Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Anyone want to guess when the first 800 will show up in the Missouri Market? I'm excited they say 800 LTE by the end of the year now.

I will just be happy with decent 3G and the dim hope of regular 4G by the end of the year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wonder what they did at the site close to where I work to get us back on EV-DO. It seems like if I see the True North white pickup truck there the site doesn't work as well after they leave... Anyone also have data issues with the Weldon Spring site LTE data today? I connected fine with a nice signal strength at lunch but couldn't do anything. I am trying to figure out if it was the whole site or just one sector kaput.

I ran some speed tests from my parents house off of independence Saturday and Sunday and in was getting really crappy speeds as well. I thought it was just distance but looking at it now it should have been great.

I ran some speed tests from my parents house off of independence Saturday and Sunday and in was getting really crappy speeds as well. I thought it was just distance but looking at it now it should have been great.

It happens.. My LTE site I use at work hits 8000/1500 at 7am or so.. Max for my location with a -97 signal. By lunch time everyday it is dead. Ping times are 1000-2000 with speedtest of less than 100 kilobits if you can get it to finish. I usually force over to EVDO which works decent unless I get stuck on my channel 100 on the site near me that has been dead since November.

Sprint says nothing is wrong with the legacy site. They say the slow LTE site is working fine and is being upgraded then close the tickets. None of which is true as the site is completed and even legacy equipment was removed already.

I really think they should have put up a 2nd LTE carrier most places. The 3G was over loaded the 4G with one is likely to be too. At least until 800/2500 LTE fires up with phones to boot. My problems today were not with too many people on it, they just mucked the guts up somehow.

I really think they should have put up a 2nd LTE carrier most places. The 3G was over loaded the 4G with one is likely to be too. At least until 800/2500 LTE fires up with phones to boot. My problems today were not with too many people on it, they just mucked the guts up somehow.

No room though in my area. They sold off 5mhz of their 15mhz to AT&T a couple years ago. Sites are already maxed out with the 7 carriers due to poor spacing. C'mon 800LTE!

You know what would be REALLY nice is if after a few triband LTE phones are out they come out with a early upgrade plane to push usage of 800 and 2500.

You know what would be REALLY nice is if after a few triband LTE phones are out they come out with a early upgrade plane to push usage of 800 and 2500.

That kind of plays into the aggressiveness I've read about Son/SoftBank. It would be pretty sweet.

Mapped out a little of the side roads near the newly turned on tower at 141 and 21 on Sensorly, got Signal Check Pro and sent a small donation for here. I have too much free time before work.

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk Beta 4

• Like 2

The dark purple at Jungermann and 94 is a lie

2 Questions:

Is it pronounced Jungermann or Youngermen? We always had this debate when I worked over there.

It is Weldon Spring or Weldon Springs?

2 Questions:

Is it pronounced Jungermann or Youngermen? We always had this debate when I worked over there.

Haha, my wife and I always argue about this. Im from the area and everyone i know from the area calls it Jungermann. However, she worked with a guy who knows the Jungermann family which the street is named after, they pronounce it Youngerman. Still think im right. I also call it Weldon Springs but it looks like im wrong on that one as well. Oh well.

• Like 1

Haha, my wife and I always argue about this. Im from the area and everyone i know from the area calls it Jungermann. However, she worked with a guy who knows the Jungermann family which the street is named after, they pronounce it Youngerman. Still think im right. I also call it Weldon Springs but it looks like im wrong on that one as well. Oh well.

Or just call it Weldon.. The city next to me in the next parish is called Denham Springs. Kinda redneckish and even rumors of KKK stuff. Everyone calls it Denham. And many call it Denham damn it. From "I am from Denham damn it."

2 Questions:

My grandparents live in Whitmoor and everyone out there says Weldon Springs, but I'm sure that it is Weldon Spring.

My grandparents live in Whitmoor and everyone out there says Weldon Springs, but I'm sure that it is Weldon Spring.

Technically, it's Weldon Spring, but when I was out there at the weather service, everyone said Weldon Springs. Just rolls of the tongue better I guess...

• Like 1

Technically, it's Weldon Spring, but when I was out there at the weather service, everyone said Weldon Springs. Just rolls of the tongue better I guess...

It does. A lot of folks in St Chuck say Springs.