LG V60 News & Rumors

PythonFanPA

On 4/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, twospirits said:

This thread is starting to look like a me only blog. lol

TMo is having a BOGO on this device.  So I couldn't resist.  Ordered today one for me and my wife.  I'm excited to finally upgrade to my first 5G phone!  Thanks for your info, or I wouldn't have probably done the Dual Screen.

Robert

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, dkyeager said:

I only update phone every few years. How has the telephoto aspect improved since the v20 days? For example, a cell site? Thanks

I haven't taken any myself but the Tech Preacher did. At time index 4:11 to 4:20 in his camera test video he shows a tower at wide and 10x zoom.

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

TMo is having a BOGO on this device.  So I couldn't resist.  Ordered today one for me and my wife.  I'm excited to finally upgrade to my first 5G phone!  Thanks for your info, or I wouldn't have probably done the Dual Screen.

Robert

Somegadgetguy does a very good review on it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Haven't seen anything mentioned yesterday. But I'm curious about one thing though. If every device goes through the FCC, wouldn't there be a FCC document for the Sprint version. I checked and didn't see one. Unless you don't need to go through the FCC if it is just a T-Mobile V60 version with just a Sprint boot up screen logo.

I guess we'll find out June 12th.

TS out

2 hours ago, twospirits said:

Haven't seen anything mentioned yesterday. But I'm curious about one thing though. If every device goes through the FCC, wouldn't there be a FCC document for the Sprint version. I checked and didn't see one. Unless you don't need to go through the FCC if it is just a T-Mobile V60 version with just a Sprint boot up screen logo.

TS out

I'm guessing that's the case. I spoke with 2 different reps on 2 different dates (both were clearly American) and both told me the launch date was June 12th. The second time I called I asked the guy "are you sure about the June 12th launch date and are you sure that it's the V60". He said yes I'm absolutely sure. He said they wouldn't know anything about pricing until June 12th but he was sure about the launch.

On 6/2/2020 at 8:17 AM, twospirits said:

TS out

Since the T-Mobile version already supports B25/B26/B41 as well as the usual T-Mobile bands including 5G, I imagine they didn't need to resubmit to the FCC. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even switch out the boot screen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Since the T-Mobile version already supports B25/B26/B41 as well as the usual T-Mobile bands including 5G, I imagine they didn't need to resubmit to the FCC. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even switch out the boot screen.

The key item would be dialer codes or a hidden menu to allow band selection.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

It's just the T-Mobile phone with a Sprint SIM in it. In fact, on first boot, it freaked out that SIM had been changed and it had to reboot...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Do you not want to order it through them?

I usually bought my past Sprint phones through BestBuy since they had better sales deals.

16 hours ago, JimBob said:

I usually bought my past Sprint phones through BestBuy since they had better sales deals.

Same here but they aren't selling the LG V60. Sucks. What's even worse is my V60 doesn't have NR On so not getting everything.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...