Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

LOL, A wireless network is their core product. That should had been the focus from day one. You sell wireless service, not pokemon or others BS.

This is what happens when you hire CEOS with zero telecom experience. 

I know its quite embarrassing going into a Sprint store now, I recently went to inquire about switching plans and before opening the door was greeted with Pokemon garbage plastered all over the door.  My local store went as far a officially putting out an "official" pokestop stand out on the sidewalk as well as having pokemon dangling from the store ceiling....sigh....

• Like 3

My county disappoints me and they need to learn how to spell Shentel. If only they cared about the heroin problem as much as they do wireless.

http://www.your4state.com/news/virginia/after-great-push-back-from-locals-the-board-has-decided-to-deny-that-permit-for-possible-cell-tower/665745619

Shentel will just put up a bunch more small cells and the same dopes won't even be able to identify what they are. ????????????

FWIW I wish Sprint were run like Shentel, then it would be competitive with the other national carriers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

My county disappoints me and they need to learn how to spell Shentel. If only they cared about the heroin problem as much as they do wireless.

http://www.your4state.com/news/virginia/after-great-push-back-from-locals-the-board-has-decided-to-deny-that-permit-for-possible-cell-tower/665745619

I wonder how many of the NIMBY people complain about the speed/coverage in that location at the same time.

Perhaps they think wireless coverage is based on having a sufficient number of unicorns and amount of pixie dust.

• Like 3

Shentel will just put up a bunch more small cells and the same dopes won't even be able to identify what they are.

FWIW I wish Sprint were run like Shentel, then it would be competitive with the other national carriers.

So you are ok with <25% B41 installed and no 3xCA? Why is the rest of sprint with >60% B41 bad then?

You need to be at the supervisors meeting on April 4 and speak up. Get your act together and speak intelligently. It is possible to sway a vote or two. I have done this and have been successful. Try to talk to the supervisors individually before the meeting and figure out which one has objections and what those objections are. Try to get a questionable supervisor to listen to you.

Give the supervisor a good reason to vote for this.  Have an answer for the objection and speak about it when you are talking in the meeting.   Get another person with some intelligence to also speak.  These battles can be won.  Do not complain about the results if you were not there to help the situation.   Make the big effort. 

• Like 2

So you are ok with <25% B41 installed and no 3xCA? Why is the rest of sprint with >60% B41 bad then?

From all I can gather that beats Sprint in a lot of places.

From all I can gather that beats Sprint in a lot of places.

Please list the markets that are tracked and <25%. The only ones I can think of are West PA(tracked-0),South Carolina(untracked-0), and Jacksonville(semi-tracked-12 or 3% but lots of Clearwire). Most markets are greater than 25% even Delaware that was complained about a few post up is only short by 6 sites of 25% and that is without half the data in Wilmington a major city in DE being tracked. 

Please list the markets that are tracked and <25%. The only ones I can think of are West PA(tracked-0),South Carolina(untracked-0), and Jacksonville(semi-tracked-12 or 3% but lots of Clearwire). Most markets are greater than 25% even Delaware that was complained about a few post up is only short by 6 sites of 25% and that is without half the data in Wilmington a major city in DE being tracked.

I am tracking in SC, 1 installation of 113 sites around Myrtle to Florence.

Sorry, but can you clarify what you mean by "1 installation of 113 sites"?

I was thinking markets not states and I still view Myrtle Beach market as a NC market because it goes clear to New Bern, NC. I knew of your one site but wouldn't it be 2 since you have a seasonal cow at the beach.

My point is that the vast majority of sprint markets have more B41 sites than Shentel even if you through in SC/GA coast and the southern states of Ark, Miss, and AL. But Shentel is looked at as the genius at deployment while their deployment is just as slow  (and slower on the national since sprint is focusing on the big cities most) and does not include more than 2xCA.

It is all well and good, but I would much rather have a consistent 10-25Mbps speed block to block, area to area, rather than insane speed tests on one block and 0.53Mbps on the next block. I do like seeing progress being made though.

