Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So sprint is offering many folks who left, $300/line to come back to sprint. Does anyone know what plans they are offering them?

Probably nothing more than what is being offered for new customers, Doubtfully Sprint could limit them to old plans. If someone with Sprint for sometime really wanted to get the promos Sprint is offering new customers, they could leave Sprint, come right back with the $300 line deal and the new customer promo, then when Sprint jacks up the prices in a year, tell Sprint you're going to leave unless the keep your prices at the same promo price. If they don't accept that, might as well leave Sprint then, because likely Sprint will have a promo for new customers at that point too that you can get onto if you just leave and come right back. That Sprint-like irony!

Sounds desperate to me, what the hell is going on lately. As always I'm pretty content with Sprint but lately they have been rubbing me the wrong way with their moves and lack of upgrades!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Probably nothing more than what is being offered for new customers, Doubtfully Sprint could limit them to old plans. If someone with Sprint for sometime really wanted to get the promos Sprint is offering new customers, they could leave Sprint, come right back with the $300 line deal and the new customer promo, then when Sprint jacks up the prices in a year, tell Sprint you're going to leave unless the keep your prices at the same promo price. If they don't accept that, might as well leave Sprint then, because likely Sprint will have a promo for new customers at that point too that you can get onto if you just leave and come right back. That Sprint-like irony!

I'm just trying to figure out as to why all these promos they have have for plans all expire around March of next year. Is this like a small sign of some sort? I just don't make sense to offer something and then switch it up. It just looks like they are giving people a try before you buy and that you'll love the network so much that when we raise the price you won't care.

When I ported out to Verizon almost 2 weeks ago, Sprint sent me a daily email saying how I made a mistake and to come back for $300 credit on my line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm just trying to figure out as to why all these promos they have have for plans all expire around March of next year. Is this like a small sign of some sort? I just don't make sense to offer something and then switch it up. It just looks like they are giving people a try before you buy and that you'll love the network so much that when we raise the price you won't care.

When I ported out to Verizon almost 2 weeks ago, Sprint sent me a daily email saying how I made a mistake and to come back for $300 credit on my line.

The 50% off your current provider plans that came out a while back also had a price hike after a year or two. I think many of those folks are starting to see higher bills around now.

Personally, I see all these promos as a big mess! I'm glad for the help I've been getting from T-Mobile, but their MyTMobile account page is a mess of information between add-ons, setting features turn on/off ads and HD, this and that, etc., along with that they messed up on the line I wanted the International Plus with 4G LTE hotpot on, which I changed online, but now it says it doesn't take effect until the end of the month in the new billing cycle. My mother is going to cal them, which I'm confident it'll get resolved, but its frustrating in the first place its such a mess, and I blame it on have so many promos and options. Also, the account shows our old devices, not the Lumia 950xl, so I'm sure not getting VoLTE on it unless it shows, according to someone at T-Mobile my mother spoke with said VoLTE ought to work on the Lumia 950xl after all. However, I'm sure it won't if the device isn't listed in the account as connected to that line.

This is why I say so often here on S4GRU there ought to be a flat per line rate for all customers, to keep everything fair and simple. Sprint use to do this years ago, when things were even a bigger plan mess with the other carriers, at least at that time, Sprint did things right. I think all carriers ought to just take a break from promos and come up with a price they think is best for all lines, and then make it official. As usual, my figure is on $45 monthly w/o tax, but since I like the idea of tax included, something that does make things simpler for customers, I'll raise that figure to $55 monthly per line with autopay or $60 monthly per line without autopay, taxes included, but no international calling and hotspot. Those are the only two options not included, but can be added on. 3G hotspot with international calling for $15 monthly per line. 4G LTE hotspot with international calling for $30 monthly per line.

Personally, I see all these promos as a big mess! I'm glad for the help I've been getting from T-Mobile, but their MyTMobile account page is a mess of information between add-ons, setting features turn on/off ads and HD, this and that, etc., along with that they messed up on the line I wanted the International Plus with 4G LTE hotpot on, which I changed online, but now it says it doesn't take effect until the end of the month in the new billing cycle. My mother is going to cal them, which I'm confident it'll get resolved, but its frustrating in the first place its such a mess, and I blame it on have so many promos and options. Also, the account shows our old devices, not the Lumia 950xl, so I'm sure not getting VoLTE on it unless it shows, according to someone at T-Mobile my mother spoke with said VoLTE ought to work on the Lumia 950xl after all. However, I'm sure it won't if the device isn't listed in the account as connected to that line.

