MID for both Sprint and US Unlocked.

So wait, buying the U11 unlocked from HTC.com will actually work just fine on Sprint then?

So wait, buying the U11 unlocked from HTC.com will actually work just fine on Sprint then?

NO!!!!

Hardware is exactly the same but it won't activate on sprint network, the esn/imei won't be whitelisted.

NO!!!!

Hardware is exactly the same but it won't activate on sprint network, the esn/imei won't be whitelisted.

10-4.

• Like 1

Aside from the IMEI issue, the firmware is obviously also different. There is no U11 support from SunShine (yet?), so no easily accessible way to get S-Off and change CID / firmware.

When did you do this testing in KC? LTE roaming on USCC has not been available all that long.

We are talking about LTE roaming and not EVDO roaming right?

Sent from my LG G5

It is lte roaming from uscc(I checked it with signal check/engineering screen, I just moved back from kc three months ago. 

Definitely the U 11 is a keeper. 199cac33791248edf799e23bfec36bb6.jpg

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Where was that?!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Where was that?!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Riverfront in Cincinnati, close to the ballpark.

Nice!

• Like 1

Would very much appreciate it if somebody could pull the UE EUTRA capability message with Network Signal Guru (root required) and post all the carrier aggregation band combinations.

• Like 1

Definitely the U 11 is a keeper.

Aand that's not even with the new TD configuration. That's insane.

• Like 1

Exactly!

What is the new TD configuration?

Definitely the U 11 is a keeper. 199cac33791248edf799e23bfec36bb6.jpg

4x4 MIMO or 256QAM possibly?

Supports 3x CA, 256QAM and 4x4 MIMO on B41.

• Like 1

At least 4×4, there's just no other scenario I can think of that would give me these speeds. I suspect the U 11 came with it already enabled out of the box, but I can't say for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At least 4×4, there's just no other scenario I can think of that would give me these speeds. I suspect the U 11 came with it already enabled out of the box, but I can't say for sure.

It sure did.

• Like 1

Supports 3x CA, 256QAM and 4x4 MIMO on B41.

It doesn't necessarily mean the site has it live, also 3XCA alone on B41 is capable of over 200mbs, its just very rare considering the circumstances have to be near perfect.

• Like 1