HPUE and HPUE-capable devices (like the upcoming LG G6, and presumably the Samsung Galaxy S8) will help to make this possible.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/breakthrough-hpue-innovation-to-benefit-tdd-lte-networks-worldwide.htm

With HPUE, our outdoor 2.5 GHz coverage strength becomes nearly identical to our 1.9 GHz coverage. And indoors, where 60 to 70 percent of all wireless traffic is generated, HPUE enables our 2.5 GHz spectrum to achieve 90 percent of the indoor penetration that is currently achieved by our 1.9 GHz spectrum. The result? An even better experience for our customers with increased coverage, more capacity, and faster speeds.

One of those speed test had a download speed of 211mbps!

Probably an announcement coming soon

But when root does testing this half sprint should blow them away as not many have 3xca phones so if root uses one ....

Probably an announcement coming soon

But when root does testing this half sprint should blow them away as not many have 3xca phones so if root uses one ....

Seems like root usually use Samsung devices so the next round of testing will be with a 3x CA capable device.
  • Like 1

I'll be honest, I do not know if it will be "Sprint" rolling this out once the auction ends (most likely a combined company will), and who knows what a merged company will want to do. Sprint has unfortunately made me very skeptical about their network over the years. Literally, Sprint is the only cell phone company I have ever had since I got my first cell phone. I was upset about WiMAX, but understood why they went to LTE. Then tri-band LTE with B41, the speeds are great when connected to B41, but when you are traveling you often do not hang onto B41 for long. Son is really not seemingly optimistic about Sprint unless it is merged: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/business/dealbook/masayoshi-son-sprint-and-a-bet-on-the-trump-economy.html?_r=1. The HPUE demonstration at MWC may have been a showcase to potential suitors the power the spectrum. I would not be surprised if Comcast or another cable provider gains interest.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I do not know if it will be "Sprint" rolling this out once the auction ends (most likely a combined company will), and who knows what a merged company will want to do. Sprint has unfortunately made me very skeptical about their network over the years. Literally, Sprint is the only cell phone company I have ever had since I got my first cell phone. I was upset about WiMAX, but understood why they went to LTE. Then tri-band LTE with B41, the speeds are great when connected to B41, but when you are traveling you often do not hang onto B41 for long. Son is really not seemingly optimistic about Sprint unless it is merged: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/business/dealbook/masayoshi-son-sprint-and-a-bet-on-the-trump-economy.html?_r=1. The HPUE demonstration at MWC may have been a showcase to potential suitors the power the spectrum. I would not be surprised if Comcast or another cable provider gains interest.

The HPUE-capable LG G6 has already been announced by Sprint.

and....

The whole point of HPUE is to expand Sprint's Band 41 footprint:

With HPUE, our outdoor 2.5 GHz coverage strength becomes nearly identical to our 1.9 GHz coverage. And indoors, where 60 to 70 percent of all wireless traffic is generated, HPUE enables our 2.5 GHz spectrum to achieve 90 percent of the indoor penetration that is currently achieved by our 1.9 GHz spectrum. The result? An even better experience for our customers with increased coverage, more capacity, and faster speeds.

Sprint said the network was "ready today" back in December 2016:

Our network is ready today for the initial roll-out of HPUE, including in our 250 LTE Plus markets. As for devices, we’re excited to see that leading players such as Qualcomm Technologies and Samsung plan to support Band 41 HPUE with devices slated to launch in 2017. Today we estimate that more than 600 million Band 41 2.5 GHz devices have shipped globally, making it one of the largest LTE ecosystems in the world.

The Samsung Galaxy S8 is likely to follow soon, based on this, and should also be HPUE-capable per this article.

• Like 2

Wait so no need for new radios to go up? I thought tower visits were going to be necessary for this switch. I understand the user devices are on the way, but I thought each tower would need a visit.

Wait so no need for new radios to go up? I thought tower visits were going to be necessary for this switch. I understand the user devices are on the way, but I thought each tower would need a visit.

HPUE = High Power (HP) User Equipment (UE) 

• Like 1