Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

According to information that I have just received, there is 1x800 on air(at some sites) in the following areas:

Joplin

Jefferson City

Springfield

Rolla

St. Louis Metro/Metro East(.5%)

Other Counties(Don't know what this means, but 12%)

Please be on the lookout with signalcheck for 1x800

According to information that I have just received, there is 1x800 on air(at some sites) in the following areas:

Joplin

Jefferson City

Springfield

Rolla

Will it say 1x800 instead of 1xRTT??

I rarely use Signalcheck but I will start, now that I know that 800 is around the corner....and remember folks this is 1x800(CDMA) and not 800LTE, so pretty much any phone from 2011 and newer can find this info.

I think that's the site at Cave Springs Estates and Ticonderoga.

Yup it is. Got a screenshot with map /3 digit cell id

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

During my drive to and from Chicago last week I noticed that I had 1X800 pretty much solid from just north of Springfield, IL.  Several times I had only 1X800 with no 3G/LTE data connection.  As mentioned here the data connection seemed to be as bad a 1XRTT.  Is HD voice the only benefit we will notice for 1X800?

Joplin

Jefferson City

Springfield

Rolla

Unless someone gets to them before Friday I'll let you know when I find down I44 and anything near Springfield.

During my drive to and from Chicago last week I noticed that I had 1X800 pretty much solid from just north of Springfield, IL.  Several times I had only 1X800 with no 3G/LTE data connection.  As mentioned here the data connection seemed to be as bad a 1XRTT.  Is HD voice the only benefit we will notice for 1X800?

800 1x is not meant for data. It will not be any better than PCS 1x. 

During my drive to and from Chicago last week I noticed that I had 1X800 pretty much solid from just north of Springfield, IL. Several times I had only 1X800 with no 3G/LTE data connection. As mentioned here the data connection seemed to be as bad a 1XRTT. Is HD voice the only benefit we will notice for 1X800?

HD voice isn't part of 1x800. You will just get better voice/sms coverage and data coverage if LTE and EVDO isn't available. 1xAdvanced increases capacity to make room for more data carriers which will be rolling out on PCS and 800mhz but Ericsson doesn't even seem to be using 1xA even on 800SMR for some idiotic reason. Samsung areas are seeing 1xA on both bands though.

Page and Dielman site is down. Synergy Concepts has a truck there with a guy at the top of the tower. Cable hanging. This already a lte site so not sure what they are doing.

800 1x is not meant for data. It will not be any better than PCS 1x. 

I can't wait to see good reception in my office...in valleys around Upper Alton...Between 64 and Carbondale on IL 127. And in general be able to use the PHONE and not drop a call pretty much ever.

Page and Dielman site is down. Synergy Concepts has a truck there with a guy at the top of the tower. Cable hanging. This already a lte site so not sure what they are doing.

Maybe fixing something on it. Or doing 3G(or possibly 1x800) related stuff. I saw a worker at an accepted site and he looked like he was hanging over the top of the antenna doing something. That was back when I was having major crossed line problems.

I can't wait to see good reception in my office...in valleys around Upper Alton...Between 64 and Carbondale on IL 127. And in general be able to use the PHONE and not drop a call pretty much ever.

I'm looking forward to 800 almost more than LTE too. Reception around Springfield really drops off once you get away from our telephone sites. I get -105, -110 dBm reception in my house. Hopefully that's enough to force a scan for 800. Any specifics or just 800 is live somewhere in those listed areas?

Clear upgrade??

Fixing it I hope... :D

Maybe fixing something on it. Or doing 3G(or possibly 1x800) related stuff. I saw a worker at an accepted site and he looked like he was hanging over the top of the antenna doing something. That was back when I was having major crossed line problems.

As I was driving back by it I saw them pulling something up to it. I'm not to sure what it was as I was driving and gas light came on so I had to get home because I forgot my wallet.  <_<

How long has this one been live anyway? This morning was the first time I noticed it her at apartment complex.

I think it was accepted this week. Maybe last week.

I rarely use Signalcheck but I will start, now that I know that 800 is around the corner....and remember folks this is 1x800(CDMA) and not 800LTE, so pretty much any phone from 2011 and newer can find this info.

So again, what is the big deal about 1x800?