This is why I say so often here on S4GRU there ought to be a flat per line rate for all customers, to keep everything fair and simple. Sprint use to do this years ago, when things were even a bigger plan mess with the other carriers, at least at that time, Sprint did things right. I think all carriers ought to just take a break from promos and come up with a price they think is best for all lines, and then make it official. As usual, my figure is on $45 monthly w/o tax, but since I like the idea of tax included, something that does make things simpler for customers, I'll raise that figure to $55 monthly per line with autopay or $60 monthly per line without autopay, taxes included, but no international calling and hotspot. Those are the only two options not included, but can be added on. 3G hotspot with international calling for $15 monthly per line. 4G LTE hotspot with international calling for $30 monthly per line.

That model didn't bode well for Saturn Automobiles

Auto pay saves money and brings in less late payments.

People like a deal and some people like to negotiate a better price even more.

For those that like a set price they should look towards an MVNO- which if memory serves you don't particularly like.

Activation or SIM card fees aren't going anywhere- they are a quick way to create cash.

• Like 1

Activation fees are bad but SIM fees are worse. Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T charge activation but SIM's are free. T-Mobile charges for the plastic that costs a buck to make. Lose a SIM card? Give us another $20, now $25. I know, it happened to me when I had the $30 plan as a backup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Activation fees are bad but SIM fees are worse. Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T charge activation but SIM's are free. T-Mobile charges for the plastic that costs a buck to make. Lose a SIM card? Give us another $20, now $25. I know, it happened to me when I had the $30 plan as a backup.

That said there are workarounds like getting a bestbuy T-Mobile prepaid SIM card for $5

That model didn't bode well for Saturn Automobiles

Auto pay saves money and brings in less late payments.

People like a deal and some people like to negotiate a better price even more.

For those that like a set price they should look towards an MVNO- which if memory serves you don't particularly like.

Activation or SIM card fees aren't going anywhere- they are a quick way to create cash.

Well, I'm not at all against the idea of autopay. I think that is a good option, except that it seems to make matters more difficult to upgrade between billing periods having either to wait for the beginning of the net billing period for the upgrades to take effect, or calling CS only to be told they could activate it for you right away, but that you're going to be backcharged it for the time you didn't even have it. That is what's going on with my T-Mobile account since the ER rep my mother spoke with messed up adding the one plus international, which this rep put it under the wrong line. A bit off-topic, but it seems T-Mobile did not fully close the account we had last year, and is messing up some other things associated with our coming back to T-Mobile, something that should be established new service, since the rep last year told us he was fully cancelling and closing that account. Yet the old phones associated with that account somehow suddenly are reappearing out of nowhere as activated on our two lines, which is so far from reality. One of the lines only has a brand new, never before been used sim card attached to the line, no active phone, while the other line is suppose to be activated on my Microsoft Lumia 950xl.

I realize people like choice, but its often choice that seems to cause problems. It is similar to the well-known differences between Apple and Android. With Apple, you have a very controlled ecosystem that while it can be "limiting" to people who want/expect a lot of choice, also is a secure environment that controls that less availability atmosphere. If you can get use to things being less open, you'll discover the neat, well organized nature of things that just makes life simpler and more easy to enjoy, for those who can, of course. With Android, its the opposite of needing all these variables to things that somehow more choice equals freedom and openness, which also means chaos and safety needs not being as protected in the name of free exploration.

I'm of the mindset of wanting something in between, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be socially possible, though technically it can. Still, society and it divisions will do that with everything, including with wireless rate plans. The same kind of scenario exists as the one you mentioned regarding autos (the Saturn mention). Although, my guess is people will demand more choice then compain about not having simplicity and security. If it were my decision, I'd prefer to force an Apple of wireless towards rate plans and watch to see if that model sticks or not.

Yes single lines no doubt! But many people are on family plans or share costs with close friends. However, even with a single line, if you have FiOS you are eligible to get a single line unlimited for $70 with 10GB hotspot. And while T-Mobile jacked its SIM card price up to $25, Sprint still charges a $30 activation fee, which is still more expensive than T-Mobile. Sprint also charges one of the highest administrative fees out there at $1.99 per line, while Verizon charges $1.23. It is definitely peanuts on the dollar, but Sprint isn't really better in fees than the competition.

Does the FiOS discount also apply to multi line accounts?

Sent from my Pixel XL

http://www.ibj.com/articles/62811-radioshacks-successor-reportedly-preparing-for-bankruptcy

"Filing will likely result in liquidation" well, isn't that something else. ????

