Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

What happened to the neosho site that was only waiting to be turned on?

Perhaps the same thing that happened to the Versailles site.... I didn't get down there to check out the towers so I don't know if they are actually complete.

Was it in an area that's not mapped on Sensorly yet?

I had LTE all over east and south Joplin yesterday from the three towers (Web City, SW I-44, and S on Range Line) that are already on.

I can confirm was not an area previously mapped.

Will run Sensorly on the drive home tonight to see if its still on or not.

I can confirm was not an area previously mapped.

Will run Sensorly on the drive home tonight to see if its still on or not.

Well that's good news! I can't imagine that it's one of the two being worked on on Range Line, they were not far enough along yesterday to be online today. Maybe by the end of the week. Wonder if it was the one on the northwest side of town that I found complete?

Im on the nw side of town and no lte here yet. Have my hotspot scanning lte only. Also didnt pick up any signal near the fountain road and north main area which I believe that tower should cover.

Im on the nw side of town and no lte here yet. Have my hotspot scanning lte only. Also didnt pick up any signal near the fountain road and north main area which I believe that tower should cover.

Then it's not that tower, will wait for Sensorly results to see.

I was in wildwood mo (far west manchester rd) by the college and was pulling ~2 meg ehrpd @ ~100ms ping, lat 38.58460, lng -90.63812

That is the fastest sprint 3g I have seen anywhere in the stl area, and the pings suggest NV ready tower.

Then it's not that tower, will wait for Sensorly results to see.

Were the cabinets installed and everything look ready to go on the nw tower yesterday? Btw.. thank you for the map you did!

I was in wildwood mo (far west manchester rd) by the college and was pulling ~2 meg ehrpd @ ~100ms ping, lat 38.58460, lng -90.63812

That is the fastest sprint 3g I have seen anywhere in the stl area, and the pings suggest NV ready tower.

Or you caught a tower that has had a maintenance update recently. 3G upgrades typically come online in clusters, so it's not likely there are enough towers complete to have NV 3G online yet. We haven't had any reports of tower work yet in STL, so I'm guessing you just happened to find a tower that has a good backhaul connection on it's legacy 3G.

Well that's good news! I can't imagine that it's one of the two being worked on on Range Line, they were not far enough along yesterday to be online today. Maybe by the end of the week. Wonder if it was the one on the northwest side of town that I found complete?

The one on 32nd near Flying J had all its pannels on and connected from what I could tell, but did have crews on it today.

Rangeline and 32nd had its pannels on, but as of Sunday where not conencted (could see the cabels hanging losely)

Rangeline and Silvercreek had maybe 2 or 3 panels on, had a guy or two on it, but the crain was not up, at least of this afternoon.

So if I had to guess id say they might have been testing the one by Flying J.

The one on 32nd near Flying J had all its pannels on and connected from what I could tell, but did have crews on it today.

Rangeline and 32nd had its pannels on, but as of Sunday where not conencted (could see the cabels hanging losely)

Rangeline and Silvercreek had maybe 2 or 3 panels on, had a guy or two on it, but the crain was not up, at least of this afternoon.

So if I had to guess id say they might have been testing the one by Flying J.

That could be. I saw that tower yesterday, there were still boxes of equipment at it's base yesterday as well. But everything looked to be in place, so they could have been testing it.

Range Line and Silvercreek didn't have any NV panels yesterday, but I did the the maintenance rope hung up.

I also saw the panels with nothing connected on the tower at 32nd.

Can anyone point me to information specific to the STL area. Sometimes I have a hard time weeding through all the Joplin info to find info related to my actual area.

Once we actually start seeing movement in STL, there will be a lot more posts. At the moment, we don't have much more to talk about other than work should be starting in the next month or so.

Or you caught a tower that has had a maintenance update recently. 3G upgrades typically come online in clusters, so it's not likely there are enough towers complete to have NV 3G online yet. We haven't had any reports of tower work yet in STL, so I'm guessing you just happened to find a tower that has a good backhaul connection on it's legacy 3G.

I'm finding the same thing happening in pockets on my commute. I'll be downloading a podcast or something see the percentage complete fly by on sections of Highway 64/40.

So was drving home from lunch, and they must have had one of the towers near South Rangeline up, showed 4G on my phone.

Ran a quick speed test and pulled 11mbps down and 10mbps up! :D

But lost the signal or they turned it off as soon as I got the the parking lot at work :(

So was drving home from lunch, and they must have had one of the towers near South Rangeline up, showed 4G on my phone.

Ran a quick speed test and pulled 11mbps down and 10mbps up! :D

But lost the signal or they turned it off as soon as I got the the parking lot at work :(

Very nice to see LTE coming on line in a neighboring state!

Update ! KC03RW419 (37.17778, -94.36444) near brroklyn heights, Joplin,MO has passed ATP. Waiting for Sprint Approval...

WOOT!

I forgot to look at the E 32nd ST tower, but crews continue to work on both 32nd & Rangeline and Rangeline & Silvercreek.

Well, three sides like a triangle. I guess if you call the pair on each side a panel I get that your saying.

???

There will be 3 NV panels. They will likely leave the 3 legacy panels up for a while, for a total of 6, but there are 3 new large panels going up.

???

There will be 3 NV panels. They will likely leave the 3 legacy panels up for a while, for a total of 6, but there are 3 new large panels going up.

or could be 6 legacy panels left up because most sites have 2 per sector unless on a telephone pole :)