What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

No, I'm saying the main RF Engineer for Ericsson in the Baton Rouge market called me. Not the ticket escalation guys in Oklahoma City.

I used to work in that very department when I worked at Sprint. :)

• Like 1

I did notice there were some vans parked over by "my" tower earlier today...I'm going to be out and about later and since the tower is located where I can easily stop and get out, I'll try and take a picture and/or talk to the people there to see if they can tell me what they are doing. I'm sure it's not Network Vision, but maybe another bandaid fix as our speeds have (once again) been really tanking in this part of the city during the past 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

So, 4 o'clock comes around...still great..at home...lets hope that it keeps on going...

Best Spot (outside), up from .50dl, .40ul:

425750a9-dada-33de.jpg

Where I use my phone, up from .10dl, .25ul:

425750a9-db38-a96e.jpg

Worst spot in the house (normally roaming or 1x), up from 1x speeds:

425750a9-db6d-9a0f.jpg

We are defiantly almost there...hopefully NV brings even better speeds...

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Tapatalk!

Edited by zmccaa
  • Like 1

We are defiantly almost there...hopefully NV brings even better speeds...

Looking good! However, this is nothing compared to what NV should bring! :)

This is from a tower near where I work. Network vision equipment is on it but not sure it has been turned on as the old antenna panels are still there. I was about 1000 ft from the tower.

screenshot-1332520472661.png

• Like 1

This is from a tower near where I work. Network vision equipment is on it but not sure it has been turned on as the old antenna panels are still there. I was about 1000 ft from the tower.

screenshot-1332520472661.png

Can't wait....actually data speeds are still going strong at .95 here where it used to be nothing to .35 but when I call I get "Call Failed" all phones here doing it...called Sprint and the ticket placed 2 days ago was a ticket to bring my phone in and there was nothing on file about the voice issues......Sprint Techs don't listen....the girl I talked to 2 days ago said it was a network ticket and nothing about bringing my phone in (if the ticket fixes the problem)......so here I wait to call people...again...at least data is working..the Textfree + calling app is working now....so I will half to keep buying minutes and telling people to call me back so its free for me.....really annoying!

I'm in Chicago my 3g speeds ain't that fast where u at north west???

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I live near Rochester, no NV sites here...just the one tiny tower in the middle of my tiny town....and it shows that that one tower can't hold many people....

Legacy Equipment stays on site for 45 to 60 days after switch over.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Did some speed tests on the road. First one is site off I-70 and Mineral Springs Rd.

157930663.png

Second was at Huntoon Rd and Gage Rd. in Topeka. Great Ping time for non upgraded tower!

157962397.png

Rickie

• Like 2

EDIT:::: FAIL I just realised that i posted this post and the one under it in the wrong spot!! guess thats what happens when you have like 50 tabs open at once. If any mods see this can you move this post and the one under it to http://s4gru.com/ind...w/page__st__380

Im about 5 miles from the tower that my cell has connected to and i get 1 bar.

qqr96h.jpg

The program im using was free from the market but has some confusing info so ill just post what i think is relavent

Signal Strength -95 dbm

EVDO - 105 dbm

Ec/Io -300 through -800 it fluctuates alot. Also what the heck is EC/Io?

SNR 1

Network OP 310000

Sys ID 4126

Net ID 160

tower id 1404

I dont even know what half of this means but i know with 1 bar and -100 dbm is not good. While typing this out it connected to a different tower and i got 2 bars at like 2 dbm less. there is a tower about 2 miles from me but i cant connect to it because my area is hilly and it just on the other side :(

EDIT: I would also like you to know that if you look at where it says "server" it says its 300 miles away. i just noticed this on my tests but sometimes it says 200 miles other times it says 250 miles and now it says 300 miles. i can tell you for certain that i am no more than 100 miles from columbus OH but it seems to vary ALOT. Sprint needs to fix there network im getting tired of this.

EDIT:::: FAIL I just realised that i posted this post and the one under it in the wrong spot!! guess thats what happens when you have like 50 tabs open at once. If any mods see this can you move this post and the one under it to http://s4gru.com/ind...w/page__st__380

Edited by thelasthallow

Here is a post i took in the middle of the night about half a mile from a tower

157630428.png

Notice it says Distance ~100 miles now instead of 300 miles

I just took this speed test today at while at Mc Donalds now im about .2 miles from the tower near the same location as the first test

158219211.png

What you will notice is again it says Distance is ~300 miles but the biggest thing is it says 11AM and 126MS. This is on 3G and alot of people were out. in my area pretty much everyone hates sprint because no one lives in the small city where the signal is actually good they just live around it. and around it the signal is crap. so everyone has Verizon. this in turn gets you great 3G speed when in the city.

ill try and get another one at about 3 or 4 PM today to see how it compares.

I'm at an average of .55 dl and .65 ul and 99 - 200 ping...its actually consistent at about .70 dl now....during the day it goes down but not as much as before...to about .50, when before it would kick me to 1x and not work at all...still can't wait for network vision

I used to have this issue in my last home which was made of adobe. If I was on the side of the house closest to the tower, I would do pretty well. But the other side was a dead zone.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

My speeds are pretty consistent...still strong with 3 bars at .85 dl here...everywhere in my house gets about .65 dl and my kitchen get about .80 (at 8PM)....i am pretty happy with my speeds now..considering sprints website says i shouldn't have 3G service...

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Edited by zmccaa

My speed in December-January

and here is my speeds more recently

As you can see its better, not anything amazing though

usable at least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just got back from a week at mrytle beach. For the most part sprint phones are paper weights. Never even got past the ping on speedtest. So can't even report on how bad it was. Only saving grace is a lot of places have wifi.

Sadly believe this was the end of sprint for my family. At a competition with about 40 other adults and the only phones that were useless were ours. Wife is now 150% against staying with sprint now for any reason.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just got back from a week at mrytle beach. For the most part sprint phones are paper weights. Never even got past the ping on speedtest. So can't even report on how bad it was. Only saving grace is a lot of places have wifi.

Sadly believe this was the end of sprint for my family. At a competition with about 40 other adults and the only phones that were useless were ours. Wife is now 150% against staying with sprint now for any reason.

You gotta do what you gotta do. It's unfortunate Sprint let their network get to this state in so many areas, but it is what it is.

Does that mean I cannot count on you making another donation? :(

I doubt there is as cool of a forum or site for any of the other carriers as S4GRU.com!

Robert