Seriously the RadioShack deal was just such a waste of money and the Tidal deal would have made some sense if it were SoftBank and not Sprint doing it.

Edit: Pokémon too!

• Like 6

http://www.ibj.com/articles/62811-radioshacks-successor-reportedly-preparing-for-bankruptcy

"Filing will likely result in liquidation" well, isn't that something else.

Seriously the RadioShack deal was just such a waste of money and the Tidal deal would have made some sense if it were SoftBank and not Sprint doing it.

I'm not surprised. A lot of the stuff that RadioShack sold can now be purchased online via Amazon with next day shipping. Sprint stores in my area without RadioShack branding also performed better than those with it.

• Like 2

The scary thing is that Sprint leadership thought this was a good idea worthy of investing money in. They need corporate owned stand alone stores here in New Jersey. The RS locations they kept were mostly in rundown areas and washed up shopping centers that time passed by. Meanwhile the other three carriers make sure they are where their customers are.

• Like 3

To me, it is a focus issue. The lack of focus is maddening. Sprint has three priorities right now:

1. Network

2. Network

3. NETWORK

Focus on anything else seems extraordinarily wasteful given Sprint's less than optimal financial situation.

• Like 6

The scary thing is that Sprint leadership thought this was a good idea worthy of investing money in. They need corporate owned stand alone stores here in New Jersey. The RS locations they kept were mostly in rundown areas and washed up shopping centers that time passed by. Meanwhile the other three carriers make sure they are where their customers are.

The ones in my city are located in the same kind of areas and when driving past them, no one is in there shopping.

The mistake was not staffing with totally corp sprint employees. My market is all corp and everyone i know has been doing 150-300% of their assigned quata amd making $1000-3000 in commission. Ive been in some of the star assist RS staffed stores and they were terrible at selling sprint. I heard that sprint thought so lowly of them that they wete only asking for 5-10 phone sales a month which is probably why sprint wasnt paying them crap. While sprint staffed stores are asked for 50-100 devices a month and beating the goals.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You are 100% right. RadioShack stores made for cheap real estate, but most of them were not well located at all.

How did sprint get so distracted and not finish upgrades on the network. I'm staring believe merger going be push hard. Smalls cell will not be huge this year and and band41 will still be lacking lot markets.I am just waiting for galaxy s8 in April see any improvements or I will just ship . I just want see more coverage.

• Like 1

How did sprint get so distracted and not finish upgrades on the network. I'm staring believe merger going be push hard. Smalls cell will not be huge this year and and band41 will still be lacking lot markets.I am just waiting for galaxy s8 in April see any improvements or I will just ship . I just want see more coverage.

To be fair, Masa is extremely tight with the purse strings. That makes the RadioShack/Tidal/Pokémon dalliances all the more frustrating.

That crap won't get customers in the door. Advanced voice and data capabilities will do that. Not spectrum. Not Tidal. Not RadioShack. Not Pokémon. Only capability. Network product in customer hands paired to top level devices with simple rate plans.

• Like 9

Okay so I called back today to buyout my four leases (I was hung up on last night twice), and today I was told they cannot do this over the phone. I have to visit a Sprint store. Is this true? I thought people were able to pay it off over the phone!

My county disappoints me and they need to learn how to spell Shentel. If only they cared about the heroin problem as much as they do wireless.

http://www.your4state.com/news/virginia/after-great-push-back-from-locals-the-board-has-decided-to-deny-that-permit-for-possible-cell-tower/665745619

• Like 1

Okay so I called back today to buyout my four leases (I was hung up on last night twice), and today I was told they cannot do this over the phone. I have to visit a Sprint store. Is this true? I thought people were able to pay it off over the phone!

You should be able to pay off a lease over the phone or in a store.  Only devices on Easypay can be paid off over the phone (what I was told by a rep).  I just paid off an S7 over the phone and the device was automatically unlocked about an hour later.  

To be fair, Masa is extremely tight with the purse strings. That makes the RadioShack/Tidal/Pokémon dalliances all the more frustrating.

That crap won't get customers in the door. Advanced voice and data capabilities will do that. Not spectrum. Not Tidal. Not RadioShack. Not Pokémon. Only capability. Network product in customer hands paired to top level devices with simple rate plans.

LOL, A wireless network is their core product. That should had been the focus from day one. You sell wireless service, not pokemon or others BS.

This is what happens when you hire CEOS with zero telecom experience. 

• Like 4