Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I got a question. I just bought a house out in Tooele, will they be seeing a LTE upgrade in the near future?

make a donation and become a sponsor and you will have the answers to the questions you have.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

So I just got home from work. Passed by 3500s and 2700w. I couldn't pick up an LTE signal... Testing maybe from earlier?

possibly. The signal I had was very weak and would fade in and out throughout the day.  I work at the police dept right there and in my office the signal was very weak.  It would fluctuate between full bars of 3G and 1 bar of LTE.  It probably helped that I was above the street slightly.

So now that I'm a sponsor is their a place i can see expected lte launch dates or expected launch information besides the nv completed sites map because that does not show anything in ogden. Or are they not planning on doing any lte in ogden?

So now that I'm a sponsor is their a place i can see expected lte launch dates or expected launch information besides the nv completed sites map because that does not show anything in ogden. Or are they not planning on doing any lte in ogden?

Welcome and enjoy. Ogden is in the early stages of nv as far as we can tell so far. It appears Syringa is currently laying a lot of fiber in that area which is key to lte. All of ogdens sites will get lte. Now we need people in that area to hit the streets and see what's happening by going out and looking at sites. I have links in my signature that will help you get familiar with what to look for.

Welcome AFtweek!  There are a few of us in the Ogden area keeping track of the towers close to us.  It'll be great to have new blood to help us out!  :)

Welcome AFtweek! There are a few of us in the Ogden area keeping track of the towers close to us. It'll be great to have new blood to help us out! :)

Welcome AFTweek! You're new here but I already feel that we could be great friends! I take many trips to Ogden to visit family. Your help is much appreciated.

Can anyone clarify any information about the tower in sugar house (1300 east 2100 south). I have been dropping calls and roaming from day to day at home. I have also noticed that the construction in Sugar House park had some utility trucks the other day. Anyone know if the construction on the corner of 1300 east and 2100 is NV?

Unfortunately, we do not have any kind of scheduling information. At the very beginning of Network Vision, we got scheduling information for the 1st and 2nd round markets, but that schedule quickly got thrown out the window as equipment, vendor and backhaul delays slowed things down.

What we do know is that Sprint works on entire markets at the same time, so Odgen, being in the Utah market, is currently in deployment plans. How long it takes work to arrive depends on permitting and paper pushing government issues, as well as scheduling crews and equipment. If you have easy permit requirements, once work starts it should go pretty quickly. 

We don't know about work going on on the ground without reports from members like you. So if you want to see those little white pins in you neck of the woods, you'll have to be one of our spotters! One work starts, it is quite fun to see it progress. 

:welc: and thanks for being a Sponsor!

Can anyone clarify any information about the tower in sugar house (1300 east 2100 south). I have been dropping calls and roaming from day to day at home. I have also noticed that the construction in Sugar House park had some utility trucks the other day. Anyone know if the construction on the corner of 1300 east and 2100 is NV?

Without pics, no way to know without someone there checking it out!

check out sensorly. it helps a bit.....and shows areas poking up....

some areas though like logan, and tremonton, were probably launched to check things out, before they hit big cities...

as I am in logan this week, it is nice...BUT 1 thing....it takes a bit to dl an app???

very odd...

humm just did one. and it was fine... Maybe it was just last night...

check out sensorly. it helps a bit.....and shows areas poking up....

some areas though like logan, and tremonton, were probably launched to check things out, before they hit big cities...

as I am in logan this week, it is nice...BUT 1 thing....it takes a bit to dl an app???

very odd...

humm just did one. and it was fine... Maybe it was just last night...

Maybe all 10 of the people that live there in Logan were using the mobile network at the same time. 

I KEED I KEED!!!! LOL

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377205217.713407.jpg

I am a noob in all this. Can anyone confirm that this is the sprint tower in sugar house and if it even has NV?

your a sponsor so you should be able to find out if there is a site there. But those don't look to me like nv panels but I use the rru and 6 cable to verify nv. Follow the Utah nv map thread there is some info and links there that you might find helpful.

Well, I drove through Hyrum (south of Logan) today and LTE was active. I ran a speed test while driving and got dl: 14.66 Mbps ul:5.4 Mbps. It was nice to have some fast Internet for a change. Now if only they'd activate the Logan tower, I can barely stream music in town and in parts don't even get a decent 3G signal.