SeanK_

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

Indeed. The first device has been bought so its time

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yay!

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Alright!!! I would have the note 7 but im holding out for the coral blue.

Im going get coral blue 2

• Like 1

I'm torn between the blue and the black.

Also, want to see what google and apple brings out next.

Arggggg.

There should only be 1 release date for all of the things... 12/24!

• Like 1

Black is very nice! I didn't think I would like it, but it's different from the normal black and silver sides.

Can anyone comment on the signal reception compared to their old device? Is it better or worse?  Are you holding on to LTE better?

Can anyone comment on the signal reception compared to their old device? Is it better or worse? Are you holding on to LTE better?

I will actually still have my note 5 active on my line so I will be able to compare the best. But until the blue coral note is in stores i refuse to buy it.
  • Like 2

Just noticed that the note 7 has issues with SCP picking up Clear sites. Just displaying Sprint**

GCI is displayed correctly, so not the end of the world.

Ill have to report this to Mike.

• Like 1

I can't find wifi calling on the Note 7

I can't find wifi calling on the Note 7

2ce3dddcc859544fdf4eecf2ac718911.jpg

This is odd, doesn't appear to have it, at least not yet. Maybe in an upcoming software update. You would've thought it come enabled right out of the box.

It's not in any of the settings yet

It's not in any of the settings yet

Oh? That's a thing! I forgot coming from the Nexus line.

• Like 1

Maybe they're waiting to launch it until SMS goes over WiFi, then, so it's not the same situation as the S7 (going on six months waiting for that update...)?

Looking at that coral blue as well, it looks amazing. I will probably hold out to see what Google has in store then go from there.

Is Sprint fully transitioned to IMS based WiFi calling yet?

Edit: Nope, though there are efforts to transition based on what is being mentioned in other threads and on Reddit. 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can anyone comment on the signal reception compared to their old device? Is it better or worse? Are you holding on to LTE better?

For me it's holding on to B26 like a champ and it even works a bit where the Note 5 would pull .24 mbps I'm getting around 1 mbps, even in the bottom floor of my house where the Note 5 would drop to 3G, 1x800 or even VZW roaming.

• Like 1

Honestly the device is not all that keen on holding on to B41. It does great on B25 and B26. Comparing it with the S7 Edge, the Edge is a tad better signal wise. Granted the device just came out I'm thinking with a few updates it should be good. So far a pretty decent device, it's like a Note 5 with extreme cosmetic surgery, including Lipo...

• Like 1

What about signal comparisons to the Note 5?

What about signal comparisons to the Note 5?

IMO the Note 5 radios are better. Again I've only had the device since Friday.

IMO the Note 5 radios are better. Again I've only had the device since Friday.

Not what I wanted to hear, was hoping they would be a bit better than the Note 5. Surprisingly however any issues I had with my Note 5 have since corrected themselves I am back to great LTE everywhere, haven't seen 3G in a while.

Not what I wanted to hear, was hoping they would be a bit better than the Note 5. Surprisingly however any issues I had with my Note 5 have since corrected themselves I am back to great LTE everywhere, haven't seen 3G in a while.

not for me

My note 5 start perform better too now.

My note 5 start perform better too now.

How weird lol, must have been something with the network maybe.

I'll give a real update on note 5 vs note 7 when i can get the blue one. Side by side network comparison to really decide which is better. I expect the note 5 to win though.

• Like 1