Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Here's a pretty picture ;) :

(Source)

Hey I'm a guy I like pictures lol

Thanks

So the macro units are they located on towers or utility towers? And it seems they will do the bulk of the work in expending dead zones. Which is why I assume they aren't on the actual towers. Or do they expand coverage by alleviating stress on existing hardware.

Again thanks and guys for repeating what was most likely already said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I'm a guy I like pictures lol

Thanks

So the macro units are they located on towers or utility towers? And it seems they will do the bulk of the work in expending dead zones. Which is why I assume they aren't on the actual towers. Or do they expand coverage by alleviating stress on existing hardware.

Again thanks and guys for repeating what was most likely already said.

A macro site is what we refer to, in the general sense, as a 'tower.'

But they are mounted on buildings and some utility structures (electrical transmission 'towers', water towers, etc.) as well.

• Like 2

The pro Tmobile posters:

Stefan Naumowicks= probably a corporate Tmobile employee

Tony= doesn't know how to spell, but he is our favorite tech troll Richard Yarell

Willie D = Another Tmobile troll that is a bitter anti Sprint, probably used Sprint back in 2011-2012 when they were crap, but still think Sprint has the same network.

DougLTE= probably the biggest liar, still think Sprint network is crap, and before his experience was in northern California, but now this troll lives in Las Vegas. According to him Sprint sucks in Las Vegas too when he doesn't even use Sprint.

KenP= Another Magenta troll,but he goes alone with what his leader Fabian says

Maximus1901= Was banned from here enough said..

S. Ali= Used to troll a lot,but since he has to work he hardly comes by anymore. Unlike certain individual that lives at Fierce wireless

Registered User=  Another magenta troll that post a lot of false statements about Sprint, and still think   Sprint has the same network they had in 2012.

Xmiro= New to the scene,but its a Magenta troll that loves to shove everyone throat Tmobile quarter numbers.

Fabian Cortez= The leader of the cult of magentas, He loves to spill crap about competition. He says we need four carriers yet he is bashing Sprint 24/7. I exposed his B.S because his true motives is three carriers,but none named Sprint. 

He wants Tmobile to be the third and final carrier, but he wants Sprint spectrum in Tmobile hands. He is so sure they will acquire  a nationwide 10x10 600mhz.

What a cast! Makes for quite a (shit)show!!
  • Like 3

Las Vegas being a crappy experience for Sprint? Bull***t! I'm enjoying my Sprint experience here all the time. There are a few outlying areas that the network gets picky when it wants to work right, but for the most part, I'm happy. Of course, I don't go near The Strip, so I can't speak for that area.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A complete moratorium on S4GRU members commenting at FierceWireless seems like an extreme measure.  And, I agree, that somewhat plays into the demagogues' and trolls' hands, letting them hold their little exclusive fiefdom over FierceWireless comments sections.

That said, S4GRU members need to do better, be more professional.  Do not use multiple Disqus accounts.  Sign your name to your comments.  Polish your writing skills.  But, mostly, cut down on the volume -- comment only as necessary.

Comment just to provide factual information.  Comment just to correct anti factual information.  I had to do so a few weeks ago on a T-Mobile article -- because Phil Goldstein got his facts wrong in the article.  Whenever S4GRU members comment, though, do not get into petty fights with Fabian Cortez or his ilk.

Agreed?

AJ

Is it available to read on S4GRU or can you share a link? I would love to read it.

Is it available to read on S4GRU or can you share a link? I would love to read it.

I am uncertain what you mean.  Is what available?

AJ

But is that band 26 as MFBI? Bar none, SouthernLINC holds SMR 800 MHz spectrum below 814 MHz on the uplink and 859 MHz on the downlink. That spectrum is unusable for band 26, only band 27. So, if SouthernLINC does not do band 27, it will orphan that spectrum -- or leave it decrepit iDEN forever -- and be able to deploy only a piddling 3 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

Given that Sprint is already squatting on SouthernLINC's spectrum in the region, presumably as part of RRPP they have a deal to allow SLinc to use whatever Sprint spectrum holdings they want and vice versa. Maybe they'll do a formal spectrum swap like CSpire did to further cement the deal.

Given that Sprint is already squatting on SouthernLINC's spectrum in the region...

