Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Good point.  I forgot about that.  I more meant Highlands Ranch.

Nothing's up on Sensorly in HR yet. But, Douglas County's planning site shows that a few permits were approved and jobs completed in northern DougCo, including Louviers, Hwy85 @ C470, ~ ParkerRd@470.  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87043/dougco.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing's up on Sensorly in HR yet. But, Douglas County's planning site shows that a few permits were approved and jobs completed in northern DougCo, including Louviers, Hwy85 @ C470, ~ ParkerRd@470.  

Yeah, I've been checking the site a lot and occasionally stopping by the tower just south of santa fe and c470.

In other news, I stopped by the Sprint store downtown today and asked about LTE.  The rep I talked to didn't know much officially other than it would be around 6 months but had talked to a customer who is a contractor working on the network.  He said this customer said they will be focusing up north and going up the I-70 corridor this summer since working in the mountains in the winter isn't exactly the best idea.  He had also heard about some testing going down in the Springs and guessed that they might start working north from there and south from the north side of Denver.  I told him about S4GRU and he was excited about it (thanks for the info if you end up reading this!).

Also, they're installing fiber on University Bvld just between county line and dry creek.

Is this that huge tower right before the Parker Road exit on E-470 on your right if you are heading southbound? 

I hope so, can't wait for 4G

Im in the springs what part of the springs did he say that they were testing Lte did he say???

He said they might be testing and mentioned a general area (which I can't remember).  He was uncertain though.  A tower will likely pop up in the completed maps sooner or later.

I just donated. How do I see the maps with active towers

Cheers

Go to the main Forums page, scroll down to the bottom section labeled : The S4GRU CLUB

In there you will find all the goodies, including: Interactive S4GRU Maps

Thanks for your help. So all the red flags in the Colorado thread are 4g or potential 4g towers ? I live in aurora service is terrible. Trying to find closest towers

There are 2 map threads that I would suggest. The first is called "NV Sites Complete". It is a map of the status of all upgraded NV sites. Zoom in on Colorado and you will see all the the upgraded towers to date.

The second is called "Network Vision Site Map - Colorado, Utah and Idaho Markets"

That one shows ALL cell sites slated for a NV upgrade. Not all but most NV sites will get 4G. I'm remembering off the top of my head but I think it's something like 99% of the sites will get 4G. \\

Edit: I just looked at the thread about NV sites not getting 4g There is a map that shows which sites wont be getting 4G, and none of them are in Colorado, so hopefully without breaking any rules here I would say every NV site in Colorado will eventually get 4G.

Edited by narf

Thanks for your help. So all the red flags in the Colorado thread are 4g or potential 4g towers ? I live in aurora service is terrible. Trying to find closest towers

The red pins in Colorado are sites that have NV 3G accepted. These sites will also have LTE activated once the approprtiate backhaul arrives. 

Edit: I just looked at the thread about NV sites not getting 4g There is a map that shows which sites wont be getting 4G, and none of them are in Colorado, so hopefully without breaking any rules here I would say every NV site in Colorado will eventually get 4G.

There are a few GMO sites on the highways along I-80 I think it is, as well as in the mountains. These sites won't be receiving LTE in the first round of updates this year, but later next year they are supposed to come back and do the full upgrade. See the GMO article written by Robert for more information.

The red pins in Colorado are sites that have NV 3G accepted. These sites will also have LTE activated once the approprtiate backhaul arrives. 

Actually, the red pins in the Colorado thread are "Sprint sites that are slated to receive Network Vision upgrades in the Colorado, Utah and Idaho markets" according to the description. Basically a map of all Sprint Towers.

The red pins in the "NV Sites Complete map are sites that have NV 3G accepted but are awaiting LTE (again according to the descriptions of the maps)

• Like 1

Is this that huge tower right before the Parker Road exit on E-470 on your right if you are heading southbound? 

I hope so, can't wait for 4G

I think you're right. Looks like you can get pretty close driving into the neighborhood. Maybe you'll see some activity. Good luck.

Actually, the red pins in the Colorado thread are "Sprint sites that are slated to receive Network Vision upgrades in the Colorado, Utah and Idaho markets" according to the description. Basically a map of all Sprint Towers.

The red pins in the "NV Sites Complete map are sites that have NV 3G accepted but are awaiting LTE (again according to the descriptions of the maps)

I assumed he was referring to the NV Sites Complete map, in which my description would be accurate. 

• Like 1

Thanks Narf and Dkoellerwx

@graemeflorance: post #12 in NV Sites Complete thread reiterates what's been explained here.   I was concerned that complete with 3G-only meant that it would stay 3G-only.

I agree that Aurora coverage is pretty bad,  although someone's mapped LTE near Peoria and Colfax on Sensorly. 

I know folks are using some other LTE hunting apps but I think CellViz is pretty cool, for seeing the tower you're accessing.

Thanks Narf and Dkoellerwx

@graemeflorance: post #12 in NV Sites Complete thread reiterates what's been explained here.   I was concerned that complete with 3G-only meant that it would stay 3G-only.

I agree that Aurora coverage is pretty bad,  although someone's mapped LTE near Peoria and Colfax on Sensorly. 

I know folks are using some other LTE hunting apps but I think CellViz is pretty cool, for seeing the tower you're accessing.

Thank you all very helpful indeed

• Like 1

OK ANY UPDATES FOR COLORADO SPRINGS FOR LTE OR 800MGZ 3G IS SO BAD !!!!

Dude, chill!  I thought you had finally learned patience because you hadn't posted this kind of post for a while.  Seriously, caps and always asking about updates does nothing.  You are a sponsor, check the updates, that is all.

• Like 1