Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Well...possibly. At some sites here in Utah maybe. It does depend on when crews get the panels and rrus installed. Sometimes (though not often from what I see) backhaul is there we are just waiting on the equipment at the tower. What it sounds like in salt lake and Provo area yes we are waiting on backhaul to light up at least one lte tower. Just an FYI Up in the ogden/Layton area there is about 4-5 sites I drive by occasionally and nothing has happened yet that I've seen up here. Who knows maybe the backhaul will be installed before the equipment on the tower. I have seen a lot of t mobile tower upgrades and a few new towers for t mobile go up here though. When I first started tower hunting and I didn't know the locations I saw a tower go up by my house and I got really excited thinking it was sprint but alas it was t mobile. Curse you t mobile upgrades!

Darned tmobile!!! I'm keeping faith. Even though 3G is crap sometimes LOL, still keeping faith in the yellow. I'm hoping I will get to laugh at all of my capped and throttled friends. Silly data caps... Haha.

Already explained fairly , but just to expand a bit.

Backhaul is the term for the connection to the internet backbone that allows each cell site to work. It carries the information for not just internet use, but voice and text as well.

Sprint had ordered high speed backhaul to be delivered to nearly all of its sites. It comes in various forms. Preferably fiber, but there are quite a few other connections, such as microwave or another AAV. The only retirement is that it proved adequate speeds and ping times for LTE.

It is possible for the front end, the connection you see at the site, to be connected and appear to be ready, but the final connection at the source is incomplete. Meaning a site can sit for quite some time even though it looks ready.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Why do you have to one up me like that?  Getting into the real nitty gritty.  Your time will come and I will one up you...just you wait. haha

Just got off a flight at the airport and picked up my car at diamond parking (redwood road and north temple). Getting 4G LTE signal! I'll post a picture when I get to my office.

Yeah the site was just barely accepted!  We weren't sure if they were going to turn on the LTE in a few days or if they lit it up right when it was accepted.  Obviously it is lit up!  Thanks for the update!!!  I'm curious if you ran a speed test while you were on LTE?

I'm going to stick to the old saying... "Sensorly or it didn't happen!" 

Once you guys find the site, then it's time to start tracking the serving cell IDs for all 3 sectors.  Since it will be the only site you'll be picking it up for 7-10 miles away depending on the site configuration.  You'll know if it is a new site or not when someone reports they have LTE at the corner of Billy Bob and Jones Willy St.  Once they post the LTE engineering screen you'll instantly know if the site is new or not. 

Check my signature for the map and spreadsheet we keep going in the New Orleans market with all this info on all the sites.

Would u post a link to your thread?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-33&do=findComment&comment=102322

It has some screenshots/info on there but it has evolved and changed a bit and will soon change again, plus I added the map and network KML for loading straight into the Google Maps app for site hunting and information on the go.  Makes for easy confirmations/forum postings like this:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-168?p=168595&do=findComment&comment=168595

I got a 4G signal driving into work today, on the I-15 going north, exiting at 600 South! I furiously tried to get Sensorly up and running, but I didn't get it up before I lost the 4G signal. I assume the signal came from that site near the airport.

I posted the location in the sponsor area. 

Look at that pretty purple dot in Salt Lake City!  Nice work!

Do you guys want me to go ahead and fire up the automated S4GRU calling service to call all of your wives/girlfriends to notify them that you will be home late from work today due to necessary Sensorly mapping?  ;)

• Like 2

I'm going to stick to the old saying... "Sensorly or it didn't happen!" 

Once you guys find the site, then it's time to start tracking the serving cell IDs for all 3 sectors.  Since it will be the only site you'll be picking it up for 7-10 miles away depending on the site configuration.  You'll know if it is a new site or not when someone reports they have LTE at the corner of Billy Bob and Jones Willy St.  Once they post the LTE engineering screen you'll instantly know if the site is new or not. 

Check my signature for the map and spreadsheet we keep going in the New Orleans market with all this info on all the sites.

I stopped using sensorly because it slowed down my phone.

I will drive by the site again on my way home and grab a screen shot of the Service Mode screen.

Good because they will be needed if anyone wants to determine if they have a new site or not.

How long does it take for Sensorly data to be put on the map? I don't see my mapping data on the website yet. I do see it on my phone.

It comes from the same place in the app.. it's the cache differences.  Scroll around zoom in etc