Per the FCC ULS, Sprint is not "squatting" on SouthernLINC spectrum in the region.  I know that Robert has stated or implied that, but in a rare instance, he is mistaken.  If Sprint can deploy band class 10 CDMA1X in the Southeast, band 26 LTE is a foregone conclusion, since the LTE carrier is even further away from SouthernLINC spectrum.

AJ

Per the FCC ULS, Sprint is not "squatting" on SouthernLINC spectrum in the region.  I know that Robert has stated or implied that, but in a rare instance, he is mistaken.  If Sprint can deploy band class 10 CDMA1X in the Southeast, band 26 LTE is a foregone conclusion, since the LTE carrier is even further away from SouthernLINC spectrum.

AJ

I wasn't mistaken.  But I was reporting from a snap shot in time.  As rebanding completed n the South, Sprint didn't initially have enough spectrum for a 5x5.  But something must have changed later.

• Like 1

I wasn't mistaken.  But I was reporting from a snap shot in time.  As rebanding completed n the South, Sprint didn't initially have enough spectrum for a 5x5.  But something must have changed later.

Well, maybe not you, but many of our members seem to believe that Sprint cannot deploy band 26 at all or is limited to a 3 MHz FDD carrier in SouthernLINC territory. We helped foment that idea. However, it turned out not to be true.

I wrote about this in another post a year or so ago, though I cannot recall in what thread. Some are under the wrong impression it is the band 26 LTE carrier that could infringe upon SouthernLINC spectrum. Nope. The band 26 LTE carrier is higher in frequency than the band class 10 CDMA1X carrier. Think higher frequency to the right, lower frequency to the left. And SouthernLINC spectrum is to the left. See these two graphics/images I created for two S4GRU articles in the past few years.

800bandplan1X.png

8vs1kz.png

People also need to understand that a 5 MHz FDD carrier is not really 5 MHz FDD -- its occupied bandwidth is 4.5 MHz FDD. So, a 1.25 MHz FDD CDMA1X carrier and a 5 MHz FDD carrier require a bare minimum of 5.75 MHz FDD plus guard bands. Even in SouthernLINC markets where Sprint does not hold a full 7 MHz FDD of rebanded SMR 800 MHz spectrum, Sprint still may have spectrum wiggle room. The higher placement of the band class 10 CDMA1X carrier at SMR 526, instead of the preferred SMR 476, for example, does not preclude a band 26 5 MHz FDD carrier at the usual EARFCNs 8763/26763. Only the spacings between the band class 10 CDMA1X carrier and the band 26 5 MHz FDD carrier are a bit tighter.

AJ

• Like 5

I thought you had written an article.  Sorry.  You had commented.  Just was curious about your responses to Phil Goldstein.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-all-band-12-lte-devices-our-network-must-support-volte-e911/2015-08-28

AJ

The pro Tmobile posters:

Stefan Naumowicks= probably a corporate Tmobile employee

Tony= doesn't know how to spell, but he is our favorite tech troll Richard Yarell

Willie D = Another Tmobile troll that is a bitter anti Sprint, probably used Sprint back in 2011-2012 when they were crap, but still think Sprint has the same network.

DougLTE= probably the biggest liar, still think Sprint network is crap, and before his experience was in northern California, but now this troll lives in Las Vegas. According to him Sprint sucks in Las Vegas too when he doesn't even use Sprint.

KenP= Another Magenta troll,but he goes alone with what his leader Fabian says

Maximus1901= Was banned from here enough said..

S. Ali= Used to troll a lot,but since he has to work he hardly comes by anymore. Unlike certain individual that lives at Fierce wireless

Registered User=  Another magenta troll that post a lot of false statements about Sprint, and still think   Sprint has the same network they had in 2012.

Xmiro= New to the scene,but its a Magenta troll that loves to shove everyone throat Tmobile quarter numbers.

Fabian Cortez= The leader of the cult of magentas, He loves to spill crap about competition. He says we need four carriers yet he is bashing Sprint 24/7. I exposed his B.S because his true motives is three carriers,but none named Sprint. 

He wants Tmobile to be the third and final carrier, but he wants Sprint spectrum in Tmobile hands. He is so sure they will acquire  a nationwide 10x10 600mhz.

Welcome to Fabian Cortez's Magenta Superfans...

