Coverage Map Update 4/3

RAvirani

The voice coverage map specifically looks awful in Seattle, probably even worse than L1900 coverage...

The main difference I see is all that roaming east of Seattle is gone, but it may have been gone for a while.. I hadn't looked at that area in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

The main difference I see is all that roaming east of Seattle is gone, but it may have been gone for a while.. I hadn't looked at that area in a while.

Sprint provides CDMA and LTE coverage the entire way from Seattle to Canada on both highways 5 and 9; I've driven both roads numerous times. The new map doesn't reflect this. The new map also displays coverage holes along highway 12 between I-5 and Packwood as well as roaming between Sedro-Woolley and Concrete, both of which are covered well. Large coverage areas south of Tacoma are missing, too, and there appear to be new inaccurate roaming holes on the east side of Lake Washington. 

Coverage on the west side of the sound is also thoroughly understated...

Just now, RAvirani said:

Sprint provides CDMA and LTE coverage the entire way from Seattle to Canada on both highways 5 and 9; I've driven both roads numerous times. The new map doesn't reflect this. The new map also displays coverage holes along highway 12 between I-5 and Packwood as well as roaming between Sedro-Woolley and Concrete, both of which are covered well. Large coverage areas south of Tacoma are missing, too, and there appear to be new inaccurate roaming holes on the east side of Lake Washington. 

Coverage on the west side of the sound is also thoroughly understated...

Yet all the sites are shown. It's like the reporting threshold was reduced several dBm.

Robert

4 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Yet all the sites are shown. It's like the reporting threshold was reduced several dBm.

Robert

Yes. Very strange. There were areas before where I thought coverage was understated - now the maps look like they barely display L1900 coverage.

7 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Yes. Very strange. There were areas before where I thought coverage was understated - now the maps look like they barely display L1900 coverage.

Maybe "Voice" coverage is not CDMA.  They might be showing VOLTE voice capability??

23 minutes ago, chamb said:

Maybe "Voice" coverage is not CDMA.  They might be showing VOLTE voice capability??

Even then, the voice coverage map falls far short of L800 coverage - even short of L1900 coverage in some places. 

6 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Hi all,

Sprint updated their coverage map today and coverage looks absolutely horrendous, at least in Seattle. Has anyone else noticed the update?

Colorado definitely is different. There doesn't seem to be any change for any markets east of Colorado. I'm not familiar enough with SW region markets to be able to tell. 

14 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Colorado definitely is different. There doesn't seem to be any change for any markets east of Colorado. I'm not familiar enough with SW region markets to be able to tell. 

I can confirm that Louisville and Chicago seem to be relatively unchanged. 

Well I can tell that highway 6 heading to Blackhawk from Golden and then highway 119 to Blackhawk is mostly false. Verizon has small cells all along highway 6 through the canyon so sprint will roam through there. Once you get closer to Blackhawk then all carriers signal improves.