Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Had I boom lift under it when I drove by this afternoon.I Wasn't able to get a good look at it as it sits off the free way in a Granite construction yard that is fenced. I will try and get up there sometime this week and get a better look with a telephoto lens ;) I wont subject anyone to long distance blurry phone pics  :o  It is about 2 miles south of 

which also sits off of I-15

Sweet,  is 1.6 miles from mi casa.  I really wish I had some more time to check these towers out.  How are you in Saratoga Springs and making your way to these towers so frequently? 

Edited by lilotimz
Sponsor info in public

I see there are three towers in my area (Ogden) and a map I saw in the members forum said they have permits issued what exactly does that mean my 3g here is horrible 86kbps but where I work in Layton I get 1573kbps and I don't see any 4g stuff there

I see there are three towers in my area (Ogden) and a map I saw in the members forum said they have permits issued what exactly does that mean my 3g here is horrible 86kbps but where I work in Layton I get 1573kbps and I don't see any 4g stuff there

Harrybear25 permits issued means work can start anytime. It could have already started? Or it could start months from now. Basically you should just stop by those sites and see if any work is being done.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Well I found 2 more towers in SLC getting some NV love today!! I cant believe no LTE yet! Its gotta be getting super close I cant stand it much longer!! 

Site  with some new hardware. Sorry its hard to see but it fenced in and sits against the freeway so this is as close as I can get. Americom was on site today. You can see the two RRUs on the left side of the tower.

6u8u9y3a.jpg

The rest are of site SL73XC188

You can see site id sharpied on this panel and the six cables

yruqyban.jpg
yvabedam.jpg

Power still labeled as nextel?
udapaqyd.jpg

Fiber junction box
zu9udyqa.jpg

This panel is a bit shorter and wider than the other two anyone know why? It has the 6 cables and 2 RRUs as far as I could tell?
2e9u4u8e.jpg
aguvyme6.jpg
puquduma.jpg

Well I found 2 more towers in SLC getting some NV love today!! I cant believe no LTE yet! Its gotta be getting super close I cant stand it much longer!! 

zu9udyqa.jpg

This panel is a bit shorter and wider than the other two anyone know why? It has the 6 cables and 2 RRUs as far as I could tell?

Maybe that panel has lots of fiber in it so they put a wider one? ;)

2e9u4u8e.jpg

Narrow beam width. Used to either confine the signal to a smaller area, or shoot it longer distances, such as down a highway.

more info i heard, because of the merger, apprently softbank is FORCING sprint to complete NV within the 8 months to a year, any thought about this?

Not a clue there is a thread that talks about the merger but I haven't read a lot if it. It seems like a lot of speculation to me. I think sprint is pushing the vendors as as fast as they can.

more info i heard, because of the merger, apprently softbank is FORCING sprint to complete NV within the 8 months to a year, any thought about this?

Pretty sure that's a rumor at this point. Not that anyone would complain, as long as Softbank is paying for it.

Just saw work being done on a roof site in Draper on my lunch!

nice!! i can literally feel LTE. hopefully we get the bal rolling soon, i check literally every day lol

Pretty sure that's a rumor at this point. Not that anyone would complain, as long as Softbank is paying for it.

LOL amen to that.

Backhaul is the fiber being run to the tower. Just like your home has DSL or cable or fiber optics for your Internet, the cell towers needs to connect to the Internet through a hard line/Microwaves so we get Internet on our devices. Sprint is getting fiber run to each cell tower (or microwave) and that's the backhaul. So in short the stuff to make your Internet run fast :)

Oh ok cool! Sorry another question. I'm not very familiar with what back haul means. I've seen it mentioned a lot though. What exactly does that mean?

Already explained fairly well, but just to expand a bit.

Backhaul is the term for the connection to the internet backbone that allows each cell site to work. It carries the information for not just internet use, but voice and text as well.

Sprint has ordered high speed backhaul to be delivered to nearly all of its sites. It comes in various forms. Preferably fiber, but there are quite a few other connections, such as microwave or another AAV. The only requirement is that it proved adequate speeds and ping times for LTE.

It is possible for the front end, the connection you see at the site, to be connected and appear to be ready, but the final connection at the source is incomplete. Meaning a site can sit for quite some time even though it looks ready.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1