120821_GWORD_SNLSwerski.jpg.CROP.rectang

So, who would win in a fight between between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Legere?  Of course, Legere would have one hand tied behind his back.

LE-gere!  LE-gere!  LE-gere -- but it will not be a TKO until the final round. 

What will be the subscriber numbers at the end of Q4 2015?

T-Mobile:  380 million.  VZW:  60 million.  AT&T:  50 million.  Sprint:  negative 37.

But, Fabian, those numbers don't add up.

Legere will somehow find a way.

Finally, who's a bigger rock star, Bono or Neville Ray?

NE-ville!  NE-ville!  NE-ville!

Yeah, that one wasn't even close.

AJ

• Like 18

Speaking of champions and rockstars:

http://www.adweek.com/agencyspy/publicis-t-mobile-want-you-to-think-again/93735

Divorced From Reality

I simply cannot believe they are seriously still going after Verizon. Just, not a good move.

Yet even in that ad, the coverage map shown there does not show as much coverage as their coverage flag does.

• Like 1

Welcome to Fabian Cortez's Magenta Superfans...

120821_GWORD_SNLSwerski.jpg.CROP.rectang

So, who would win in a fight between between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Legere? Of course, Legere would have one hand tied behind his back.

LE-gere! LE-gere! LE-gere -- but it will not be a TKO until the final round.

What will be the subscriber numbers at the end of Q4 2015?

T-Mobile: 380 million. VZW: 60 million. AT&T: 50 million. Sprint: negative 37.

But, Fabian, those numbers don't add up.

Legere will somehow find a way.

Finally, who's a bigger rock star, Bono or Neville Ray?

NE-ville! NE-ville! NE-ville!

Yeah, that one wasn't even close.

AJ

You have comprehension issues.

Troll Along

JK

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Speaking of champions and rockstars:

http://www.adweek.com/agencyspy/publicis-t-mobile-want-you-to-think-again/93735

Divorced From Reality[emoji769]

I simply cannot believe they are seriously still going after Verizon. Just, not a good move.

Hmm. Instead of trying to target Verizon so hard they should be trying to figure out how a "shitty" network like Sprints stays #3 on a nationwide level. If they doing so much 2g-lte they should have been #3 but they ended up regressing in score. But that's neither here nor there.

• Like 2

This is a quite interesting take on "Combining" Sprint/T-Mobile, but keeping them separate...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-t-mobile-could-combine-network-assets-new-company-analysts-argue/2015-09-22

Is there a chance Google buys 600 spectrum for both Sprint and T-Mobile to use and build out along with FI?

• Like 3

Is there a chance Google buys 600 spectrum for both Sprint and T-Mobile to use and build out along with FI?

they would need to buy enough to split it between t mobile and sprint, I can't see sprint and t mobile doing a shared deployment.  the LTE would also have to be available to sprint and t mobile customers, not just FI customers otherwise it wouldn't be worth the build out cost for sprint or t mobile, unless google wants to provide the equipment as well, i doubt that would be worth it for google, and would just help drive the cost up.   

they would need to buy enough to split it between t mobile and sprint, I can't see sprint and t mobile doing a shared deployment. the LTE would also have to be available to sprint and t mobile customers, not just FI customers otherwise it wouldn't be worth the build out cost for sprint or t mobile, unless google wants to provide the equipment as well, i doubt that would be worth it for google, and would just help drive the cost up.

Well 30 mhz is set aside. That's 15x15. You aggregate that with b41 or/and b4 CA. The build out is used with money saved from the auction.

I know we're dreaming but it's an idea. If Sprint and T-Mobile are not bidding against each other then Google can snag that 30 mhz at a bargain while AT&T and Verizon battle for the rest.

• Like 1

Well 30 mhz is set aside. That's 15x15. You aggregate that with b41 or/and b4 CA. The build out is used with money saved from the auction.

I know we're dreaming but it's an idea. If Sprint and T-Mobile are not bidding against each other then Google can snag that 30 mhz at a bargain while AT&T and Verizon battle for the rest.

If you are counting on plenty of or even any reserved spectrum in all markets, stop counting.  That is entirely dependent upon TV broadcaster participation.  I still expect another delay in the 600 MHz auction -- or outright disaster, as TV broadcasters may opt out.  I hope so.  This could be a fun train wreck to watch.

AJ

• Like 5