Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I pulled these LTE Engineering screens Friday while at the intersection of Lindbergh & Manchester and while near Lindbergh & I-64.  I pulled the 05608B02 at the exact location of the pushpin on the Google Earth capture that is attached.  I can't find either of the SCIDs on the spreadsheet.

10-11-13.png

post-18286-0-89645100-1381775374_thumb.png

post-18286-0-55114500-1381775400_thumb.png

post-18286-0-98600200-1381775425_thumb.png

I pulled these LTE Engineering screens Friday while at the intersection of Lindbergh & Manchester and while near Lindbergh & I-64.  I pulled the 05608B02 at the exact location of the pushpin on the Google Earth capture that is attached.  I can't find either of the SCIDs on the spreadsheet.

10-11-13.png

The first two screen shots are from the I-64 & Lindbergh tower in Frontenac. The second screen shot is from E. St. Louis site by Emerson PK Metro Link site.

Springfield, MO!  I work near downtown (across from Darth Hammons tower) and 4G FINALLY went live sometime around 10:30 this morning.  I'm averaging about 13-14 mb/s down and 3 up.  This was a welcome development after having data so slow it was unusable for the past year.

I'll post if anything changes but it's been steady so far.

• Like 3

The first two screen shots are from the I-64 & Lindbergh tower in Frontenac. The second screen shot is from E. St. Louis site by Emerson PK Metro Link site.

That East St. Louis one is weird, I was only in the area by Lindbergh & I-64 & Manchester at that time of day.

Springfield, MO!  I work near downtown (across from Darth Hammons tower) and 4G FINALLY went live sometime around 10:30 this morning.  I'm averaging about 13-14 mb/s down and 3 up.  This was a welcome development after having data so slow it was unusable for the past year.

I'll post if anything changes but it's been steady so far.

Great news! The downtown tower was accepted over the weekend, but wasn't active last time I checked yesterday! Guess I'll have to check it out later today.

Any of those Springfield red neck.. I mean wooden pole sites get NV upgrades yet? 

No, still awaiting permit approval. If there was a change, you'd know about it. So stop asking.

• Like 1

OK. I know there are sites being accepted in Springfield but I have no idea which are wooden poles. I thought you said a long time ago a lot were. I didn't mean to hit a nerve.

< nothing to see here, move along >

There are 4 actual towers in Springfield. 3 of the 4 are now installed and active.

Everything else that has been accepted in the area is not actually in Springfield. 

The remaining 20 are utility pole towers.

There are 4 actual towers in Springfield. 3 of the 4 are now installed and active.

Everything else that has been accepted in the area is not actually in Springfield. 

The remaining 20 are utility pole towers.

I lived there for several years (2009-2012) and didn't realize Sprint had so many utility pole towers. I would guess the one by the mall is Sprint...always thought it to be a T-Mobile deal.

I lived there for several years (2009-2012) and didn't realize Sprint had so many utility pole towers. I would guess the one by the mall is Sprint...always thought it to be a T-Mobile deal.

Yep, that's a Sprint site. When I moved here, I thought for sure they were T-Mobile.... nope. I was very disappointed when I figured that out.

My iPhone is pulling down LTE in the Wildwood/Ellisville area where I was not previously getting LTE.  The Ballwin and Grover towers seem to be too far away, and I know for certain it's not the Grover tower since the Cell ID doesn't match up.  I'm showing a Cell ID of 90248451 on my field test screen.  I realize this could end up being an existing tower, but it doesn't look like anything else has lit up out this way, recently, and I wonder if something slipped through unnoticed.

My iPhone is pulling down LTE in the Wildwood/Ellisville area where I was not previously getting LTE.  The Ballwin and Grover towers seem to be too far away, and I know for certain it's not the Grover tower since the Cell ID doesn't match up.  I'm showing a Cell ID of 90248451 on my field test screen.  I realize this could end up being an existing tower, but it doesn't look like anything else has lit up out this way, recently, and I wonder if something slipped through unnoticed.

If you look on the acceptances you will see that 2 sites were accepted in that area, including this one.

If I have the three-digit serving cell from my GS3's LTE Engineering screen, can I tell which tower I'm connected to by looking at the map? 

For instance, I was connected to what has to be the South Belt West/Frank Scott Parkway tower in Belleville.  When I was a block away, my LTE Engineering screen showed a serving cell of 424, band of 25, and RSRP of -80.  

In this case it seems fairly obvious that I was connected to this tower.  But in cases where I have a weak LTE signal or I'm not sure where it's coming from, how can I take the info from the LTE Engineering screen and figure out which tower I'm on?

Was it from EPC.? That is like a block from me and I have never been in it.

< nothing to see here, move along >

It was from a place called Didion Orf Recycling/Refurbishing. Its a scrap place by Mid Rivers Mall.

Hope they cleaned it really well. Physically.. Ewww... and DBAN'd with the 7 times zeroed option.

It came with no hard drive. Just used mine from my old one for now. Until I can get a larger one. And I cleaned it when i got it. It was pretty clean just needed to use some monster screen clean on it.

If they can just get Downtown, the amphitheater/south of 94, and forest park area filled out, then it looks like they would have a nearly decent coverage for most of the stl metro area before winter sets in.