Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Big improvement in usability and data at 94/i70 since the site a few miles away went LTE live/accepted. There is one in between so it kind of surprised me.

Sent from Nexus 5

The Zoo has LTE coverage and it's wicked fast! The last time I was here in the fall, there was only Band 41 coverage; I'm pulling 26Mbps (on plain 'ole band 25) inside the Herpatarium looking at turtles and snakes with the kids.

We've come a really long way over the winter months!

• Like 1

By the way folks this is where we were exactly 1 year ago today. Also to put it into perspective, these were about a week before i made my first post.

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it would be to start work in the St. Louis metro area. The city and county are divorced entities, and the county is made up of tons of smaller municipalities. Securing permits alone for work in all of the areas must be a full-time job, independent of any construction.

At any rate, my contract is up in October, so I'm hoping to have a shiny new iPhone with LTE to play with in the St. Louis area. :)

Is there a way to tell which tower we are connected to?

The only reliable way is to look in the LTE engineering screen at the cell ids, and then the only way to know is to do some foot work.

There is no reliable app, or any info that will tell you exactly which site you are connected to without doing some leg work. 

Or you caught a tower that has had a maintenance update recently. 3G upgrades typically come online in clusters, so it's not likely there are enough towers complete to have NV 3G online yet. We haven't had any reports of tower work yet in STL, so I'm guessing you just happened to find a tower that has a good backhaul connection on it's legacy 3G.

Once we actually start seeing movement in STL, there will be a lot more posts. At the moment, we don't have much more to talk about other than work should be starting in the next month or so.

• Like 5

True North is on site (old Olive St. rd & Lindbergh), working on a Clear flagpole. Driving by, I saw them working in the cabinets.

I'm in a meeting until 12:30, so I'll try to circle back and chat up the workers.

1EI072W.jpg

• Like 1

True North is on site (old Olive St. rd & Lindbergh), working on a Clear flagpole. Driving by, I saw them working in the cabinets.

I'm in a meeting until 12:30, so I'll try to circle back and chat up the workers.

1EI072W.jpg

I think its more likely that its NV work. 

I also saw people working on Harvester/McClay in St. Charles site the last few mornings hanging panels. Im guess that may be Clear work but not 100% sure. Someone may have posted in the part of the forum im too poor to be in.  :)

• Like 1

I also saw people working on Harvester/McClay in St. Charles site the last few mornings hanging panels. Im guess that may be Clear work but not 100% sure. Someone may have posted in the part of the forum im too poor to be in.   :)

Nope, haven't had a post in there for a while. 

Question, anyone else in St Charles county having CDMA issues? I am not noticing anything but 2 people here with older phones are having issues making calls.

Sent from Nexus 5

Anybody know status around Gravois Mills and Laurie near Lake Of The Ozarks. I haven't been down since September and was wondering if anyone has noticed anything new ? I'll be down later on today to find out for myself.

Well not much, there is one LTE tower active in Four Seasons, which reaches a nice distance, and a few 3G towers in other areas. Speeds are really slowing down and progress is being held up by local government rewriting rules for communication towers so nothing has happened for any company since October.

I have meet a guy who has the equipment to install 2 towers in Osage Beach, and has since October, just waiting on cities to issue permits to them.

Rickie

Question, anyone else in St Charles county having CDMA issues? I am not noticing anything but 2 people here with older phones are having issues making calls. Sent from Nexus 5

I live in O'fallon near highway K. I notice that LTE drops and my phone has a tough time reconnecting to LTE, but nothing specific to CDMA issues really.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live in O'fallon near highway K. I notice that LTE drops and my phone has a tough time reconnecting to LTE, but nothing specific to CDMA issues really.

Along Highway K? Closest cross street? 

Most of the sites in that area are complete, so that a little odd.

On k near 40 the "cc" tower is unusable almost like there is no backhaul connected to the strong LTE.

Corporate Center? 

There's still a couple sites in that area that have yet to be upgraded. What you're seeing is likely a symptom of congestion. The other sites need upgraded, and it'll probably take a second Band 25 carrier, Band 26, or Band 41 to get things working better.

In particular, the site near K and the Shop and Save would help with the congestion a lot.