Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

The site is in Riverton UT. Here is a link https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.501133,-111.94143&num=1&t=h&z=20 the tower is not listed on antennasearch.com . I will try and get some pictures, though probally not today as winter is in full affect today.

The site is in Riverton UT. Here is a link https://maps.google....&num=1&t=h&z=20 the tower is not listed on antennasearch.com . I will try and get some pictures, though probally not today as winter is in full affect today.

This appears to be a full build site. Take some pictures of their work when you get a chance. New panels and the base station equipment. We can then identify if work has started at this site. Thanks!

Robert

• Like 2

Robert

Here are some pictures Of that site in riverton UT. I am unable to get any of the ground equipment due to it being On private property.

uha9a3ap.jpg

u4a9a8a2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Robert

Here are some pictures Of that site in riverton UT. I am unable to get any of the ground equipment due to it being On private property.

uha9a3ap.jpg

u4a9a8a2.jpg

AT&T

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Just heard from a friend who works for a local ISP in Utah county that Sprint will be finished with fiber/backhaul updates in this specific area by May. Here's to hoping that NV updates for all of SLC/Provo are on the same schedule.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Any word or info on the slc market?

Work will begin in mid to late Spring.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the update! You always seem to have time to reply to any thread! I think you have earned another donation for your hard work and dedication. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Work will begin in mid to late Spring.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I am new to the site so pardon my noobness. After work begins when is the LTE network usually deployed and ready to use?

I have business devices that I am considering switching off Sprint and over to AT&T or Verzion because of the slow LTE deployment. I have an SIII user who can only use 3G here in Salt Lake City and it is awfully slow.

Edited by jagar123

I am new to the site so pardon my noobness. After work begins when is the LTE network usually deployed and ready to use?

I have business devices that I am considering switching off Sprint and over to AT&T or Verzion because of the slow LTE deployment. I have an SIII user who can only use 3G here in Salt Lake City and it is awfully slow.

It can vary from a few weeks to months. Some sites are turned around seemingly in less than a week, so sites take months. A few sites in Kansas and Louisiana have been sitting for months with all the equipment installed and still no LTE. As long as backhaul is in place, once work physical works starts at a site, it should only be a couple of weeks before things start coming online. That's assuming that the Utah LTE core is complete too.

It can vary from a few weeks to months. Some sites are turned around seemingly in less than a week, so sites take months. A few sites in Kansas and Louisiana have been sitting for months with all the equipment installed and still no LTE. As long as backhaul is in place, once work physical works starts at a site, it should only be a couple of weeks before things start coming online. That's assuming that the Utah LTE core is complete too.

What do you mean by the "Utah LTE core" ? Sorry just need more detail or dumbed down :D

What do you mean by the "Utah LTE core" ? Sorry just need more detail or dumbed down :D

Basically, it's where your data traffic goes before it's actually dumped into the internet.

It's a new routing system that allows for the faster data transfer and lower pings needed for LTE. Without it online, LTE is not possible. There is on average, one LTE core for each market. Some markets share cores, and some larger population markets (LA I think) have more than one core.

so is there any way to find out that info...where is or would it be located or has it been updated?

That I do not know. I'm not sure we have that info. Robert would be the best one to answer that.

It's usually a good sign that the core is complete or nearly if eHRPD has been pushed to your market. You can check that by looking at your network status.

That I do not know. I'm not sure we have that info. Robert would be the best one to answer that.

It's usually a good sign that the core is complete or nearly if eHRPD has been pushed to your market. You can check that by looking at your network status.

Looks like I'm getting eHRPD at my place, downtown SLC. I noticed a doubling in my 3g speeds over the past 2 weeks. From 0.30-60 mbps to 1.00-1.40 mbps, almost the same as the Wimax in my house (1.50-2.50). I consistently get .90 mbps, before I was stoked to see anything above 0.40. I can't wait to start rocking the LTE on my evo!

Looks like I'm getting eHRPD at my place, downtown SLC. I noticed a doubling in my 3g speeds over the past 2 weeks. From 0.30-60 mbps to 1.00-1.40 mbps, almost the same as the Wimax in my house (1.50-2.50). I consistently get .90 mbps, before I was stoked to see anything above 0.40. I can't wait to start rocking the LTE on my evo!

I have been getting eHRPD all over the valley as well for a few months now. Permits are starting to be issued for work on towers. Hopefully work will start soon!

I have been getting eHRPD all over the valley as well for a few months now. Permits are starting to be issued for work on towers. Hopefully work will start soon!

LTE is in the air, I can smell it. I was forcing myself to accept that it wouldn't begin until late this year, setting myself up nicely for a nice birthday present in July....hopefully. Don't disappoint me Sprint!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

That would be awesome if LTE comes to SLC area, I don't live in this area (actually SE Idaho), but our area uses the SLC/Utah switch. I could expect to see LTE sometime after that, hopefully before the fourth quarter. It's hard seeing my friends and family using Verizon's LTE and me using inconsistent 3G speeds...our area is largely dominated by Verizon.

yes a donation will get you access to more info via the sponsor section of the forums. any help is welcomed! there is a thread in the sponsor forum with a map of sites with permits. those would be great sites to keep an eye on.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday while in Lehi near main street and I-15 I ran a speed test while in 3G and hit 2Mb down and over 1Mb up, a second test rendered the same results. I have never hit anything above 1Mb in Utah on 3G, getting anything close to that is a rarity. Makes me wonder if there has been some work done at the tower on the old sugar mill smokestack in Lehi .

Edited by jgoff1

Yesterday while in Lehi near main street and I-15 I ran a speed test while in 3G and hit 2Mb down and over 1Mb up, a second test rendered the same results. I have never hit anything above 1Mb in Utah on 3G, getting anything close to that is a rarity. Makes me wonder if there has been some work done at the tower on the old sugar mill smokestack in Lehi .

That site is in progress if you have a chance swing by an snap some pics of the Sprint base station(clear at&t and tmobile are all on that site) I would but im in PA until next week.

While on my trip back up the 15 this morning I ran a couple more speedtests in the same area and got 1.2 Mb down on 3G and that was while I was running Sensorly in the background. When I get a chance, I'll swing by and snap a few pics.

uploadfromtaptalk1367978846673.jpg

This is the first new actual hardware ive been able to find and its partially installed by looking at the back of it..sorry couldnt get a pic of the back. Im refering to cabinet on the right. its at the first in progress site in utah :D

• Like 1