Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Remember, this is 800CDMA, which your Note 2 is already capable of.

Not really its turned off and really hit or miss if it works for you even with a custom prl. Lots including Robert report can't sms or send receive calls on CDMA 800 on their Note 2's.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Not really its turned off and really hit or miss if it works for you even with a custom prl. Lots including Robert report can't sms or send receive calls on CDMA 800 on their Note 2's.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Weird I thought CDMA800 worked on everything as far back as the Evo 3D.

Think I may have been the only one on the tower. Not sure exactly where I was, headed north on 55 past Troy but before Litchfield. Not my neck if the woods all kinda looks the same- corn fields covered in snow

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Looks like work has started at the billboard site near 94/Zumbehl. I see a ladder and rope up, cold be changing the sign I guess. Will update tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 3

If it ain't one thing it's another. I swear...... So has the throttling began?

I assumed my pixilated pictures and videos(all downloaded mind you) was due to being on 3g most of the time. I'll have to check again when I get back on LTE, and possibly open a ticket with Sprint.

Not throttling... Compression issues maybe. I haven't noticed any problems down here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Some pictures come up pixelated while on LTE but I am currently viewing an Olympic Youtube video is HD and it is crystal clear. Gracie Gold sure is pretty hot lol.

Some pictures come up pixelated while on LTE but I am currently viewing an Olympic Youtube video is HD and it is crystal clear. Gracie Gold sure is pretty hot lol.

Careful there. Lol.

I watched the NBC Olympics livestream while driving back and forth across KC this past weekend and it was crystal clear the whole way. Drove from the west side of Johnson county to well east of downtown (no, I was not driving) and had a picture the whole way. Never stuttered, never pixelated. I was impressed. 

I have not noticed with videos but have definitely noticed with images, especially on image sharing apps like Tumblr, Flickr, and Pinterest. 

Sprint does employ jpeg/gif compression on their network, see here: http://www.sprint.com/legal/open_internet_information.html 

What specific types of optimization does Sprint employ?
<snip>

• Image Compression: JPEG and GIF compression designed to reduce the size of images while maintaining no user perceptible loss of quality.

It has been frustrating me for a while but I haven't seen it brought up too much. Some sites seem to compress more than others. Compression is generally much less apparent on 3G. On LTE, it can get ugly, definitely what I would define as "user perceptible loss of quality."

I am hoping that after NV is complete and Sprint has a more stable network, they will be able to scale back the compression a bit while still maintaining network quality. With LTE sites in some cases covering 1.5-2x the area they would be covering vs if all sites were upgraded, I can see why Sprint wants to provide a good overall user experience via compression.

Looks like work has started at the billboard site near 94/Zumbehl. I see a ladder and rope up, cold be changing the sign I guess. Will update tomorrow.

Ok, there is a new pipe sticking up from the billboard with 3 smaller ones about the size of a antenna panel mounted at 120 degree spacing around it but not panels yet.

• Like 2

I have not noticed with videos but have definitely noticed with images, especially on image sharing apps like Tumblr, Flickr, and Pinterest. 

Sprint does employ jpeg/gif compression on their network, see here: http://www.sprint.com/legal/open_internet_information.html 

It has been frustrating me for a while but I haven't seen it brought up too much. Some sites seem to compress more than others. Compression is generally much less apparent on 3G. On LTE, it can get ugly, definitely what I would define as "user perceptible loss of quality."

I am hoping that after NV is complete and Sprint has a more stable network, they will be able to scale back the compression a bit while still maintaining network quality. With LTE sites in some cases covering 1.5-2x the area they would be covering vs if all sites were upgraded, I can see why Sprint wants to provide a good overall user experience via compression.

I know that Sprint has stated that they do use image compression (that link didn't work for me?) but it's never been clear how often or widespread, or how severe the compression is.

I guess it's possible that it kicks in if a site is experiencing high usage, which most sites in STL would be right now since there are still many more to fill in between the currently active sites. Odd that it would behave differently on 3G vs LTE. 

I know that Sprint has stated that they do use image compression (that link didn't work for me?) but it's never been clear how often or widespread, or how severe the compression is.

I guess it's possible that it kicks in if a site is experiencing high usage, which most sites in STL would be right now since there are still many more to fill in between the currently active sites. Odd that it would behave differently on 3G vs LTE. 

Sorry, here's the link http://sprint.com/legal/open_internet_information.html

For some reason with a www. the page doesn't load.