Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

With those speeds you may be connecting to an existing tower further east.  While those are huge improvements over Sprint's 3G, when a tower lights up closer to you those speeds will regularly be 2-6 times faster.  That has been my experience.

Confirmed LTE Coverage Downtown at 17th & Broadway

I have been mapping in Sensorly for 20 minutes, I have collected several speed tests and have 50 confirmed LTE points in and around my building.  The data is uploading to Sensorly servers as we speak.  This has not been like the last few days where LTE connects and then drops, It is now 11:15 and I have had the connection since 10:45 (at least that's when I noticed it).

I have screen shots that I will be uploading to https://app.box.com/s/69kqulyg8z26v82pdmlf

I collected several speed tests, average speed inside the building appears to be about 1.5-1.7 Mbps Down and 1.0 Mbps Up. Signal was not super strong, but it was pretty decent. 

*EDIT*:  I dropped 4G around 11:15, as of 11:31 I am back on.

*EDIT 2*  Sensorly has recorded the points, but you have to zoom in quite a bit to see them.  They are there though at the intersection of 17 and Broadway just north of the Capital.

Edited by xiutehcuhtli
  • Like 2

I JUST GOT LTE IN COLORADO SPRINGS!!!

I see your Sensorly contributions. Looks like a very weak signal. Did you get the Signal Check Pro app or check your signal strength in your dialer menus? I added some weak signal data on the way to work this morning around I-70 and Vasquez.

Oh wait, I'm in LA, not COS. Sorry for the confusion. ;) I just got LTE in LAX! <Insert evil laugh>

• Like 2

I see your Sensorly contributions. Looks like a very weak signal. Did you get the Signal Check Pro app or check your signal strength in your dialer menus? I added some weak signal data on the way to work this morning around I-70 and Vasquez.

Oh wait, I'm in LA, not COS. Sorry for the confusion. ;) I just got LTE in LAX! <Insert evil laugh>

Ha! Well played.

Hilarious.

I didn't get Signal Check Pro, I just have the Lite version.  According to the app signal strength was:

RSRP: -117dBm (10 asu)

RSRQ: -11dB, SNR: 7.2 dB

Contrasted with my usual EV-DO signal at around -74 dBm, it was indeed a considerably weaker signal.  Nonetheless, it was a pretty consistent signal while I had it.  I can't imagine it would be from one of the towers out east, that would have to be too far.

Hilarious.

I didn't get Signal Check Pro, I just have the Lite version.  According to the app signal strength was:

RSRP: -117dBm (10 asu)

RSRQ: -11dB, SNR: 7.2 dB

Contrasted with my usual EV-DO signal at around -74 dBm, it was indeed a considerably weaker signal.  Nonetheless, it was a pretty consistent signal while I had it.  I can't imagine it would be from one of the towers out east, that would have to be too far.

It's not impossible. You may just be in the right spot where the conditions come together to focus the signal, creating a very weak connection.

It's not impossible. You may just be in the right spot where the conditions come together to focus the signal, creating a very weak connection.

I suppose it could be.  It makes me happier to think that something magical is happening.

I saw the work tower from my home this morning.

Our area is called the North Fork Valley.  It includes Hotchkiss, Paonia, Crawford, and Cedaredge.  All towns are in Delta County, about 40-60 miles SE of Grand Junction.

The new Samsung 4G LTE equipment is on the tower awaiting hookup and testing.  But 3G upload speeds are already much better.

• Love 1

Was down in Greenwood Village and saw the monopole at Orchard and University had its cover off (bottom section of an available 3).

The question I've had running through my mind is how they deal with a site like this if the site is only one panel/antenna per sector when they usually have the 2x1 configuration?

• Love 1

All the sites along US 50 between I-25 in Pueblo and Cañon City have been upgraded with new Samsung NV equipment. Every single one. Yet none of these are accepted yet. Colorado may be much farther along than it seems. :fingers:

I discovered no LTE nor CDMA 800 though. :td:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

All the sites along US 50 between I-25 in Pueblo and Cañon City have been upgraded with new Samsung NV equipment. Every single one. Yet none of these are accepted yet. Colorado may be much farther along than it seems. :fingers: I discovered no LTE nor CDMA 800 though. :td: Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sounds like what happened between KC and Joplin along I-49 last fall. Sat for months before acceptance. 

Who has to accept it...Sprint?

Yes. But they may not even be complete. Could need to be set up in the cabinets or backhaul configured or the site integrated. You cannot tell these things while driving by at 60 mph. But I could tell that the new panels and RRU's were installed on all sectors of each site.

• Love 1

Sensorly shows some hits on I-25 just south of Monument. Surely these are not from the Castle Rock site. That would be 15-20 miles of range and it shows as moderately strong hits. Bet we'll actually see our first live LTE tower in or very near El Paso county soon. No joke this time. :-)

Sensorly shows some hits on I-25 just south of Monument. Surely these are not from the Castle Rock site. That would be 15-20 miles of range and it shows as moderately strong hits. Bet we'll actually see our first live LTE tower in or very near El Paso county soon. No joke this time. :-)

I'm going to check it out on Tuesday when I'm in Monument.

• Like 1

Can it be the tower I saw getting some work done by last Saturday